Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    UPDATE:

Got the EGT-delete set today & put it on the car! Deleted fault codes, took it for a spin
    Straight away the car feels much better! No "sluggish" drive. Great

BUT! Still hitting boost like crazy (30-50psi according to my app "TORQUE" ) for a fracture of a second when doing "kick down" and WOT. Stabilizes at around 10psi after that all the way until gearshift. (isn`t stock boost between 7-9psi)
    Has anyone logged realtime boost like this before??? Is the app-readings wrong? Where do i go from here? Any suggestions?

Also the throttle only opens about 85-90% according to the app. Is this normal? Shouldn`t it be 100% ?
    Thanks for all your help guy`s!

Thomas

Senior Member Three Rings olethalb's Avatar
    AZ Member #

would personally bung a cheapo ebay boost gauge on to compare app accuracy

Glad the egt sorted the slug problem :)

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by olethalb View Post
    would personally bung a cheapo ebay boost gauge on to compare app accuracy

Glad the egt sorted the slug problem :)
    Something like this?
    https://www.bsr-tuning.no/produkt/multicolor_544601

Is it easy to install/uninstall. Not very keen on having this mounted in my car.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Your EGT is going to be your problem. I had mine coded out, along with SAI, and a Stage 1 tune. It cost less then replacing the EGTs myself.

When I got the ECU back the car easily felt like it had an extra 150 horse, because EGTs weren't interfering, and I was getting full boost.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by kid View Post
    Your EGT is going to be your problem. I had mine coded out, along with SAI, and a Stage 1 tune. It cost less then replacing the EGTs myself.

When I got the ECU back the car easily felt like it had an extra 150 horse, because EGTs weren't interfering, and I was getting full boost.
    I did change this EGT (delete set) but having some issues with the boost readings being very high at WOT, but only for a fracture of a second.
    Considering stage 2 ( they say that`s 300hp) and that this is no problem for the 2.7 on stock parts. Do you concur to this or is the car too old? Would it be best to leave it be?
    Have you guys tested 0-60? Supposed to be 7-8 seconds I`m more in the top 8`s but do not race the if you know what i mean! Just the occasionally passing some BMW

AZ Member #

I have the 034 stage 1, which they claim is about 315 HP / 345 Ft lbs. I would say I'm in the high 6 second range, but have not tested it yet.

I do throw a code from time to time for over boost. Never really caused any issues for me.

I would not trust the torque app for accurate boost. Get yourself a mechanical gauge. As for the throttle, you will never see a car read from 0-100%.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I have the 034 stage 1, which they claim is about 315 HP / 345 Ft lbs. I would say I'm in the high 6 second range, but have not tested it yet.

I do throw a code from time to time for over boost. Never really caused any issues for me.

I would not trust the torque app for accurate boost. Get yourself a mechanical gauge. As for the throttle, you will never see a car read from 0-100%.
    Thank you for the quick response! Is this something you buy as a kit (the 034 stage 1), or do you map the ECU? i`m doing the last one i guess. cost`s about 300$

AZ Member #

You mail them your ECU, and they send it back tuned. It's a "canned" tune, so you are better off if you go to a shop with a dyno.

https://store.034motorsport.com/perf...olkswagen.html

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I think it's the same thing. They "download" ecu software and get an upgraded file in return wich they upload the car... takes about 15-20 minutes.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

So.... To update my situation.

After countless search on google and this forum i've done this so far:

1. Changed TBB(cracked underneath)
    2. Changed MAF (mass air flow housing with sensor), although my Ohm was right. Noticed no difference.
    3. I've changed the N75-valve, although my Ohm was ok(between 25-35). Noticed no difference
    4. Got an EGT "delete set". After new code: 17861 P-1453-35-10 EGT sensor 1 open/short to b+. This changed the car immideately! No more slug!

Have not registered any codes after this, but i do not trust the "tourqe" app, so i will do an full vcds scan again anytime soon.

I'm also gonna check the DV's to see if they work properly and the N249.

Want to thank you all for help! Much appreciated!

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    05 allroad 2.7t 6mt, 2006 VW Passat Komfort, 2004 VW Jetta GLS 1.8t

Great work Herr! Looks like your persistence is paying off. I would take the opportunity to replace the torn TBB with an upgraded silicone version (Samco, 034, Mishimoto etc...) Fixing that leak should def. yield a noticeable difference as well as eliminate a likely weak spot in the event you add more boost in the future.

