Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Drive S4 full time or get a commuter???

I just learned my company will be moving out of the city I currently work in to the suburbs to obtain more space. I do around 8k miles/ year right now for my commute, this will be changing to 15,600/ year. I've got 29k miles on my S4 right now (spec in signature) and am wondering what the smart move would be in terms of retaining value and fuel economy. I'm considering the option of getting a second car which would need to be cheap and get good fuel economy. I currently fill up once a week, I would expect this frequency to double which is a downside. Not too happy about the situation in general but I'm trying to find the most logical solution as I obviously want to keep my S4. Thanks for the input!
    14" Phantom black pearl effect, B&O, sports diff, nav, DSG, AWE touring catback.

Senior Member Four Rings fitzydude's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

My commuter is much cheaper to operate and cost about as much as two mods for the S4.. Ka-chow!

2010 S4 / 6MT / 034 RSWB & Motor Mounts / AMS Cooling / EC Alu Kreuz & inserts / B12 suspension / CTS SC & JHM OD Pulley (PR:3.139) / JHM STS & Stg 4 clutch / Magnaflow w/cutouts / RS-51 / Roc-Euro / USP clutch line / Chipwerke 3-1 / Revo EPL Revo

Veteran Member Four Rings bhvrdr's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    997S; Camaro SS; e30 BMW, Toyota FJ

Quote Originally Posted by fitzydude View Post
    My commuter is much cheaper to operate and cost about as much as two mods for the S4.. Ka-chow!

That's an awesome commuter car man. Dead reliable and you can have a ton of fun in that car even going 45 miles per hour haha. I had a 1990 and a 2000.

Mike
    2013 Audi S5 DSG
    Unitronic Stage 2++ ECU & TCU, 189mm/57mm, Revo Charge Cooler, CTS Turbo Intake, ST60 380mm BBK
    11.482 at 118.70mph - 97 octane - +465DA
    11.605 at 118.76mph - 93 octane - +544DA
    Gone:
    2016 A6 -- 2015 S4 -- 2009 A4 -- 2004 S4 -- 2006 A4 -- 2003 A4 -- 2000 A4

Senior Member Four Rings fitzydude's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by bhvrdr View Post
    That's an awesome commuter car man. Dead reliable and you can have a ton of fun in that car even going 45 miles per hour haha. I had a 1990 and a 2000.

Mike
    It's hard to have fun in the Audi without breaking the law!! I have fun in the miata at any speed. I almost like driving it better than the Audi, shhhhh! I'm going to turn it into a dedicated track car soon enough too. I've always had mazdas and the S4 is first time I tried something different.
    2010 S4 / 6MT / 034 RSWB & Motor Mounts / AMS Cooling / EC Alu Kreuz & inserts / B12 suspension / CTS SC & JHM OD Pulley (PR:3.139) / JHM STS & Stg 4 clutch / Magnaflow w/cutouts / RS-51 / Roc-Euro / USP clutch line / Chipwerke 3-1 / Revo EPL Revo

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

You can probably get a cheap Prius for less than 10k. It might not be as fun, but it will be cheaper to drive. The S4 can be daily driven but itíll cost you more to maintain. I did daily driven my S4 but I wish I had gotten a commuter car instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2014 S7 Moonlight Blue Metallic | Bang & Olufsen | Comfort Seating Package | LED headlight | Cold weather package

2014 S4 Premium Plus | ESTORIL BLUE CRYSTAL EFFECT | RIP 2017

Established Member Two Rings wangshuo1989's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I daily drive my s5, I don't get the point of buying a nice car and don't drive it, it will depreciate anyway, just enjoy what you bought. I'll just change to a new car once my S5 starts to give me problems that are expensive to repair.
    2013 S5 Misano Red, DSG, B&O, Sport Diff, MMI+

Veteran Member Three Rings achilleas101's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015AcuraRDX

Quote Originally Posted by wangshuo1989 View Post
    I daily drive my s5, I don't get the point of buying a nice car and don't drive it, it will depreciate anyway, just enjoy what you bought. I'll just change to a new car once my S5 starts to give me problems that are expensive to repair.
    this and
    Quote Originally Posted by tar View Post
    Daily my s4. Life's to short to be sitting in traffic 2 hours a day in a prius or something else lame and uncomfortable. Cars value will tank either way why not enjoy it. Plus s4 really isnt rare or special enough to be a weekend car imo.
    this
    2013 S4 Imola Yellow | Black leather/Silver Alcantara | 6MT | B&O | Sport Diff | Silver 19x8.5 Avant Garde m550 | XPel Ultimate full hood/fenders | Eurocode SS

