Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Four Rings itsmatt33's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Disappointed with mid year facelift -Q3

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Earlier this year I pulled the trigger on a new q3. I made the decision to wait until the 2018 models were released so as to get any and all facelift benefits. So far I've been nothing but happy with the car, however I noticed that one month after I purchased, Audi decided to add a "mini" facelift as far as the lights go. As I understand it, the lights have had three different revisions on this platform alone and I have the early 2018 version with the led drl in the middle of the headlight housing as opposed to the full LED headlights. I also noticed that Audi has gone back and fourth with the dynamic taillights.

I know all cars are subject to facelifts but to be mid year and only as far as lights go? This is pretty frustrating and I would have waited the extra month had I known audi was going to change the lights a 3rd time on the same body style. Can anything be done for me?
    GTX2867r Audi a4 b6 TQM RECARO|HRE|ER|IE|APR|AWE|034
    build page here
    IG: @matthewee

Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by itsmatt33 View Post
    Earlier this year I pulled the trigger on a new q3. I made the decision to wait until the 2018 models were released so as to get any and all facelift benefits. So far I've been nothing but happy with the car, however I noticed that one month after I purchased, Audi decided to add a "mini" facelift as far as the lights go. As I understand it, the lights have had three different revisions on this platform alone and I have the early 2018 version with the led drl in the middle of the headlight housing as opposed to the full LED headlights. I also noticed that Audi has gone back and fourth with the dynamic taillights.

I know all cars are subject to facelifts but to be mid year and only as far as lights go? This is pretty frustrating and I would have waited the extra month had I known audi was going to change the lights a 3rd time on the same body style. Can anything be done for me?
    Hello Matt,

I can let you know that we are constantly making changes and updates to our vehicles and model lineup from model year to model year and sometimes in between them. Some of these changes are more "behind the scenes" and others such as the updates you are referring to can be based more apparent as they are design related. We are certainly able to up a case here at Audi of America and make sure this entire interaction is formally documented as well as passing your feedback/disappointment to the proper channels for future considerations.

In terms of a modification or similar resolution that is not something that Audi can support from the manufacturing perspective. Of course, you are always able to speak with your certified dealership to determine if they have any additional perspective on the matter. If you'd like to send me a PM with your contact information and VIN I can start the process for you.

Thank you,
    Last edited by Audi USA; 11-14-2017 at 09:05 AM.
    Vincenzo F.

Audi Social Community Manager

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

PM sent
    build page here

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Audi USA View Post
    Hello Matt,

I can let you know that we are constantly making changes and updates to our vehicles and model lineup from model year to model year and sometimes in between them. Some of these changes are more "behind the scenes" and others such as the updates you are referring to can be based more apparent as they are design related. We are certainly able to up a case here at Audi of America and make sure this entire interaction is formally documented as well as passing your feedback/disappointment to the proper channels for future considerations.

In terms of a modification or similar resolution that is not something that Audi can support from the manufacturing perspective. Of course, you are always able to speak with your certified dealership to determine if they have any additional perspective on the matter. If you'd like to send me a PM with your contact information and VIN I can start the process for you.

Thank you,
    I noticed you edited your comment to reflect something different than what you said before nevertheless PM sent.
    build page here

Active Member One Ring rgobantes23's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Full LED lights are still available for 2018 models. Audi USA's website lists full LED lights as standard on 2018 Audi Q3 Premium Plus models.
    Former/Current/Future Audi Vehicle
    2017 Audi Q3 Prestige with Sport Package, Monsoon, Gray Metallic and Black Interior
    2018 Audi SQ5 Prestige with S-Package, DAP, Dynamic Steering, Fine Nappa Leather, Monsoon Gray Metallic and Black Interior

Senior Member Three Rings audrobotic's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Come on. Be real. Sure this can be frustrating - to feel like you’re missing out, but what do you want from Audi - an apology?
    Current: 2013 A4 | Past: 2010 A4

Senior Member Four Rings q5 dave's Avatar
    AZ Member #

They haven't gone back and forth.... full LED lighting and dynamic rear indicators have been a standard feature on the upper trim Q3 (for both MY17+MY18).

You want a handout because you bought the base trim level?
    2013 Q5 3.0T Phantom Black
    2013 A8L 4.0T Phantom Black

IG @q5ds

Veteran Member Four Rings JoshDub's Avatar
    AZ Member #

No matter when you buy, the next update is just around the corner. Stop acting so entitled and either upgrade them yourself or get over it.
    The Awesome™

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Sorry, I should have mentioned this was purchased as advertised premium plus. And based on my research it was not a standard feature until a couple months into the 2018 being sold. I have reached out to my sales rep to figure out what happened. But I do appreciate how quick Audi USA was to respond.

I am not upset that the car was facelifted, I guess I am more concerned with it now being a standard option when it may not have been when I purchased (which was maybe a few weeks before it became standard) and if that is not true that my sales rep failed to inform me. Attempting to get to the bottom of this.
    Last edited by itsmatt33; 11-21-2017 at 04:49 PM.
    build page here