Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Thread: Q7 Spare Tire

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 Audi Allroad [Ordered]

Q7 Spare Tire

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    While shopping for a Q7, I was very disappointed to learn that the Q7 does not include nor have the place to store a spare tire. I understand that the Q7 can be equipped with run flats, but it just does not provide the same level of reassurance in case of a flat especially on road trips when you travel to remote parts of Texas like I do to see family.

I really hope Audi will reconsider this a decision and make the necessary changes to include a spare in the Q7.

Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by bnewton View Post
    While shopping for a Q7, I was very disappointed to learn that the Q7 does not include nor have the place to store a spare tire. I understand that the Q7 can be equipped with run flats, but it just does not provide the same level of reassurance in case of a flat especially on road trips when you travel to remote parts of Texas like I do to see family.

I really hope Audi will reconsider this a decision and make the necessary changes to include a spare in the Q7.
    Hello,

Thank you for reaching out and for making Audi aware of your dissatisfaction and disappointment with the current direction we have selected with the lack of spare tire on the 2017 & 2018 Q7. The run-flat system is designed for you to continue driving the vehicle (in certain instances outlined in the owner's manual) up to 20 miles to get to your local Audi dealership or service center to have the necessary repairs completed and get you back on the road.

While the current iteration of the Q7 might not represent your ideal vehicle, do take comfort in the fact that our model lines are constantly evolving. We are a company that will always listen to the feedback of our customer's with the effort of constant improvements in innovation and technology. I will forward over your feedback/suggestion to our product development and engineer teams for future considerations. If there is anything else I am able to do for you, please do not hesitate to ask.
    Vincenzo F.

Audi Social Community Manager