Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

View Poll Results: Grey or Black

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Grey

    5 26.32%
  • Black

    14 73.68%
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Registered Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Nov 06 2017
    AZ Member #
    409460
    Location
    Vancouver

    Rotor Wheels Black vs Grey

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I'm really struggling with this. I still have a few weeks to make a decision before order is final.

    I can't decide on the color of Rotor wheels to order. The car will be Nardo with Black Optics, and black calipers. I don't typically like black wheels that much and only really considering because it ties in with the black optics. The grey are also matte instead of gloss. It's virtually impossible to find pics of sedans with Rotors (or facelift sportbacks with grey rotors) so the pics are the best I could find.





    Any thoughts?

  2. #2
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    393992
    Location
    Canada

    I prefer the top wheels but not enough contrast on the Nardo

  3. #3
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 02 2017
    AZ Member #
    407767
    Location
    Seattle

    Which ever will show the least amount of brake dust/road debris

  4. #4
    Senior Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jun 23 2015
    AZ Member #
    339002
    Location
    Michigan

    black and nardo all the way.

  5. #5
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Oct 14 2017
    AZ Member #
    408407
    Location
    Canada

    I have a 2018 Nardo, black optics and black calipers. I opted for the grey rotors. I feel like they blend in with the car more, which is what I was after. Although, I do really like the look of the black rotors and they go really well with the black optics package. I knew exactly how I wanted to spec the car, but the black vs. grey rotor was the only thing I flipped back and forth on. Either way it's completely personal preference obviously. I'd shoot some pics but they are sitting in my basement as I had to immediately put on my winter setup. I think grey is the stealthier look while the black is the way to go if you want them to pop and accent the optics package.

  6. #6
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Nov 14 2014
    AZ Member #
    294983
    Location
    pnw

    Gotta go black or even silver. What color are the mirror caps?

  7. #7
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Apr 22 2012
    AZ Member #
    92305
    Location
    Norway

    I ususlly like the gray rotors best but in this case the black once all the way.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  8. #8
    Active Member Two Rings DQBRS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 11 2017
    AZ Member #
    406748
    Location
    Houston, TX

    Feel like black = plastic and will look played out/dated in a year or two. Personal opinion. Naysayers will counter 'but carbon fiber'..
    2018 Audi Q5 Monsoon Gray
    Incoming - 2018 Audi RS3 Daytona Gray / Alu / Dynamic+ / Tech / CF Inlay / Leatherette / Gray Stich / ProdWeek 4417

  9. #9
    Registered Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Nov 06 2017
    AZ Member #
    409460
    Location
    Vancouver

    Quote Originally Posted by ahyeah View Post
    What color are the mirror caps?
    Black

    Quote Originally Posted by lalalaprise View Post
    I prefer the top wheels but...
    Quote Originally Posted by DQBRS3 View Post
    Feel like black = plastic and will look played out/dated in a year or two. Personal opinion. Naysayers will counter 'but carbon fiber'..
    Agree with both of you which is why this is tough, lol. On just about any other color I would go with grey.

    Quote Originally Posted by CJMRS3 View Post
    I have a 2018 Nardo, black optics and black calipers. I opted for the grey rotors. I feel like they blend in with the car more, which is what I was after. Although, I do really like the look of the black rotors and they go really well with the black optics package. I knew exactly how I wanted to spec the car, but the black vs. grey rotor was the only thing I flipped back and forth on. Either way it's completely personal preference obviously. I'd shoot some pics but they are sitting in my basement as I had to immediately put on my winter setup. I think grey is the stealthier look while the black is the way to go if you want them to pop and accent the optics package.
    Where do you live? If you're local I would have to go black! Haha

  10. #10
    Senior Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jun 23 2015
    AZ Member #
    339002
    Location
    Michigan

    Quote Originally Posted by DQBRS3 View Post
    Feel like black = plastic and will look played out/dated in a year or two. Personal opinion. Naysayers will counter 'but carbon fiber'..
    lol. This is a somewhat ironic opinion for me. Nardo Gray looks like plastic. But it's hot....So I cannot agree with the plastic comparison.

  11. #11
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Nov 06 2016
    AZ Member #
    384766
    Location
    Blaine, Wa

    Slightly off topic: I love these wheels and wish I could have ordered them in the US, and wonder if anyone knows what the offsets are on these OEM rotor wheels that are available in Canada? The similar looking 8.5" Hartmann rotors that fit our cars have a 38et.

  12. #12
    Registered Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Nov 06 2017
    AZ Member #
    409460
    Location
    Vancouver

    Quote Originally Posted by keninblaine View Post
    Slightly off topic: I love these wheels and wish I could have ordered them in the US, and wonder if anyone knows what the offsets are on these OEM rotor wheels that are available in Canada? The similar looking 8.5" Hartmann rotors that fit our cars have a 38et.
    The blades are +46 on the 8.5" and +42 on the 8", I would expect the Rotors to be very close (1 or 2mm) to that or even the same.

  13. #13
    Established Member Three Rings G_Wagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 21 2017
    AZ Member #
    391227
    Location
    Cabbagetown, Atlanta, GA USA

    Grey all day

  14. #14
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 01 2012
    AZ Member #
    99704
    Location
    Edmonton

    Personally I like the black rims, something a lil bit special as CA can order them US can't. Plus in my opinion they look better on a nardo grey car if you have black mirror caps I'd end up painting the roof black like Nuccadoc did.
    2018 RS3 Panther Black

  15. #15
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Oct 14 2017
    AZ Member #
    408407
    Location
    Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by Potatohead_RS3 View Post
    Black





    Agree with both of you which is why this is tough, lol. On just about any other color I would go with grey.



    Where do you live? If you're local I would have to go black! Haha
    lol I'm over in peg city, so no worries there! There's actually an identical spec car to mine in the city but it has the tech package where mine does not... but with only about 5 or 6 in the city I think I can live with it :P

  16. #16
    Senior Member Three Rings Nuccadoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 18 2012
    AZ Member #
    95446
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta

    black for sure! And yeah, do your roof as well!
    2018 RS3 | Catalyna Red | DSG | Sport Exhaust | Red Callipers | Black Optics | Black Rotor Wheels | 30% tint | Opticoat Pro+ | Suntek Wrap

  17. #17
    Veteran Member Four Rings John P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 23 2010
    AZ Member #
    64781
    Location
    SoCal

    Black
    John P.
    five_cyl on Instagram <-- link
    -2018 Audi RS3 (Delivered August 3, 2017)
    -2011 Audi S5 (Gone)
    -2001 Audi TT (Gone)

  18. #18
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Mar 31 2017
    AZ Member #
    396743
    My Garage
    16 A3, 16 Q3, 97 968
    Location
    North Jersey, Local 1212

    Black for sure

  19. #19
    Established Member Two Rings big residual's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 30 2014
    AZ Member #
    167887
    Location
    Seattle, WA

    Totally black.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2017 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.