Gone but not forgotten: 2003 A4 3.0 6MT; 1998 Acura Integra GSR 5spd
    Gone and most likely in a junk yard somewhere: 1990 Toyota Tercel

AZ Member #

Something doesn't add up. if you fill up once a week..you're burning roughly 250 miles a week or 13,000 a year. Work related or not. If 8,000 is work related, then you're enjoying your car an additional 5,000 miles a year at 1 tank a week. Tack that 5k on to your new Work travel of 15,600 and you're looking at 20,000 miles a year. In 5 years that's 100,000 new miles (work + enjoyment) plus the 29k already on it. Fast forward 5 yrs and you'll have an 8 year old car with 130,000 miles on it. Or when it's ten years old...170,000. Unless you plan to sell it and expect decent coin, buy a beater for work. OR, drive it like you own it and hope the new commute has open highway

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by BrianVan View Post
    Something doesn't add up. if you fill up once a week..you're burning roughly 250 miles a week or 13,000 a year. Work related or not. If 8,000 is work related, then you're enjoying your car an additional 5,000 miles a year at 1 tank a week. Tack that 5k on to your new Work travel of 15,600 and you're looking at 20,000 miles a year. In 5 years that's 100,000 new miles (work + enjoyment) plus the 29k already on it. Fast forward 5 yrs and you'll have an 8 year old car with 130,000 miles on it. Or when it's ten years old...170,000. Unless you plan to sell it and expect decent coin, buy a beater for work. OR, drive it like you own it and hope the new commute has open highway
    I get 250 a tank if I drive conservatively and yes I fill up once a week. I bought the car in July with 25k on it. This is where I get really lucky, the quickest route (highway) just went under construction, down to one lane until the end of 18', it would subtract 12 miles a day, but the stop and go will be awful. I'm not going to know which takes less time until the time comes to actually make the drive and time each route. Either route is a highway primarily but after about 15 miles each route turns into a commercial area and stop lights start popping up.
    14" Phantom black pearl effect, B&O, sports diff, nav, DSG, AWE touring catback.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B8 S4, Orange B5 Avant

Daily my s4. Life's to short to be sitting in traffic 2 hours a day in a prius or something else lame and uncomfortable. Cars value will tank either way why not enjoy it. Plus s4 really isnt rare or special enough to be a weekend car imo.
    2011 S4 6mt Black/ Magma/ Carbon
    Rotiform | BBS | AWE | P3 | Roc Euro | PLM | Eurocode Sways | Apr stage 2 | H&R sport | Q5 ECS wave kit matching rears | CR15 |
    Eurocode AK | Eurocode inserts | 034 subframe inserts | Ecodes

Veteran Member Three Rings creativecody's Avatar
    AZ Member #

This.
    2013 S4 | IG: @creativecody

APR Stage 2 ECU & TCU + APR Pulley | Eurocode Intake | AWE Touring Exhaust | Bilstein PSS10 Coilovers | Eurocode Alu Kreuz, Front/Rear Sways, Front/Rear Endlinks | Eurocode Transmission & Differential Mounts | SPC Control Arms | Stoptech BBK 380mm (front), Stoptech Rotors/Pads (rear), SS Lines | HRE FF01 19x9.5 et45 | Michelin PSS 265/35/19 | ECS Carbon Fiber

AZ Member #

Amen! My commute comes out to 24,000 miles a year

My B7 S4 was getting around 20mpg so that was starting to hurt. It didn't have creature comforts like Bluetooth and Sirius (could never get it to work). I recently bought a B8.5 and am dailying it, getting around 24-27mpg combined city/highway on the drive so its saving some gas, but not nearly enough to make a difference in the payment and insurance.

I often consider a Prius or something equally as lame, and financially it would probably make sense. However, the joy of commuting in a "nice" car, and the ability to shred the on-ramps and have fun on my lunch break outweigh the monetary ramifications. Life is short, I can always make more money.

Plus, my parents would be extremely disappointed if they raised a young man that bought a Prius.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Blue S4 View Post
    Amen! My commute comes out to 24,000 miles a year

My B7 S4 was getting around 20mpg so that was starting to hurt. It didn't have creature comforts like Bluetooth and Sirius (could never get it to work). I recently bought a B8.5 and am dailying it, getting around 24-27mpg combined city/highway on the drive so its saving some gas, but not nearly enough to make a difference in the payment and insurance.

