Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Awe touring or track exhaust

Thinking of going with awe track cat back exhaust. What is the difference between touring and track models? Guys with the track exhaust how do you like?

Senior Member Four Rings fitzydude's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

1. Buy touring exhaust.
    2. Install eletric cutouts before rear mufflers
    3. Flip switch
    4. Profit!!!

Best of both worlds situation, sounds like touring exhaust normally and sounds like track exhaust when you want it to

2010 S4 / 6MT / 034 RSWB & Motor Mounts / AMS Cooling / EC Alu Kreuz & inserts / B12 suspension / CTS SC & JHM OD Pulley (PR:3.139) / JHM STS & Stg 4 clutch / Magnaflow w/cutouts / RS-51 / Roc-Euro / USP clutch line / Chipwerke 3-1 / Revo EPL Revo

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by fitzydude View Post
    1. Buy touring exhaust.
    2. Install eletric cutouts before rear mufflers
    3. Flip switch
    4. Profit!!!

Best of both worlds situation, sounds like touring exhaust normally and sounds like track exhaust when you want it to

Wow! I think I want to do this. How did you run wires from the cutouts to inside the cabin?
    2013 S5 6MT Phantom Black Pearl, Unitronics Stage 2+, AWE Touring /w res downpipes, KW V1, Eurocode Intake

Senior Member Four Rings fitzydude's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Tangerined View Post
    Wow! I think I want to do this. How did you run wires from the cutouts to inside the cabin?
    Yeah you just run the switch inside the cabin
    2010 S4 / 6MT / 034 RSWB & Motor Mounts / AMS Cooling / EC Alu Kreuz & inserts / B12 suspension / CTS SC & JHM OD Pulley (PR:3.139) / JHM STS & Stg 4 clutch / Magnaflow w/cutouts / RS-51 / Roc-Euro / USP clutch line / Chipwerke 3-1 / Revo EPL Revo

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by fitzydude View Post
    Yeah you just run the switch inside the cabin
    But how? Like which path did the wires take?
    2013 S5 6MT Phantom Black Pearl, Unitronics Stage 2+, AWE Touring /w res downpipes, KW V1, Eurocode Intake

Active Member Two Rings ndirish1994's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I've had my track exhaust on since August, I like it. If you have sensitive ears the drone might be a problem for you, but I do a lot of highway driving and it hasn't bothered me too much.
    2013 S4 / Glacier White / Black Alcantara / DSG / B&O/ Sports Diff / APR Stage 2 / APR CPS / CTS Intake / AWE Track

Sold: 2004 S4

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B8 S4, Orange B5 Avant

I have track I'm not a huge fan of it but I also have non res downpipes. I don't have sensitive ears its just being honest the 3.0t doesn't sound that great. Tourings I've heard sound good and a much less rasp noise.

If I were to do it over I would get something valved or resonated.
    2011 S4 6mt Black/ Magma/ Carbon
    Rotiform | BBS | AWE | P3 | Roc Euro | PLM | Eurocode Sways | Apr stage 2 | H&R sport | Q5 ECS wave kit matching rears | CR15 |
    Eurocode AK | Eurocode inserts | 034 subframe inserts | Ecodes

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings ModdedEuros's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I would go with touring if you are going to at some point do downpipes. You can always down the line convert touring to track

Feel free to let us know if you have any questions.

We carry all of the AWE systems in our warehouse
    https://www.moddedeuros.com/audi/s4/...haust/cat-back

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B8 S4, Orange B5 Avant

Quote Originally Posted by ModdedEuros View Post
    I would go with touring if you are going to at some point do downpipes. You can always down the line convert touring to track

Feel free to let us know if you have any questions.

We carry all of the AWE systems in our warehouse
    https://www.moddedeuros.com/audi/s4/...haust/cat-back
    How much is the conversion from track to touring? I've heard so many differnt people say different numbers
    2011 S4 6mt Black/ Magma/ Carbon
    Rotiform | BBS | AWE | P3 | Roc Euro | PLM | Eurocode Sways | Apr stage 2 | H&R sport | Q5 ECS wave kit matching rears | CR15 |
    Eurocode AK | Eurocode inserts | 034 subframe inserts | Ecodes

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings ModdedEuros's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by tar View Post
    How much is the conversion from track to touring? I've heard so many differnt people say different numbers
    If you want just drop us an email to support@moddedeuros.com or PM us your email and I can email over a quote shipped

Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Four Rings Excelerate Rep's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi's

I am an advocate of the Touring Edition personally. The Track edition has a higher pitched tone to it and can carry some rasp qualities that you may or may not be a fan of. The drone is a different story and if you are sensitive ears the touring should be your starting point. You can either make it louder or quieter inside/outside pending your tolerance post installation.

Resonated Touring Sounds like a refined GTR... its awesome.

We also carry the fully line here.