I personally would focus on ironing out all of its current issues as well as bringing maintenance up to date before doing any mods. Your car is already rather bad ass, so making it even better should prove to be a fun task. It depends on what your looking to achieve with the car as TONS of mods are available for the platform ranging from mild to wild. On the mild side, a stg1-2 flash with all of the accompanying mods (upgraded TBB, DV's open downpipes and a free-er breathing exhaust) would prolly put a big smile on your face (for a bit anyways). This can prove a bit of a slippery slope as many can attest because the need/want for MORE is always in the back of your mind. It really just boils down to personal preference and of course $$$$.

getting her closer to the ground on a sick set of wheels is never a bad idea either, although your wheels your runnin currently are classics. Lookin good man!

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by n8henn View Post
    Great work Herr! Looks like your persistence is paying off. I would take the opportunity to replace the torn TBB with an upgraded silicone version (Samco, 034, Mishimoto etc...) Fixing that leak should def. yield a noticeable difference as well as eliminate a likely weak spot in the event you add more boost in the future.

I personally would focus on ironing out all of its current issues as well as bringing maintenance up to date before doing any mods. Your car is already rather bad ass, so making it even better should prove to be a fun task. It depends on what your looking to achieve with the car as TONS of mods are available for the platform ranging from mild to wild. On the mild side, a stg1-2 flash with all of the accompanying mods (upgraded TBB, DV's open downpipes and a free-er breathing exhaust) would prolly put a big smile on your face (for a bit anyways). This can prove a bit of a slippery slope as many can attest because the need/want for MORE is always in the back of your mind. It really just boils down to personal preference and of course $$$$.

getting her closer to the ground on a sick set of wheels is never a bad idea either, although your wheels your runnin currently are classics. Lookin good man!
    Thanks again, quite happy with the look, condition and performance as is. BUT, as you say, there is always that feeling of wanting a bit extra. Even though this is a family car packed with children`s seats in the rear
    It`s that once or twice a week when your alone in the car and just want to feel the power unleashed!
    So next up would be the upgraded DV`s i guess: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-assemble.../06a145710nkt/
    On that note, do you know what kind of Ohm the N249 should have or any other way to test it? https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...49/078906283a/
    What about fuel filter? How often if so do you guy`s replace this? https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...er/441201511c/
    As for maintenance, i`ve changed oil, oilfilter, spark plugs, air filter, cabin filter, polished and clean inside out. It`s about 99% rust free and has been well taken care of with every service documented! It only has 100K km (62K Miles) on it.
    So i`m not going crazy with tune or apperance, but some adjustments are to be made

Wheels are classic, 225/40-18" on Conti`s but would be nicer to have them a bit wider, winter rims however is a different chapter Stock 16`s just barely clearing the disc, that`s just wroooong, i know...

I also have another thread on the P-sensor not working but hasn`t got any response/tip yet. Just goes with a loooong beep every time. Help on that would be great as well, Bentley`s manual is on the christmas list

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Tuned (300hp) problem back😠

Problably got a bit too carried away and went straight for an flash with +50hp. Now the feel of sluggish drive has returned but also the ESP light turns on. Staggering drive and loss of power...

Also forgot to tell you this, because i didn't think it would matter but: early this year i've had a bit of an accident. Was late for an red light and put my foot down (but not faster than 60-70mph). Road work ahead and going to fast for the circumstances the car "jumped" going over an bump and the bumper actually touched ground... Most on passenger side.

Now: could this be an speed sensor issue or allignment problem that occured after the impact?? But didn't cause an problem straight away?

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Herr G View Post
    Tuned (300hp) problem back😠

Problably got a bit too carried away and went straight for an flash with +50hp. Now the feel of sluggish drive has returned but also the ESP light turns on. Staggering drive and loss of power...

Also forgot to tell you this, because i didn't think it would matter but: early this year i've had a bit of an accident. Was late for an red light and put my foot down (but not faster than 60-70mph). Road work ahead and going to fast for the circumstances the car "jumped" going over an bump and the bumper actually touched ground... Most on passenger side.