I often consider a Prius or something equally as lame, and financially it would probably make sense. However, the joy of commuting in a "nice" car, and the ability to shred the on-ramps and have fun on my lunch break outweigh the monetary ramifications. Life is short, I can always make more money.

Plus, my parents would be extremely disappointed if they raised a young man that bought a Prius.
    Yea I couldn't do a prius, ever.

AZ Member #

I bought my S4 to be my daily driver. 15k Miles /year is not going to kill the car any time soon. Plus these are not some special limited edition model that is ever going to appreciate. Keep driving it and enjoying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current: 2014 S4
    Sold: 2008 911
    Sold: B6 S4
    Sold: B5 S4
    Sold: B5 A4

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by mcjim View Post
    I bought my S4 to be my daily driver. 15k Miles /year is not going to kill the car any time soon. Plus these are not some special limited edition model that is ever going to appreciate. Keep driving it and enjoying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm mostly concerned about resale or trade in value, I'm planning to keep the car for 3 years. I figured I would have around 55k at the very most on it in 3 years, now it's looking like 75k. I also figure an oil change every 5k miles, filling up much more frequently, and other maintenance will make for more expenses.

Veteran Member Four Rings MrFunk's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 Audi S4. 2017 Mini CMS JCW. 2016 Yamaha Z 125. 2007' Honda S2000

Quote Originally Posted by catalyst686 View Post
    I'm mostly concerned about resale or trade in value, I'm planning to keep the car for 3 years. I figured I would have around 55k at the very most on it in 3 years, now it's looking like 75k. I also figure an oil change every 5k miles, filling up much more frequently, and other maintenance will make for more expenses.
    The difference between a 55k car and a 75k car when trading in will be minimal if anything. Private sale maybe you'll see a 2k difference in asking price.
    The blackbook value on my car with 1k miles on it right now is 30k. With 40k miles on it the blackbook value is 29k. LOL...
    You'd in fact be up side down getting a second car and it would be all for nothing. Even factoring in the oil changes and gas and maintenance "savings" on the S4 vs whatever else you got you'd still be up side down. Waste of time and waste of a great car sitting in your garage.

Thread
    12' Prestige S4 + 6MT - Original Owner
    GIAC stg II v2 + AWE Pulley + Alpha Boost Cooler + Meisterwerk Shrt Shifter + AWE Cat-Back + S-Flow Intake & AFE Filter + H&R Front & Rear Sways + USS End Links + H&R OE Springs & Bilstein B8 Sprt Dampeners + Alu-Kreuz + CR-15 Upper Strut Brace + Ceramic Pads & 2-Piece Drilled/Slotted Rotors & SS Lines + Apikol Diff Mnt + 034 Trans Mnt Insert + ECS Diff Inserts

Established Member Two Rings thebigwawa's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2010 S4: 20" S6 wheels, satin black wrap, RS4 grille, AWE Touring, Deval CF Diffuser, 404 HP tuned

I bought my B8 S4 just over four years ago knowing that I'd drive about 25k miles a year. And I was worried about the same thing. In that time I had a couple beaters (Nissan Xterra most recently) on which I planned to rack up the work miles. The problem was, I hated driving the other cars and I missed my S4. I thought I was saving it somehow.
    Even though the roads suck here in Chicago, I'm so happy I got rid of the Xterra. I love being in the S4 all day! It's been paid off for a few years now, and I don't plan on selling it ever, so that may factor into my thinking too.
    Plus, I got a C7 S6 earlier this year. So now the S4 is my work car and I drive the S6 for even more fun.
    I say drive the hell out of the car you love!

'13 S6 Prestige | Revo Stage 1 | AWE Track Exhaust, Black Tips | Metallic Grey Satin Wrap | RS6 bumper and grille | 20" OEM Parabolic Wheels | ECS 10mm Spacers | EuroCode Sway Bars | APR CPS | Revo Air Intake
    '10 S4 Prestige | lltek 404 HP Tune | Satin Black wrap | Caractere Bumper| RS Quattro Grille | 20" S6 wheels | AWE Touring Exhaust | Deval CF Diffuser | AWE Air Intake

Sold:
    2013 A6 Prestige, 2009 370Z, 2007 S8, 2008 A4 S-Line, 2003 RS6, 2002 S8, 2001 A8, 2001 A6, 1994 S4, 1996 A6

