Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 56 of 56
  1. #41
    Veteran Member Four Rings wbrunner23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 07 2012
    AZ Member #
    94796
    My Garage
    1955 Johnson QD-16
    Location
    Ashland, OR
    Items for Sale

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    SMIC's perform really well. I would only go FMIC if I really needed additional charge air cooling capacity or if I wanted everyone to see how cool I was. If you are tracking the car, SMIC provide benefit of not stacking your cooling cores, i.e. more surface area to radiator without a huge FMIC in the way. Your choice, but I would go SMIC.

    Also, did you start cutting the body up yet? Start cutting it up already! I would rather see that than watching you open boxes...I can watch myself opening my own boxes.

  2. #42
    Established Member Two Rings canduchita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 12 2017
    AZ Member #
    390488
    Location
    ypsilanti

    Quote Originally Posted by wbrunner23 View Post
    SMIC's perform really well. I would only go FMIC if I really needed additional charge air cooling capacity or if I wanted everyone to see how cool I was. If you are tracking the car, SMIC provide benefit of not stacking your cooling cores, i.e. more surface area to radiator without a huge FMIC in the way. Your choice, but I would go SMIC.

    Also, did you start cutting the body up yet? Start cutting it up already! I would rather see that than watching you open boxes...I can watch myself opening my own boxes.
    No cutting going on yet but it's getting there and thank you for the reply on the intercooler really want to get it right and yes I kind of figured you know that look wise the front mouth intercooler will be it in your face but I also want to take in performance-wise is it a good idea or not

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Audizine mobile app

  3. #43
    Senior Member Four Rings b7_Andy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 18 2015
    AZ Member #
    343342
    Location
    Denver, CO

    Will it be a track car or a street car? I agree with the advantage of having side-mounts on the track by not having to stack cores. But also think about where youll run your brake cooling hoses if you do track the car. I assume since the majority of the body will be gone you wont have a problem with side mount coolers and running hoses to cool the brakes. Id have a hard time running side mounts because Id have to come up with something creative for my brake cooling hoses on my car.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #44
    Established Member Two Rings canduchita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 12 2017
    AZ Member #
    390488
    Location
    ypsilanti

    Quote Originally Posted by b7_Andy View Post
    Will it be a track car or a street car? I agree with the advantage of having side-mounts on the track by not having to stack cores. But also think about where youll run your brake cooling hoses if you do track the car. I assume since the majority of the body will be gone you wont have a problem with side mount coolers and running hoses to cool the brakes. Id have a hard time running side mounts because Id have to come up with something creative for my brake cooling hoses on my car.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes the car will see lots of track time and as far as panels the only thing left in the car will be floor pan and firewall everything else will be gone, as far as the brake Cooling I still haven't figured out how I'm going to route
    Thank you for the info

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Audizine mobile app
    Last edited by canduchita; 11-10-2017 at 03:42 PM.

  5. #45
    Established Member Two Rings canduchita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 12 2017
    AZ Member #
    390488
    Location
    ypsilanti


    I believe this will be the last time I'll be working on the car before bringing it to krowrx December 1st.
    Still deciding on a couple things should I keep power steering or remove power steering


    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Audizine mobile app

  6. #46
    Established Member Two Rings canduchita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 12 2017
    AZ Member #
    390488
    Location
    ypsilanti


    Now we're talking progress bucket seats installed and fuel tank removed



    Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app

  7. #47
    Established Member Three Rings tate182's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06 2016
    AZ Member #
    384866
    Location
    Minnesota

    Quote Originally Posted by canduchita View Post

    Now we're talking progress bucket seats installed and fuel tank removed



    Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app
    Hope you keep the seats

    Sent from my SM-G920V using Audizine mobile app
    2001 b5 s4 stock

  8. #48
    Veteran Member Three Rings Crispy222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 15 2008
    AZ Member #
    26462
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Items for Sale

    I can't wait for this disaster to continue.
    98 Passat Var,2L,IE/JE,ARP,034,SPA,50tr,3tbe,FX400,BigREDs,Uni440,Fuel ab,Sterns,Mocal,Bils,JHM
    LINKS:2L Build,Further PerformanceHausOfHarnessD2 S8 40vQM