Now: could this be an speed sensor issue or allignment problem that occured after the impact?? But didn't cause an problem straight away?
    So...you forgot to mention you did a Dukes of Hazard, and grounded your front bumper? lol

I would have gotten my alignment checked the next day. However, if the light didn't come on until after the tune, I would check with the tuner.

Established Member Two Rings Grainreaper's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I've a little tip on those park sensors, they are little sonar sensors that you can actually hear (or feel) operating... I used a screwdriver to check, simply crouch down and place the tip of the screwdriver to the sensor (key on, engine off) and in reverse, wheels chocked/ebrake on put the handle of the screwdriver to your ear to listen to it, you will hear a clicking noise from the sensor if it's good, or nothing if it's dead, my car has two dead sensors, I just need to figure out which version of sensor I have and I will swap them out. I think there are two types of sensor depending on year, I have a 2000 A6 2.7t, ifound the sensor info online at one point but did nothing wth it, now that I'd like to replace the sensors I cannot find the info on which sensors to get

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

So...you forgot to mention you did a Dukes of Hazard, and grounded your front bumper? lol

I would have gotten my alignment checked the next day. However, if the light didn't come on until after the tune, I would check with the tuner.
    Oooooops... yeah, kinda forgot about it sence the car didn't act any different before/after. And it wasn't really that bad. But yes the car had an impact that was really unnecessary! And because i read another thread on the allignment and speed sensor as well as crank positioner sensor.

Allignment will be booked tomorrow! Should i ask them to check speed sensor as well?

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Grainreaper View Post
    I've a little tip on those park sensors, they are little sonar sensors that you can actually hear (or feel) operating... I used a screwdriver to check, simply crouch down and place the tip of the screwdriver to the sensor (key on, engine off) and in reverse, wheels chocked/ebrake on put the handle of the screwdriver to your ear to listen to it, you will hear a clicking noise from the sensor if it's good, or nothing if it's dead, my car has two dead sensors, I just need to figure out which version of sensor I have and I will swap them out. I think there are two types of sensor depending on year, I have a 2000 A6 2.7t, ifound the sensor info online at one point but did nothing wth it, now that I'd like to replace the sensors I cannot find the info on which sensors to get
    I did that, and replaced two. But now i don't hear any working. Could wrong/bad quality sensors make the whole system "crash"?

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

The esp/traction light has come on 2 times before and 1 time now after the tune. Turning the ignition off/on reset's the light. Also think i've exaggerated limp mode after reading other threads. I can easily drive my car up to 130-40km/h but when WOT the staggering starts... 1 and 2 gear runs very often good, but 3-5 the staggering gets worse! When driven gently i almost don't feel anything... Hope this will tell you something more😉 . Thomas

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Can any one tell me where to find allignment specs for my 2004 A6 C5 2.7T?
    And tell me if the speed sensor/ camshaft sensor (same thing?) should be changed at the same time? is it 2 of these? Don`t want to pour money out the window, but if it`s a good decision of course i will do it!
    Workshop could do it this week, and i want to leave a note with the correct settings so they don`t get this wrong

Established Member Two Rings Grainreaper's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I can get you specs today while at work (my bays are next to the alignment rack)

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Grainreaper View Post
    I can get you specs today while at work (my bays are next to the alignment rack)
    Thank you Mr!

Senior Member Four Rings blitz2190's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2004 A4 1.8T Quattro, 2.7T swap Stage 3 APR 6 speed
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Herr G View Post
    The esp/traction light has come on 2 times before and 1 time now after the tune. Turning the ignition off/on reset's the light. Also think i've exaggerated limp mode after reading other threads. I can easily drive my car up to 130-40km/h but when WOT the staggering starts... 1 and 2 gear runs very often good, but 3-5 the staggering gets worse! When driven gently i almost don't feel anything... Hope this will tell you something more😉 . Thomas
    Well just guessing won't help, scan the module for codes.
    Never argue with an idiot, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
    2.7T Swap Wiring Guide (Psst this is a link)
    New Build In progress built 2.7 STK 2004 B6 A4- Thread and pic to come

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by blitz2190 View Post
    Well just guessing won't help, scan the module for codes.
    Scanning vcds will be done tomorrow!, along with the wheel alignment. I`ve only have an OBD Torque app , and no codes are visible! The other codes are listed earlier in this thread.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Back from the workshop

