Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

anyone use these? 60$ mirror covers

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F263161389056

thinking about getting them theyre so cheap.

Sent from my iPod touch using Audizine

Established Member Two Rings Antimatter's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by austineikenes View Post
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F263161389056

thinking about getting them theyre so cheap.

Sent from my iPod touch using Audizine
    If you are interested I'm selling my OEM silver mirror covers for $150 shipped OBO
    2011 Audi S4 Brilliant Black / Black-Tuscan Brown Interior. DSG, Navigation, Sports Rear Differential, Nappa Leather, Supercharged Badge. Borla Exhaust System.

Senior Member Four Rings JeriQo's Avatar
    AZ Member #

i have them on and it looks great!
    2012 BB A4 P+ S-line Exterior |FBSW RS Paddles/Pedals|CR-15|AFE Filter|ECS inlet|S4 Dual Exhaust|Ace Convex 19x8.5|ECS 15mm rear

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

How's the install?

Does the A4 have mirror covers that pop off, then these replace them? Or do these just go over the stock mirrors?
    JHM K04-R // APR v3.1 // 034 HFC // Treadstone TR8 FMIC // Snow Performance Stage 2 WM Injection // Bilstein B12 Pro-kit // Borla Downpipe // // Rockford 8" Woofers // JL 10" Sub // 2200 W // Audison BitOne DSP

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by A4x View Post
    How's the install?

Does the A4 have mirror covers that pop off, then these replace them? Or do these just go over the stock mirrors?
    its a cover replacement. you have to pop the existing ones off which is a total PITA.
    2012 BB A4 P+ S-line Exterior |FBSW RS Paddles/Pedals|CR-15|AFE Filter|ECS inlet|S4 Dual Exhaust|Ace Convex 19x8.5|ECS 15mm rear

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

That's what I thought. And that's what I read about it being a PITA. I'll look for a DIY/guide later.

What makes it a PITA? Takes a lot of force to pop off, but not wanting to snap the entire mirror off the car?
    JHM K04-R // APR v3.1 // 034 HFC // Treadstone TR8 FMIC // Snow Performance Stage 2 WM Injection // Bilstein B12 Pro-kit // Borla Downpipe // // Rockford 8" Woofers // JL 10" Sub // 2200 W // Audison BitOne DSP

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by JeriQo View Post
    its a cover replacement. you have to pop the existing ones off which is a total PITA.
    They look like stick ons to me. What's the 3M tape on the inside for?

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by A4Qwattro View Post
    They look like stick ons to me. What's the 3M tape on the inside for?

ohhhhhhhh....

ive never seen this

Established Member Two Rings NathanGreatScott's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '16 Ford Flex Limited

ya, these ones are stick on and go over the existing covers. The replacement ones can be found on eBay for around $100 tho, in matte chrome or carbon, and I've heard good things. I'm planning on getting a set soon
    Brilliant Black '14 A4 Quattro 6MT w/ S-Line style package
    BBW

Registered Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

got any pics?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '16 Ford Flex Limited

Here are the ones listed for $100 that are a full mirror cover replacement. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F272556821846

There are several listings on eBay that vary in price from around $100-150. I’d imagine they’re all about the same quality and China manufacturer tho. Also, make sure you find a listing for your mirrors....if you have a b8 or 8.5 or lane assist

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    BBW

Established Member Two Rings Jezza's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Why does no one just vinyl wrap their mirrors? Seems like a relatively cheap and easy alternative.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '16 Ford Flex Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
    Why does no one just vinyl wrap their mirrors? Seems like a relatively cheap and easy alternative.
    some people do, im sure. Mirrors are one of the harder pieces to wrap though
    BBW

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by NathanGreatScott View Post
    Here are the ones listed for $100 that are a full mirror cover replacement. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F272556821846

There are several listings on eBay that vary in price from around $100-150. I’d imagine they’re all about the same quality and China manufacturer tho. Also, make sure you find a listing for your mirrors....if you have a b8 or 8.5 or lane assist

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    i got mine from aliexpress for 75 bucks. quality is A+

AZ Member #

some people do, im sure. Mirrors are one of the harder pieces to wrap though
    now that ive done it, the hardest part would be taking the covers off.
    wrapping it would be easy.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '16 Ford Flex Limited

Quote Originally Posted by JeriQo View Post
    now that ive done it, the hardest part would be taking the covers off.
    wrapping it would be easy.
    To be clear, I've never actually wrapped a mirror before or really any body parts of a car. I'm just basing that off of videos i've watched of professional wraps, and they always stressed how difficulty mirrors are to do well and right because or their shape. They were wrapping the whole mirror though with it still on the car. if you were only wrapping the cover and removed that piece, it might not be so bad because that's really only the top half of the thing.
    BBW

AZ Member #

To be clear, I've never actually wrapped a mirror before or really any body parts of a car. I'm just basing that off of videos i've watched of professional wraps, and they always stressed how difficulty mirrors are to do well and right because or their shape. They were wrapping the whole mirror though with it still on the car. if you were only wrapping the cover and removed that piece, it might not be so bad because that's really only the top half of the thing.
    it its in the car, yes it will definitely be tough. with it off and the mirrors out as well, its easy work.