  9. #49
    Established Member Two Rings canduchita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 12 2017
    AZ Member #
    390488
    Location
    ypsilanti

    Quote Originally Posted by Crispy222 View Post
    I can't wait for this disaster to continue.
    Lol Me too

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app

  10. #50
    Established Member Two Rings canduchita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 12 2017
    AZ Member #
    390488
    Location
    ypsilanti



    So I came across this and I don't know I'm kind of liking it what you guys think you think this will look good on the EXO S4 I think it will match built what you guys think

    The actual carbon fiber part it's already being made by DCsnow1 In blue Carbon fiber and also a couple more goodies to make it pop

    Or maybe get something like the one on the bottom



    Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app

  11. #51
    Established Member Three Rings tate182's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06 2016
    AZ Member #
    384866
    Location
    Minnesota

    Quote Originally Posted by canduchita View Post


    So I came across this and I don't know I'm kind of liking it what you guys think you think this will look good on the EXO S4 I think it will match built what you guys think

    The actual carbon fiber part it's already being made by DCsnow1 In blue Carbon fiber and also a couple more goodies to make it pop

    Or maybe get something like the one on the bottom



    Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app
    From reading past posts on audizine I don't think anyone here will like it... That being said I'm young and think wings on some cars look cool but not the S4 it just makes it look like pure rice.

    Sent from my SM-G920V using Audizine mobile app
    2001 b5 s4 stock

  12. #52
    Established Member Two Rings canduchita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 12 2017
    AZ Member #
    390488
    Location
    ypsilanti

    Quote Originally Posted by tate182 View Post
    From reading past posts on audizine I don't think anyone here will like it... That being said I'm young and think wings on some cars look cool but not the S4 it just makes it look like pure rice.

    Sent from my SM-G920V using Audizine mobile app
    I understand that but it looks like you haven't read the whole thing because this It's not just an other s4 It's going to be an exo car 😁😁😁😁


    https://youtu.be/whjDlt9CEWI

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app

  13. #53
    Senior Member Four Rings VinnysS4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 12 2015
    AZ Member #
    364349
    Location
    Oregon

    Love the car and build idea man! I say go with the wing. It's bad ass. Nothing rice about it when you use it for function....

    Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Audizine mobile app
    1997 VW GTI VR6 (sold), 2003 Audi RS6 (sold), 2010 Audi A4 2.0T (RIP Totaled on 11/2/2015 ) 2005.5 Audi S4

    http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...-s-s4-timeline

  14. #54
    Senior Member Three Rings e30mclow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08 2015
    AZ Member #
    314258
    Location
    An Irishman living in NC

    Our friend Bobkatt wins at big wangs:
    Current: 2000 Black Stage III (BW-K04)
    1990 BMW E30 325i
    Previous Bad Idea: 2000 Imola Stage III (BW-K04) - Now a parts car - HERE
    Previous "Better" Ideas: Euro e30 m3, Euro e34 m5, Inca Orange 2002Tii, '89 325iS, '89 318i, '90 318iS, '91 318iS, 2 X '87 316, '89 320i, '81 316 and so on..

  15. #55
    Established Member Two Rings canduchita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 12 2017
    AZ Member #
    390488
    Location
    ypsilanti

    😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Audizine mobile app

  16. #56
    Senior Member Three Rings rguil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 17 2014
    AZ Member #
    303740
    Location
    San Diego Ca

    Quote Originally Posted by e30mclow View Post
    Our friend Bobkatt wins at big wangs:
    Every time i see his diffuser it makes me cringe.
    b5 s4. k24, 2.8 heads, rods, meth, corn, gutted, custom standalone, rear radiator
    c5 a6 4.2
    4.2 touareg
    350$ 2.7t c5 a6, girlfriends whip
    Cls 63 sAMG 4Matic
    LP700-4 Aventador, ithaca verde
    52' Studebaker Pickup, Fully blueprinted original motor, hardened valve seats, 85 Horsepower!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2017 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.