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by thebigwawa View Post
    I bought my B8 S4 just over four years ago knowing that I'd drive about 25k miles a year. And I was worried about the same thing. In that time I had a couple beaters (Nissan Xterra most recently) on which I planned to rack up the work miles. The problem was, I hated driving the other cars and I missed my S4. I thought I was saving it somehow.
    Even though the roads suck here in Chicago, I'm so happy I got rid of the Xterra. I love being in the S4 all day! It's been paid off for a few years now, and I don't plan on selling it ever, so that may factor into my thinking too.
    Plus, I got a C7 S6 earlier this year. So now the S4 is my work car and I drive the S6 for even more fun.
    I say drive the hell out of the car you love!

Good god that's a lot of driving time man!

Established Member Two Rings thebigwawa's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2010 S4: 20" S6 wheels, satin black wrap, RS4 grille, AWE Touring, Deval CF Diffuser, 404 HP tuned

Good god that's a lot of driving time man!
    You're not kidding! So with that much time in a car, I'd much rather spend it in a car I love!

'13 S6 Prestige | Revo Stage 1 | AWE Track Exhaust, Black Tips | Metallic Grey Satin Wrap | RS6 bumper and grille | 20" OEM Parabolic Wheels | ECS 10mm Spacers | EuroCode Sway Bars | APR CPS | Revo Air Intake
    '10 S4 Prestige | lltek 404 HP Tune | Satin Black wrap | Caractere Bumper| RS Quattro Grille | 20" S6 wheels | AWE Touring Exhaust | Deval CF Diffuser | AWE Air Intake

Sold:
    2013 A6 Prestige, 2009 370Z, 2007 S8, 2008 A4 S-Line, 2003 RS6, 2002 S8, 2001 A8, 2001 A6, 1994 S4, 1996 A6

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1987 Dodge Ram, 2003 Dodge Ram,

Bought my S4, just because I wanted something different. Intended on keeping the mustang as a DD, but had way to much fun DD the s4 and ended up selling the mustang 6 months later. Racked up about 30k miles in a year.
    Since then, I have stage 2+ and bagged the car. I keep it for pleasure mostly now, but still drive it 2/3rd of the time.

Plus it's nice to be able to sit at the office and see an s4 over another beater/dd.
    2011 S4 | Phantom Pearl Black | Unitronic Stage 2+ ECU & TCU | Roc-Euro Intake | Airlift 3P Air Ride | ECS Drivetrain mounts, Skid Plate, Boost Gauge, and Carbon Wing | Strafe Design Aero Splitters and Diffuser | 20% Tint | RS4 Grill

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Bought my S4 july 2016 with 16kmi on it, just turned 65k this morning.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Stwaven View Post
    Bought my S4 july 2016 with 16kmi on it, just turned 65k this morning.
    Holy shit man that's insane!
    Have you ran into any reliability issues? DSG?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fstr n u View Post
    Buying a second car will net you insurance, maintenance, registration/licensing costs that would be difficult to rationalize. My vote would be to use your Audi as a daily driver and enjoy it. Hard to save money buy purchasing s second car when all factors have been considered.
    Kinda what I'm leaning towards.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Holy shit man that's insane!
    Have you ran into any reliability issues? DSG?
    6MT and 0 reliability issues. My last b8 I put 30kmi on in about 8 months, including a cross country road trip which was 10kmi itself and also had 0 issues. Also a 6MT

AZ Member #

Buying a second car will net you insurance, maintenance, registration/licensing costs that would be difficult to rationalize. My vote would be to use your Audi as a daily driver and enjoy it. Hard to save money buy purchasing s second car when all factors have been considered.
    2015 Audi S4 6MT Glacier White w Black Interior
    2016 Audi SQ5 Technik Glacier White w Black/Red Interior
    1998 Chev Camaro LS2 Rear mount Turbon (710+hp/710+rwtq @ 14# boost at the wheels)
    2010 Audi S5 Coupe 6MT, Daytona Grey/Magma Red Interior - SOLD
    2010 Jeep SRT8 - SOLD
    ​​​​​​​2006 BMW E46 M3 Coupe 6MT - SOLD
    2009 Infiniti G37XS Sedan - SOLD
    2011 Volvo XC70 T6 & S60 T6 - SOLD
    2004 Audi S4 V8 Sedan - SOLD
    2002 Acura TL Type S - SOLD

