Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 Audi Q5 Prestige

S5 Sportback Tire Issue

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    On October 28th I purchased a 2018 Audi S5 Sportback. On the way home it felt like the car was pulling a little to the right. On Monday going to work I continued to noticed and called the dealer. On October 31 the dealer confirmed the alignment was out. An appt was scheduled for today November 7th.

Today at after reviewing all day they determine that it appears to be the tire itself. Move the tire to the left side and the car pulls to the left. Continental and Audi approved changing that tire.

My question. Is it still recommended to change both tires on an axle. If so how do I get Audi to cover that? Car has only 495 miles on it and had only around 120 when I purchased.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Pegasusrjf; 11-08-2017 at 06:38 AM.

Established Member Two Rings douglasjboehme's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1995 Land Rover D90, 1990 Mazda Miata

Should be ok. Very low mileage difference and on the front tires. At this point, you'll have more wear on the rear tires. Assuming you're breaking the car in correctly, you should be in good shape to change just the one tire.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk
    2016 S4 - 6MT | Sepang Blue | Black Optic | Layered Aluminum/Black wood inlay | Nappa Leather | Sport Diff | AWE Touring Exhaust, Stock DPs

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 Audi Q5 Prestige

Thanks. I figured as much but wanted to ask.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 Audi Q5 Prestige

They replaced the tire and all is good

Wish they took a video of the tire. They said when they rolled it through the shop it went to the right. All by itself. Definitely something wrong with that tire b