Workshop called, the car was 99% alligned and no adjustment was necessary. No other fault codes than boost pressure to high again. He recommends to change the MAP sensor. Hopings he`s right.
    200$ for wheel alignment and diagnostic "out the window" But at least i know it`s straight as an arrow
    Should i go for an stock MAP-sensor or one that has higher tolerance for boost pressure? Mine has part.nr: 078 906 051. Can you guide me in the right direction here? Is this the one:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Pre...lZHY1S&vxp=mtr

Thomas
    Last edited by Herr G; 11-21-2017 at 05:41 AM.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Boost gauge

Hi

Wich boost gauge do you guys run in your C5 Vent`s? I`m not so sure i want to mount it but i have to do a test so what are my option here?
    Is it like everything else that, quality and price goes hand in hand? Or can i purchase China products for 1/10 of the ECS tuning ones?
    Something like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-5....c100005.m2219

Audidealer wanted 2.900,- NOK (362 $) for the MAP sensor

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Have i screwed up???

CEL came on today. Obd shows P0103
    https://www.obd-codes.com/p0103
    MAF is brand new but i hope i change to the correct one! Is AIP compatible as i have believed or not?? Or does it has to be Hitachi or Bosch. AIP # is 401352563104. NEW MASS AIR FLOW METER SENSOR MAF *FOR S4 A4 A6 3.0L 2.7L
    Looking forward to response. Cheers.
    Thomas

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

for it to work with the me7 it needs to be a hitachi or bosch (which ever your ecu is programmed for as they are different, being an 04 its almost certainly a hitachi), aftermarket mafs are notorious for not working within the tight specs of the oem units.
    Never argue with an idiot, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Thank you very much for that! Old one is Hitachi. Thought i was doing it right. Ok. Back to start. Is it possible that you can get me an link to the correct one?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

I believe this should be the right one
    https://www.ecstuning.com/b-hitachi-...SABEgIKCvD_BwE

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by blitz2190 View Post
    I believe this should be the right one
    https://www.ecstuning.com/b-hitachi-...SABEgIKCvD_BwE
    Thank you so much! Ordered it now👍 Feel pretty darn stupid too. Note to self. Ask you guys before and not after i try stuff on my own🤣🤣🤣 Thank's again!

AZ Member #

FWIW, I had a similar issue with my ESP flashing and the TCM cutting throttle on hard pulls in 2nd gear. I recently changed out one of the ABS sensors (right front I think) and the ESP hasn't had any issues since, I don't know if it was related, but seeing your post made me remember and think about it. Mine is bone stock, except for a 6mt swap and I think the shop may have given me like a stage 0+ tune when they programmed my TCM for me. Anywho, the bad ABS sensor ended up throwing a code a few months ago so I finally broke down and fixed it. I also have at least one bad wheel bearing, just a couple things you might want to check out.

Cheers!

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by brokenwrench View Post
    FWIW, I had a similar issue with my ESP flashing and the TCM cutting throttle on hard pulls in 2nd gear. I recently changed out one of the ABS sensors (right front I think) and the ESP hasn't had any issues since, I don't know if it was related, but seeing your post made me remember and think about it. Mine is bone stock, except for a 6mt swap and I think the shop may have given me like a stage 0+ tune when they programmed my TCM for me. Anywho, the bad ABS sensor ended up throwing a code a few months ago so I finally broke down and fixed it. I also have at least one bad wheel bearing, just a couple things you might want to check out.

Cheers!
    Thank you for sharing! Hope changing my poor choice of the wrong MAF from AIP, now will get the problem sorted out as i`m getting the one from Hitachi instead.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

New MAF sensor from Hitachi installed.

So, finally got the correct MAF sensor from Hitachi today and put it straight in. Improved both drive and boost, but from 3-5 gear there is still something wrong. No codes and in 1-2 gear the car goes really fast! So could it be a small boost or vacuume leak that's causing this problem? Even though pressure test allegedly is ok?!

*Pressure test ok
    *New maf
    *New plugs
    *New N75
    *wheel alignment check
    * EGT plug & play delete set.

What's next in line?
    Thomas