Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAero View Post
    I wonder if this will become a TSB.

It sounds like the type of thing that could effect all of us...

I'm tempted to run it by the dealer just to see if a pending code is present.
    I can't believe so many cars are seeing this problem, yet Audi would not have seen it in testing??
    2017 Ara Blue RS3

Established Member Two Rings clubberlang06's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by anthony0303 View Post
    Sadly my car is at the dealer for mil codes a well, sadly mine even went into limp mode. The dealer is saying fuel pump and it's of course not in stock! They are expecting part availability in 7-10 business days maybe from Germany. However I am still suspecting crap 93 has or they say it's 93. My car has 1034 miles on it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Audizine mobile app
    Going into the dealer for the second time with this, the first time they just reset the code. Might have to replace the fuel pump this time I guess. Between two blown tires (separate incidents) and two drivetrain malfunctions in 1500 miles and four months, this car is making me nervous to even drive it...
    Current: 2018 RS3, Nardo Grey, Black Optics, Tech Package, Dynamic Package, RS Design Package
    2002 C5 Corvette Z06 Track Car
    2013 Triumph Street Triple R
    Missed: 2011 B8 S4
    1997 E36 BMW M3 (track day project car)
    2011 WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2008 E63 BMW M6 (The Beast)
    2001 Suzuki SV650S

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by clubberlang06 View Post
    Going into the dealer for the second time with this, the first time they just reset the code. Might have to replace the fuel pump this time I guess. Between two blown tires (separate incidents) and two drivetrain malfunctions in 1500 miles and four months, this car is making me nervous to even drive it...
    I got my car back the day before, i picked up late enough the service desk wasn't open so i won't have the codes until i follow up with them. if they have replaced the pump the dealer will have kept the car several days. There's no parts in stock and it has to come from Germany. I would't worry too much about it and see how it goes . If you have more issues with it and it's the same thing just lemon law it. For everyone what the replaced was the high pressure pump not the low pressure. What's interesting about this is the first thing you will notice is the transmission gets laggy. I never had the motor studder or seem like it misfired.

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Three Rings Paul@SupremePower's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 RS3 |2014 B8.5 S5 stage 2+ |2010 MK6 GTI KO4 -gone

I got my car back the day before, i picked up late enough the service desk wasn't open so i won't have the codes until i follow up with them. if they have replaced the pump the dealer will have kept the car several days. There's no parts in stock and it has to come from Germany. I would't worry too much about it and see how it goes . If you have more issues with it and it's the same thing just lemon law it. For everyone what the replaced was the high pressure pump not the low pressure. What's interesting about this is the first thing you will notice is the transmission gets laggy. I never had the motor studder or seem like it misfired.
    They replaced you HP pump?

Paul@SupremePower.com aka: allset

| 034 | ADV.1 | AG | Advan | Akrapovič | AWE | BBS | BC Forged | Brembo | Capristo | Forgeline | H&R | Klassen | KW | Milltek | Modulare | Ohlins | OZ | Stoptech | Volk | Vorsteiner | Vossen | Work | and many more

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by allset View Post
    They replaced you HP pump?
    Yes

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Yes

Additionally it went it to fault while idle and parked.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Did you have gas in your oil also? I dont think you posted that you did.

Well so much for this DTC issue being a software bug. Looking less and less likely. By itself this code isnít too troubleing. Being paired will ppl reporting gas in the oil concerns me. Thinning oil is bad any time but during break in and the first 5000 Miles.... really no bueno.

Just did my first oil change at 4000. The service guy didnít say anything but itís something you could miss unless prompted to look for.

Bah.

| 034 | ADV.1 | AG | Advan | Akrapovič | AWE | BBS | BC Forged | Brembo | Capristo | Forgeline | H&R | Klassen | KW | Milltek | Modulare | Ohlins | OZ | Stoptech | Volk | Vorsteiner | Vossen | Work | and many more

Established Member Two Rings Krillien's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Hmm I don't think this is the same issue - at least for myself. My fault codes came up when the car is being driven.
    2018 Mythos Black Audi RS3

AZ Member #

Did you have gas in your oil also? I dont think you posted that you did.

Well so much for this DTC issue being a software bug. Looking less and less likely. By itself this code isnít too troubleing. Being paired will ppl reporting gas in the oil concerns me. Thinning oil is bad any time but during break in and the first 5000 Miles.... really no bueno.

Just did my first oil change at 4000. The service guy didnít say anything but itís something you could miss unless prompted to look for.

Bah.
    Would it thin the oil or just vaporize off of it?
    2017 Ara Blue RS3

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nesbit View Post
    Would it thin the oil or just vaporize off of it?
    Mix in and thin it. The same way you mix gas and oil in 2 stroke engines and they become one homogeneous fluid. In addition to lowering the viscosity gas is a solvent. Small amounts of gas would go unnoticed but the fact that they can smell it means it enough to be concerned.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

So my pending too rich code advanced and my MIL turned on today. Going to dealer in morning again with riot act in hand.

AZ Member #

So my pending too rich code advanced and my MIL turned on today. Going to dealer in morning again with riot act in hand.
    Are you using a generic OBDII scanner? I'd like to check mine. I think my scanner might be pretty old though.
    2017 Ara Blue RS3

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Are you using a generic OBDII scanner? I'd like to check mine. I think my scanner might be pretty old though.
    I have obd for easy on the fly checking but alway Use VCDS to dig deeper. Generic obd doesnít give enough info usually.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Warmed up the car, took off the oil cap and took a smell. Absolutely REEKS of gasoline. Not like well maybe it smells a little but a strong odor of pure gas. Just had an oil change last week also.

Anyone with this code may want to take a whiff of their oil.

Have an appointment on Wednesday back at audi.

AZ Member #

I have obd for easy on the fly checking but alway Use VCDS to dig deeper. Generic obd doesnít give enough info usually.
    Tried to read codes with my old ACTRON 9135. Is key on enough or does the engine have to be running? The OBDII connector had a 1.0 on it. Could it be too old?
    2017 Ara Blue RS3

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Tried to read codes with my old ACTRON 9135. Is key on enough or does the engine have to be running? The OBDII connector had a 1.0 on it. Could it be too old?
    Key on should be enough for reading codes but if it doesnít read you can have it running. I donít know much about that connector but if the dongle is way older then the app it may not work due to software upgrades

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Any updates to this? I currently seem to be having the exact same issue... Canadian... too rich fuel code... already cleared once and now it's back on. First time dealer cleared it and now second time they didn't clear it and told me to watch it for a few days to see if it goes away. Is there a TSB from Audi Canada on this or anything I should reference to my dealer?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123