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by fstr n u View Post
    This x 1000.
    2011 Phantom Black S4 | S-Tronic | P+ | Nav | Sports Differential | Titanium Package | Silk Nappa

Veteran Member Four Rings superswiss's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I never much saw the point of having a car that spends most of the time depreciating away in a garage, unless you are a rare exotic car collector who simply owns cars to show them off and sell them at a profit. We do have a second car, it's my wife's car and she only drives about 3000 miles a year. It's worth it to me, because my car is MY car . However, I have to do maintenance on her car just for sitting around most of the time. I had to change tires that were still barely used, because the rubber was past its prime time. Low mileage cars need service anyway, because the fluids degrade even if they are not driven. There are plastic and rubber parts that get brittle unless they are used regularly and the drivetrain components are much happier if they have hot fluids coursing through them. In other words, cars are built to be driven, not to sit around. As opposed to wine, most cars don't get better with age. If you add everything up, a second car just ends up being an additional expense and not really saving any money. Insurance, registration, maintenance etc for the second car is just added to all the same expenses of the first car and your S4's warranty will not be extended. I'm a big believer of driving a car, so that the weak parts fail while still under warranty. If you don't drive the car enough, then chances are stuff starts to fail once you are out of warranty instead of while you are still under warranty.
    '13 panther blk RS5, Ti pkg, blk leather/alcantara, nav pkg, sport exhaust, driver assist pkg, rear shade, alu kreuz, ECS spacers 15f/10r, ECS tru-float rotors, ECS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, european delivery
    '07 phantom blk S4, blk leather, 6mt, conv pkg, audio pkg, heated front&rear seats, bluetooth, nav plus, parktronic, DTM pkg, carbon trim, TPMS, rear&side shades (sold)

Veteran Member Four Rings MrFunk's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 Audi S4. 2017 Mini CMS JCW. 2016 Yamaha Z 125. 2007' Honda S2000

Just drive it and enjoy it. It's not some exotic.
    Or - drive a shit box instead and preserve it for the next owner.
    12' Prestige S4 + 6MT - Original Owner
    GIAC stg II v2 + AWE Pulley + Alpha Boost Cooler + Meisterwerk Shrt Shifter + AWE Cat-Back + S-Flow Intake & AFE Filter + H&R Front & Rear Sways + USS End Links + H&R OE Springs & Bilstein B8 Sprt Dampeners + Alu-Kreuz + CR-15 Upper Strut Brace + Ceramic Pads & 2-Piece Drilled/Slotted Rotors & SS Lines + Apikol Diff Mnt + 034 Trans Mnt Insert + ECS Diff Inserts

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    TV and a sofa

Quote Originally Posted by MrFunk View Post
    Just drive it and enjoy it. It's not some exotic.
    Or - drive a shit box instead and preserve it for the next owner.
    This.. enjoy the car man.. if it was a r8 or something then garage queen it .. but itís really up to you at the end of the day. I daily the s6 because thatís what these cars are made for.. comfortable driving experience with a bit of sport on the side
    C7.5 S6 P+ Mythos Black
    11.081@122.59 100oct Stage 2 100 File
    11.284@121.29 100oct Stage 1 93 File
    Best Trap
    11.428@124.94 100oct Stage 2
    APR Tuned Stage 2 ECU/TCU | Roc Euro | Catless Downpipes | Milltek Resonated
    Previous
    B8 S4 11.978@117.71 93/e85 93 map - Unitronic Stage 2 B8 S4 6MT

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

You sir should be banned!

Obvious solutions is to go in there and quit your job! or ask if you can work from home one day because you will be much more efficient.

Now to the numbers

In 3 years your car will be worth about $3,500 less with the additional mileage.

Add the add'l maint./gas required for a higher end sporty car for those add'l 22K miles and then deduct:

Insurance, maintenance, registration/licensing, depreciation costs for second vehicle

This will give you a net number, now is that net number worth it? Also remember your banking nothing catastrophic will happen to your commuter car.

