Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

What is this trim piece called? And where can I buy it?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    So this little piece of window trim is broke on 2 of my doors. I've looked at pictures of replacement trim and it doesn't look like it is included with the trim I've saw. What is this little bit and where can I get it?

Established Member Four Rings Okedokey's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Thats rubber behind the door trim. You need to purchase the whole trim and take the door completely apart to remove it. Not worth it.
    A4 B7 2.0T | HPFP upgrade + FMIC | BSR Stage II + exhaust + HFC | RS4 fuel contr., PRV + S3 inj. + DW300c | GFB DV+| 034 RSB + all arms and mounts | S4 brakes | B12 Bilstein suspension + H&R springs | Polk Audio PA D5000.5 - 4 x DB6502 + db840DVC sub + Pioneer 10" sub | LEDs throughout | 19" Audi 2015 RS4 rims

AZ Member #

Ahh......Piss. Well thanks for the bad news anyway haha.

Established Member Four Rings Okedokey's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Just get some sikaflex or similar and stick it down. If youíre careful youíll not notice
    A4 B7 2.0T | HPFP upgrade + FMIC | BSR Stage II + exhaust + HFC | RS4 fuel contr., PRV + S3 inj. + DW300c | GFB DV+| 034 RSB + all arms and mounts | S4 brakes | B12 Bilstein suspension + H&R springs | Polk Audio PA D5000.5 - 4 x DB6502 + db840DVC sub + Pioneer 10" sub | LEDs throughout | 19" Audi 2015 RS4 rims

Veteran Member Four Rings 80sGuy's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Miele S7

How did that happen?

2008 A4 2.0T | Dolphin Gray Metallic/Dk Gray | multitronic | Bluetooth | Dk Wood | Convenience. | Premium. | Sprt Susp. | Bare-bone 100% factory stock!

Senior Member Four Rings Ashtonts's Avatar
    AZ Member #

^^seriously lol.

Also Iím pretty sure that piece on my car is black. Yours looks silver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2005.5 A4 2.0T Brilliant Red | 6MT | Quattro | S-Line
    Go: K04 | ST Coilovers | Carbonio | Maestro | S3 Injectors | IE Rods | JHM FMIC | Autotech HPFP | ECS Short Shifter | JHM Clutch | USP HFC | Quad-tip Exhaust | S4 Brakes
    Show: DTM Rear + Skirts | Recaro | Black Miro 111 19" | RS4 Grille | Votex Spoiler | OEM CF Trim | S4 Mirrors | Black Ext. Trim | CC + Joey Mod Bixenons | LED Tails | A8 Rings | RNSe | 20% Tint | 034 Adj. UCAs

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Its called a window slot seal. Does your car have the chrome trim for all the windows or are they all rubber? If its the chrome trim you are going to have to remove everything from the door. If not you should be able to remove it without having to take anything apart. I just replaced that thing today as mine kinda disintegrated got sticky and left black streaks on the outside of my window and trim pieces.

AZ Member #

Its black, that wonky lighting kinda makes it look silver. No idea how it happened tho. Front passenger door has a big ass piece already broke off. Drivers rear is in the pic. I'm sure it'll be coming off soon. Can't stand to look at it lol.

I have the chrome trim. Its wrapped in vinyl to make it black. Which come to think of it could be how it got damaged to begin with.
    So with it being chrome it all has to come apart to replace that? Ugh.

AZ Member #

So when I google window slot seal it doesn't look like this. Its the trim piece with the wiper(seal), but not this rubber piece. This is over the window wipe. I think its more for aesthetics than anything maybe?

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Ya you are going to have to pull apart the doors to replace them. The part numbers for the front passenger side is 8E0853284G and the rear driver is 8E0853767A. Thats if you are correct in having the chrome trim. If you go on youtube you can find a video to replace the window regulator and thats how you have to take apart the door to remove it. It took about 2 hours to fix it for the driver side door only. To confirm you have those part numbers you can roll the window down and look down in there and you should be able to see the part number.

AZ Member #

Oh ok. Well I know exactly how to do it then bc I have a regulator I have to replace, so I've been watching the videos on that. What figures tho is that its a different door then the trim problems. Oh well. Has to be done......eventually.