Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Results 1 to 27 of 27
  1. #1
    Senior Member Three Rings TurboQuattroPwr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 28 2006
    AZ Member #
    12111
    Location
    Delaware
    Items for Sale

    B9 S4 With different rear brake calipers?

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    So I just bought a new 2018 Audi S4. Absolutely love the car, but noticed the rear calipers dont have the S emblem like others Ive seen.

    Is there a reason for this?

    My cars rear calipers:


    Other cars with the S emblem:







    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2018 Audi S4 3.0T
    18% Tint, CquartzPro Ceramic Coating

    2002 Audi A4 1.8TQM *Gone*

  2. #2
    Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    396205
    Location
    Auburn Hills, MI

    Hello,

    Audi would like to look into this a little further for you. Can you PM me your name, VIN, and email address please?
    Vincenzo F.

    Audi Social Community Manager

  3. #3
    Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    396205
    Location
    Auburn Hills, MI

    Hello,

    I was able to determine some additional information for you. The "S" logo on the rear calipers werent omitted on your vehicle, all the 2018 S4s with the S Sport Package come equipped with 4 red calipers, and only the front calipers come with the "S" logo. Since we center the "S" logo on the front or most visible portion of the caliper, there isn't enough surface area to print another "S" logo on the rear calipers. Hopefully this helps clear things up for you, let me know if you have any further questions.

    Regards,
    Vincenzo F.

    Audi Social Community Manager

  4. #4
    Senior Member Three Rings TurboQuattroPwr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 28 2006
    AZ Member #
    12111
    Location
    Delaware
    Items for Sale

    B9 S4 With different rear brake calipers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Audi USA View Post
    Hello,

    I was able to determine some additional information for you. The "S" logo on the rear calipers werent omitted on your vehicle, all the 2018 S4s with the S Sport Package come equipped with 4 red calipers, and only the front calipers come with the "S" logo. Since we center the "S" logo on the front or most visible portion of the caliper, there isn't enough surface area to print another "S" logo on the rear calipers. Hopefully this helps clear things up for you, let me know if you have any further questions.

    Regards,
    Can you please double check the above response. Other S4s with the S Sport package have an S logo in the calipers. See examples below I grabbed from cars.com. My neighbor also has an S4 with S Sport package and his rear calipers also have the S logo.






    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2018 Audi S4 3.0T
    18% Tint, CquartzPro Ceramic Coating

    2002 Audi A4 1.8TQM *Gone*

  5. #5
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Jan 18 2017
    AZ Member #
    391004
    Location
    Vancouver

    Bump... Id like to know too..


    Quote Originally Posted by TurboQuattroPwr View Post
    So I just bought a new 2018 Audi S4. Absolutely love the car, but noticed the rear calipers dont have the S emblem like others Ive seen.

    Is there a reason for this?

    My cars rear calipers:


    Other cars with the S emblem:







    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  6. #6
    Senior Member Three Rings TurboQuattroPwr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 28 2006
    AZ Member #
    12111
    Location
    Delaware
    Items for Sale

    Bump again....still have not received a response to this inquiry.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2018 Audi S4 3.0T
    18% Tint, CquartzPro Ceramic Coating

    2002 Audi A4 1.8TQM *Gone*

  7. #7
    Senior Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Apr 05 2015
    AZ Member #
    325181
    My Garage
    '86 Porsche 944, '73 Dodge Charger, '07 Audi RS4, '01 Audi S4
    Location
    Urbana ,MD

    I work at an audi dealer and went out to the lot. I can confirm that the 2 s4's we had with red calipers have the cover.

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Senior Member Three Rings TurboQuattroPwr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 28 2006
    AZ Member #
    12111
    Location
    Delaware
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan_G View Post
    I work at an audi dealer and went out to the lot. I can confirm that the 2 s4's we had with red calipers have the cover.

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Thanks for checking Dan....not sure why this is. Still waiting on our resident Audi official to respond.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2018 Audi S4 3.0T
    18% Tint, CquartzPro Ceramic Coating

    2002 Audi A4 1.8TQM *Gone*

  9. #9
    Established Member Two Rings joe biker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 11 2016
    AZ Member #
    380661
    Location
    vero beach,florida

    Do you have the sport diff ?


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  10. #10
    Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    396205
    Location
    Auburn Hills, MI

    Just so everyone is aware, 2018 S4s with the S Sport Package are supposed to come included with the S logo on the front and rear calipers. There was a malfunction at the dealership but we are in the process of ordering new parts to make the necessary adjustments. Hopefully this helps clear things up a little bit.
    Vincenzo F.

    Audi Social Community Manager

  11. #11
    Veteran Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 29 2010
    AZ Member #
    65019
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Items for Sale

    Mine has no S logo's on the rear as well. Purchased the car on 10/12.

    Is this something that I need to contact my local dealer about?
    Previous: 2013 Audi S4 P+
    Current:

    2016 BMW F80 M3 (YMB)
    2018 B9 Audi S4
    My Instagram

  12. #12
    Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    396205
    Location
    Auburn Hills, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by mpower3o2 View Post
    Mine has no S logo's on the rear as well. Purchased the car on 10/12.

    Is this something that I need to contact my local dealer about?
    Correct, we would advise speaking with your local dealership. They will need to verify (based on your VIN) that your vehicle should have come equipped with the logo on the calipers and then make the necessary adjustments. Please feel free to PM me if you have any additional questions.
    Vincenzo F.