Thanks,

Greg

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tar View Post
    Feel free to shoot me a PM.

AZ Member #

I love my Touring exhaust with stock DP. Maybe I'm getting old but it sounds just right to me. I wouldn't want anything louder.

Established Member Three Rings Game's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Had the track and took it off after a week due to highway drone. I do alot of commuting so I just couldn't take it for the 90 mins i drive daily.

Months later I found a touring exhaust and loving it. Perfect combo of quiet/loud.

(No DP's on either setup)
    2013 Phantom Black Pearl S5 - 6MT -- Sports Diff, B&O, MMI
    Current mods: KW V2 coilovers, AWE touring exhaust, ECS Luft-Technik intake, replica RS5 grill, Enlaes CF rear spoiler, 15% Pinnacle ceramic tint.

Past - 07 E92 335i - 6 MT

Senior Member Three Rings Spoorguy's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I have track, Iíll second what most people are saying...go touring. I also happen to have the non res DPs as well so itís pretty loud. Sounds good in a tunnel and from outside the car, but drone is kind of annoying. Swapping to touring rear section soon and leaving the DPs as is
    2002 B5 S4 (Sedan), GIAC stage 1, vinyl wrapped dark gloss grey - SOLD
    2010 B8 S4 - Unitronic Stage 2+, Injen intake, H&R coilovers, AWE track w/non res DPs

Veteran Member Four Rings KRp220's Avatar
    AZ Member #

i've had both (and the touring twice, for a reason)

track sounds great at lower RPMs and has a little more burble than the touring at time, but the drone is pretty substantial with the track. its one of those things where its not a big deal when you are alone, but as soon as someone else is in the car and you try to have a conversation, you notice it way more

go touring, then non res DP's if you're still looking for more sound

(especially if you are DSG)
    CURRENT 2013 S4 // ESTORIL BLUE // 6MT // RS BUMPER // GIAC STG 2+ 3.2 PR // FORGE CC // AWE TOURING // ROC EURO // KW HAS // AK // 034 TRANS MOUNT // NICHE ESSEN 20x10 // SB STAGE 3 CLUTCH // CR 15
    + tints, sports diff, j-codes, Akebono pads, SS clutch line...
    GONE 2010 S4 // QUARTZ GREY // 6MT // GIAC STG2 // AWE TRACK // ROC EURO // 034 TRANS MOUNT // H&R OE's // AG M610 FF 19x8.5 // + random stuff

Veteran Member Four Rings white fish's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    05 allroad

I have touring with res DP on a 6spd

I wouldnt want it much louder at WOT

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Touring w/ Stock Downpipes

Active Member Two Rings The Machine's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Tangerined, I have electronic cutouts on my car from the previous owner. I'm taking them off shortly to put on stock downpipes with the AWE touring exhaust. If you're interested in doing the cutouts I'll sell you mine. I never checked how the wires were run, but I assume the previous owner used a hole that already exists for the wiring harness that goes inside the cabin.

AZ Member #

Installed an AWE Touring and res DP's this morning. Car is a DSG. No drone, loud when pushed hard and quiet when cruising. Just what I wanted. Nice burble. Not quite to V8 standard but no complaints.

Active Member Two Rings tcoshea's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Corradobrit View Post
    Installed an AWE Touring and res DP's this morning. Car is a DSG. No drone, loud when pushed hard and quiet when cruising. Just what I wanted. Nice burble. Not quite to V8 standard but no complaints.
    Ditto...with Stage 2 w/ DSG tune. Anything above 4k is awesome. 6-7k turns heads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 S4 | Moonlight Blue | Premium Plus | DSG | Sport Diff

GIAC Stage 2 | GIAC TCU tune | AWE touring exhaust w/ resonated downpipes | AWE s-flo intake | H&R sway bar (rear only) | AWE Tuning belt, pulley | H&R 10mm Spacers F/R | Alu Kreuz | KW V3 coilovers | Goodridge SS Brake Lines

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I have the touring with resonated downpipes. I'd recommend that route... that way when you continue to mod and your cats ultimately melt and are forced to do test pipes, your car won't scare women and children ever time you do a cold start in the morning, haha :)
    2014 Audi S4, APR Ultra Charger (100 file), APR TCU tune, APR Supercharger Pulley, JHM 187mm Crank Pulley, AWE Touring Exhaust w/ Resonated Downpipes, RocEuro Intake, Tampa Autosports Ceramic Coated Test Pipes, Forge Motorsports Heat Exchanger, 034 Motorsports Trans Mount, H&R OE Sport Springs, Bilstein Sport Shocks/Struts, ECS GEOMET Drilled & Slotted rotors, EBC Redstuff pads, RS4 Style Grille (2.0), ECS Carbon Rear Diffuser, ECS Carbon Front Lip, Carbon Mirror Caps