Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Trying to find an RS6 Grill for a Pre facelift 2001 C5 A6 4.2

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I have been trying to find an RS6 grill for the pre facelift (my car came off the line in october of 2000) A6 4.2L i have only really found face lift i actually just ordered one and got it and it didnt fit obviously because it was post facelift. I have always really wanted to have a lower and upper RS grill on my car. If any of you guys know where i can get them that would be very helpful, I know you have to modify the lower grill to make it fit on my car but shouldnt there be on for the pre facelift???? let me know guys.

Thank you, Dalton

Veteran Member Three Rings JediJoker7169's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Uh... 4.2 debuted with the "facelift" front end as far as body panels and grilles go. RS6 upper grille should be a direct swap. You sure it doesn't fit? Have you compared the grilles to confirm they are actually different in size/mounting?
    - JediJoker

"Das Boot" / 2001 Audi A6 2.7T quattro sedan:
    RS4 clutch / 710N DVs / 2Bennett Stage2 GT front 6-piston Brembo 350mm/rear 311mm / Bilstein PSS9s / Hotchkis Sport anti-roll bars / 034 Density adjustable front upper control arms/Track Density front shock mounts/spherical rear anti-roll bar end links / O.Z. Superturismo LM 18" x 8" / Falken Azenis RT615K 235/40ZR18 / Hella E-codes / LED tails (ATL-254-LED-CR-LT) / Facelift black rear license plate trim

Veteran Member Four Rings Nollywood's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B6 Avant 420-R

2000 C6 used the old-style hood and headlamps, so the grill frame is different to that of later cars. If your car is truly pre-facelift (pre-facelift 4.2??) then your only option is aftermarket.

I thought all V8 models were produced after the facelift, with the exclusion of the Allroad.
    2003 Audi B6 A4 Quattro Sport Avant, 3.0 | 6-Speed Manual Swap | BOSE | Rear PDC | Factory Votex Kit | OEM B6 S4 Black Optic Grille | Rear Tints | Black Leather | Cruise | H&R Spacers 12/15mm Front / Rear | B7 S4 OEM Alloys

B6 420-TS Avant - RS6 4.2 BiTurbo, (BCY). B6/7 Hybrid "RS4" OEM Widebody Coming Soon.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Well I mount my grill with 4 Allen screws and the grill I got has clips... and no spot for 4 screws on the inside to bolt it on. It looks and feels the same size. Iím not sure when the facelift years are and arenít but my door card says 10/00 but isnít that still a 2001?

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Active Member Two Rings DreamInRotary's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001 Allroad / 1984 RXSE7EN

Quote Originally Posted by kwaceyoopony View Post
    Well I mount my grill with 4 Allen screws and the grill I got has clips... and no spot for 4 screws on the inside to bolt it on. It looks and feels the same size. Iím not sure when the facelift years are and arenít but my door card says 10/00 but isnít that still a 2001?
    According to the good ol' U S of A, your car is a 2001. Anything made after July of this year is now a 2018, Anything up to June 30th of 2017 is considered a 2017 model year. Germany doesn't function like that so your car, to them, would be a 2000 model. This is how I understand it.

I had a C4 A6 Avant a few years ago that was made in late 97 so it was titled as a 98. But in 98 they switched to C5's and everything was different from the C4's. So when I had to order parts I'd need to remember to say "97" instead of "98".
    - 2001 Audi Allroad - 6sp Manual 01e - EPL Stage 2 Tune - Arnott Gen 2's - Hotchkis Sway Bars - True 3" to 3" SSAC Downpipes - Magnaflow Exhaust -

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by DreamInRotary View Post
    According to the good ol' U S of A, your car is a 2001. Anything made after July of this year is now a 2018, Anything up to June 30th of 2017 is considered a 2017 model year. Germany doesn't function like that so your car, to them, would be a 2000 model. This is how I understand it.

I had a C4 A6 Avant a few years ago that was made in late 97 so it was titled as a 98. But in 98 they switched to C5's and everything was different from the C4's. So when I had to order parts I'd need to remember to say "97" instead of "98".
    Oh ok thank you. But are the 2000 models different from an 01?

Veteran Member Four Rings 02 A6 2.7T's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Too much crap

Quote Originally Posted by kwaceyoopony View Post
    I have been trying to find an RS6 grill for the pre facelift (my car came off the line in october of 2000) A6 4.2L i have only really found face lift i actually just ordered one and got it and it didnt fit obviously because it was post facelift. I have always really wanted to have a lower and upper RS grill on my car. If any of you guys know where i can get them that would be very helpful, I know you have to modify the lower grill to make it fit on my car but shouldnt there be on for the pre facelift???? let me know guys.

Thank you, Dalton
    You didn't by chance get one of these ... http://www.ebay.com/itm/2001-2004-FA...OFGH#vi-ilComp

I believe it's an RS6 "style" grill made to fit the V6 facelift cars (clip-in fitment) and doesn't work on a V8 hood (despite the claim in their listing).

I'm local to you if you want to compare what you have to the OEM RS6 grill I installed in my S6 ...
    2002 A6 2.7T - 6MT Crystal Blue APR Stage 1
    2002 S6 - 6 MT Black/black
    **SOLD ** 2002 allroad 2.7T 6MT

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Yea thatís the exact one I got.