Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran Member Four Rings MrFunk's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 Audi S4. 2017 Mini CMS JCW. 2016 Yamaha Z 125. 2007' Honda S2000

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by catalyst686 View Post
    I'm mostly concerned about resale or trade in value, I'm planning to keep the car for 3 years. I figured I would have around 55k at the very most on it in 3 years, now it's looking like 75k. I also figure an oil change every 5k miles, filling up much more frequently, and other maintenance will make for more expenses.
    The difference between a 55k car and a 75k car when trading in will be minimal if anything. Private sale maybe you'll see a 2k difference in asking price.
    The blackbook value on my car with 1k miles on it right now is 30k. With 40k miles on it the blackbook value is 29k. LOL...
    You'd in fact be up side down getting a second car and it would be all for nothing. Even factoring in the oil changes and gas and maintenance "savings" on the S4 vs whatever else you got you'd still be up side down. Waste of time and waste of a great car sitting in your garage.

Thread
    12' Prestige S4 + 6MT - Original Owner
    GIAC stg II v2 + AWE Pulley + Alpha Boost Cooler + Meisterwerk Shrt Shifter + AWE Cat-Back + S-Flow Intake & AFE Filter + H&R Front & Rear Sways + USS End Links + H&R OE Springs & Bilstein B8 Sprt Dampeners + Alu-Kreuz + CR-15 Upper Strut Brace + Ceramic Pads & 2-Piece Drilled/Slotted Rotors & SS Lines + Apikol Diff Mnt + 034 Trans Mnt Insert + ECS Diff Inserts

Senior Member Three Rings Senseless's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Maybe if you were doing 25K plus a year, the second car would be a good option. My choice would be the redesigned Accord Hybrid or Camry Hybrid, fully loaded. 47mpg would be nice and those are nice choices for commuting.
    2012 S4- 6MT, Sport Diff, MMI Nav, B&O, Phantom Black, Red Silk Nappa, Adv Key. USP SS clutch line, sport shifter.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1993 Taurus SHO, 2011 Ford Flex EcoBoost, 2003 Ford Escape, 11HP Murray mower

Drive it! My '05 A8L is my daily and I have a round trip commute of ~90 miles, much of it in traffic. If I have to sit in traffic, it may as well be in a wonderful machine! 190k on it and loving every minute of it!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Veteran Member Three Rings achilleas101's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015AcuraRDX

Quote Originally Posted by wangshuo1989 View Post
    I daily drive my s5, I don't get the point of buying a nice car and don't drive it, it will depreciate anyway, just enjoy what you bought. I'll just change to a new car once my S5 starts to give me problems that are expensive to repair.
    this and
    Quote Originally Posted by tar View Post
    Daily my s4. Life's to short to be sitting in traffic 2 hours a day in a prius or something else lame and uncomfortable. Cars value will tank either way why not enjoy it. Plus s4 really isnt rare or special enough to be a weekend car imo.
    this
    2013 S4 Imola Yellow | Black leather/Silver Alcantara | 6MT | B&O | Sport Diff | Silver 19x8.5 Avant Garde m550 | XPel Ultimate full hood/fenders | Eurocode SS

Gone but not forgotten: 2003 A4 3.0 6MT; 1998 Acura Integra GSR 5spd
    Gone and most likely in a junk yard somewhere: 1990 Toyota Tercel

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I️ mean an S4 is an A4(which is a daily car) on steroids.

These cars are designed to be daily driven so go ahead and drive it! Whatís the point of buying a car to let it sit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2011 Audi S5
    (GONE) 2011 Audi A5 2.0T [APR STAGE 2] [034 MotorSports HFC]

Established Member Two Rings VtotheJ's Avatar
    AZ Member #

To put it in perspective, I DD'd a hooptie for 8 years, my college car... 1998 Integra. Thing had a lot of issues and almost stranded me twice. After uprgading to the S4 I can't look back. And you won't want to either. Also seeing that you are in a snowy state, the S4 would fit the bill perfectly. No point in getting an extra car with added insurance and registration costs.

Senior Member Four Rings The Fat Kid's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Do not let rain/snow/ice/salt come in contact with the S4!

Commute on a scooter:

Senior Member Three Rings MS203's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '15 S4

OP -- I was in a similar situation to you when I moved from Connecticut to California. My commute is 70mi round trip so thats ~19k miles per year.

I debated for a while on getting a second car, but I ultimately came to the following conclusion. I was either going to be miserable in a cheap daily 5 days out of the week, or happy in my S4. I chose to continue to daily my S4 even with the long commute and it was a great decision. I look forward to driving to work and back each day because of the car itself. I would dread waking up at 6am to get in a average car.

Further, I knew if I bought a daily that would make my S4 the "weekend car". The S4 is a *perfect* daily, but no weekend car. Need something crazy fast (and way less practical) to fill that shoe. Consider these points on top of the fact that you would need to throw down some $$$ for the new car and all its legal requirements (insurance, registration, etc.). Hopefully this helps you make up your mind.
    ĖMatt

2015 S4: Brilliant Black, hardwired V1, Roc Euro intake, H&R Street Coilovers, CR-15, SPC Adjustable Upper Control Arms, 034 Rear Sway Bar w/ Moog Endlinks, 034 Rear Subframe Mount Inserts, AG M510's 19x9.5 on Michelin PS4S (255/35/19), AWE Track w/ 102mm diamond black tips, Chipwerke Pro-S.

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

I would get a 2nd car with good mileage, like a Toyota Corolla/Honda Civic

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Maybe try a motorcycle? My S4 just sits in the garage unless I need to haul something bigger.

I got a Ninja 300 as my commuter now, upgrading to a ZX6R at the end of the month though.

Senior Member Two Rings jhoward's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Smiles per gallon

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Established Member Two Rings DufraineMK6's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 Monsoon S4 6MT

Get a 🛵

14 S4 6MT - Sport Diff / H&R Street Performance Coilovers / CW Pro Stage 2 (6-1) 93/E85 Mix / JHM 179mm Crank Pulley (1300mm 7 Rib Belt) / ECS Tuning Flush Kit 10mm F & 12.5mm R / 034 Motorsports Intake Tube W/ AFE Pro Dry Filter / USP Stainless Steel Clutch Line / AWE Touring 102mm Stock Downpipes / Eurocode Trans Mount

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Pro Street 1970 Oldsmobile 442 W-30

S4 is my daily car so I donít drive my other car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Established Member Two Rings ThorMjolnir's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I daily drive my 2013 S4. While it isnít a limited or valuable car... it is special to me. I commute roughly 100 miles a day and Iíve spent years in DD civics, Subaruís, etc... except now with the S4 ... I love commenting so much more! I take back roads more often just to have fun! I say if you have any S series cars... drive me till they donít drive anymore.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I DD my Stage 2 DP S4 and it's amazing.