Like fstr n u stated, I don't see how it will be worth it

Senior Member Three Rings FREEZE451's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 S4

Daily drive mine, am on board with wangshou
    2014 S4 | 6MT | Phantom Black | Alcantara | Sport Diff | Atlas Inlays | CR-15 | RS4 Grill

1988 80 - SOLD
    1990 90 - SOLD
    2000 A4 - SOLD
    2006 A4 - SOLD
    2008 A4 - SOLD
    2011 A4 - SOLD

BUILD THREAD

Veteran Member Four Rings cspcrx's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2009 Tacoma, 2007 Harley Softail, 1986 Honda CRX

Itís my Daily Driver, as stated above itís not some type of exotic supercar.
    2012 Ibis P+ / DSG / Silk Napa / B&O / Sport Diff. / ADS lite / MMI & Nav / APR Stage 2 & TCU Tuned / ECS Kohlefaser Luft-Technik Intake / AMS Alpha Cooler / ECS 2-Piece Rotors / Akebono Pads / VMR 803 19x9.5 ET45 265-35-19 PSS / ECS Drivetrain Bushing Inserts / CR-15

THEN THEN THEN Rinse & Repeat!

Veteran Member Four Rings stereojorge's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 Audi S4 P+ DSG, 2014 Audi Q5 P+ Quattro

Drive S4 full time or get a commuter???

I daily drive the A4 Avant and leave the Red beauty for the weekends and car meets Feel great to not be adding all the miles! 275,000 miles on the Avant, running fantastic!

Ď14 Misano Red S4 DSG/ APR Stage II ECU + TCU/ Sport Diff/ Full LED Lighting/ TAS Charge Chamber Intake/ KW V1 Coilovers/ EuroCode Sway Bars & AluKreuz/ 034 Trans Mount/ Apikol Rear Diff Mount/ ECS Rear Diff Carrier Mounts/ AWE Track Exhaust with 102mm Tips + AWE Non-Res Downpipes/ RS Grille/ TSW Bathurst 19" x 9.5"/ Michelin PSS/ StopTech Drilled Rotors/ Akebono Euro Ceramic Pads/ StopTech SS Lines

Also: 2014 Q5 P+ Quattro | 2003 A4 Avant Quattro 6MT

Previous: 2010 S4 P+ | 2008 A4 S-Line

Senior Member Three Rings Krusty's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by stereojorge View Post
    I daily drive the A4 Avant and leave the Red beauty for the weekends and car meets Feel great to not be adding all the miles! 275,000 miles on the Avant, running fantastic!

Holy shit! 275K on the avant, that's nuts. Congrats!

OP. Drive it, it is not a supercar like others have mentioned, better enjoy it, you never know what the future holds.
    2011 sprint blue s4, EC subframe stabilizer, ECS short shifter, Euro Impulse weighted shift knob, custom air intake, RS grille, CR-15, 034 rear diff mounts/rear diff carrier mount inserts, Apikol rear diff mount insert, 10mm(f)/12mm(r), ECS strut tower brace, ECS front adjustable end links.

Senior Member Two Rings HedonismBot's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I vote to stick with the S4 as a daily for the myriad of reasons already stated.
    PRESENT:2014 S4 - Ice Silver - Technik - 6MT - Sport Differential
    PAST: 2001 A4 1.8TQ - Santorin Blue - Sports Pkg - 5MT - APR stg1

AZ Member #

Shoot my wife daily drives her rs5, and that's mildly exotic. Your depreciation expense will be spent on your beater. So unless you find a beater that has the same appeal/pleasure as your S4, you'll just compromise on the intangible joy of driving.

Senior Member Three Rings Audi403's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Lol ...daily.

Senior Member Two Rings inception's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Q5 3.0T

Enjoy your car buddy. I daily drive my car and then some. That is why we buy it.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Audizine mobile app
    2014 A4 S-Line Quattro,
    APR K04 E85 with 034 motorsports HFC and Custom dual exhaust with european TDI rear valence

AZ Member #

Lol, the S4 is literally one of the best DD out there; fast, handles well, practical enough, decent on gas, confortable, torquey, reliable for what it is. What more could you want? Weíre not talking about some hardcore sports car that beats you up in traffic or some exotic that is shooting up in value. Iím racking the miles up in my S4 and loving it.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Love the S4 as a daily, but my commute isn't as long as yours. I do ride my Harley half the time to keep the mileage down, but that's more fun than a beater car.

Active Member Two Rings benburgess's Avatar
    AZ Member #

why did people jump straight to prius'... ugh... there's way better (looking and feeling) fuel efficient cars.

I enjoy every second in my car daily. I agree I don't think this car is on the level of needing a commuter, unless you're trying REALLY hard to preserve the value or dropping boat loads into mods for something official like track usage.
    2014 B8.5 S4 P+ 6MT Monsoon Grey
    Avant Garde M590 19x9 | Sport Differential | B&O | MMI Nav | Roc-Euro Intake | Madico Black Pearl 35%