    Audi Social Community Manager

  13. #13
    Veteran Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 29 2010
    AZ Member #
    65019
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by Audi USA View Post
    Correct, we would advise speaking with your local dealership. They will need to verify (based on your VIN) that your vehicle should have come equipped with the logo on the calipers and then make the necessary adjustments. Please feel free to PM me if you have any additional questions.
    Can I send you my VIN to have it verified? Would like to make sure I have everything together prior to going to see my advisor.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Previous: 2013 Audi S4 P+
    Current:

    2016 BMW F80 M3 (YMB)
    2018 B9 Audi S4
    My Instagram

  14. #14
    Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    396205
    Location
    Auburn Hills, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by mpower3o2 View Post
    Can I send you my VIN to have it verified? Would like to make sure I have everything together prior to going to see my advisor.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Of course that would be great. Send me a PM with your VIN and contact info and we can make sure you are all set.

    Thank you,
    Vincenzo F.

    Audi Social Community Manager

  15. #15
    Veteran Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 29 2010
    AZ Member #
    65019
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by Audi USA View Post
    Of course that would be great. Send me a PM with your VIN and contact info and we can make sure you are all set.

    Thank you,
    PM sent!
    Previous: 2013 Audi S4 P+
    Current:

    2016 BMW F80 M3 (YMB)
    2018 B9 Audi S4
    My Instagram

  16. #16
    Registered Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Dec 13 2017
    AZ Member #
    411106
    Location
    Seattle

    Hello,

    Was anyone able to get this addressed? Same deal for me and I purchased my car after Thanksgiving and I am pretty sure it was a recent stateside arrival. My sales person says it is a factory issue and has a ping out to his Audi rep but he hasn't heard back. I bought my car out of state so I'm limited to phone and email communication. I'll send my VIN to Audi USA for good measure. Such a strange issue....I actually found this thread after I noticed it on my car and did a Google image search to see what it was supposed to look like. The first result that looked like mine brought me here!


  17. #17
    Senior Member Three Rings TurboQuattroPwr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 28 2006
    AZ Member #
    12111
    Location
    Delaware
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by mynaz View Post
    Hello,

    Was anyone able to get this addressed? Same deal for me and I purchased my car after Thanksgiving and I am pretty sure it was a recent stateside arrival. My sales person says it is a factory issue and has a ping out to his Audi rep but he hasn't heard back. I bought my car out of state so I'm limited to phone and email communication. I'll send my VIN to Audi USA for good measure. Such a strange issue....I actually found this thread after I noticed it on my car and did a Google image search to see what it was supposed to look like. The first result that looked like mine brought me here!

    Yes, Audi was able to rectify this issue. The dealer got the correct plates for me.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2018 Audi S4 3.0T
    18% Tint, CquartzPro Ceramic Coating

    2002 Audi A4 1.8TQM *Gone*

  18. #18
    Established Member Two Rings S3 lover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 07 2016
    AZ Member #
    387744
    Location
    Glendale, CA

    Just went to my dealer today and they ordered the part necessary. Should be here in 10 days, its coming from Germany.

  19. #19
    Established Member Two Rings dbuxton13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 20 2016
    AZ Member #
    372106
    Location
    Germany

    Are the covers just a plastic part that snaps into place? Anyone have part numbers for them? I'm in a bit of a difficult spot, since I am US military stationed in Germany my car is US-Spec, so I don't really have a "dealer" to work with on this. There is no difference between US and German parts though (at least for this), so if I knew what number to ask for I could see about ordering from a German dealer. I think I am probably out of luck getting these taken care of "for free." I ordered the car from Military Auto Source, so I will check with them to see if I have any options to address this, but again I think having part numbers will help.
    B9 S4

  20. #20
    Established Member Two Rings dbuxton13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 20 2016
    AZ Member #
    372106
    Location
    Germany

    Bumping for reply... TO: anyone who had this corrected by a dealer (or to the Audi Social Community Manager), can you please post the part numbers? I'm trying to get this worked out for a US-Spec car purchased overseas that is missing them, part numbers would be a HUGE help. Thanks!
    B9 S4

  21. #21
    Registered Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Dec 13 2017
    AZ Member #
    411106
    Location
    Seattle

    Quote Originally Posted by dbuxton13 View Post
    Bumping for reply... TO: anyone who had this corrected by a dealer (or to the Audi Social Community Manager), can you please post the part numbers? I'm trying to get this worked out for a US-Spec car purchased overseas that is missing them, part numbers would be a HUGE help. Thanks!
    I still haven't gotten this resolved myself but when I do I'll share the part #s if you don't beat me to it.

  22. #22
    Established Member Two Rings dbuxton13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 20 2016
    AZ Member #
    372106
    Location
    Germany

    Has anyone actually had these installed yet? Could you post a photo? I went to the local German Audi dealer and they ordered in the rear brake dust covers, but I don't see any way to install them. So I called the Seattle Audi Dealer (4701 11th Ave. NE) thinking that they must have already dealt with this, and after talking it over with their parts consultant (a very nice and responsive guy, much impressed), the mystery deepens. He sent me the following parts diagram for the rear brakes:



    However, this is a photo of my rear brakes (they look like all of yours):



    The part the German Audi dealer gave me is two of the #10, which is a dust cover with the S emblem, and 2 bushings to attach it. The diagram shows 2 holes, but our brakes don't have those holes.

    Moreover, if you look at our brake assembly there appears to be two bracket inserts at the top and bottom, roughly 12 centimeters apart. I had assumed those would be the attachment points for whatever this part is supposed to be.

    So for those of you that have had this corrected, can you show us a picture of what it looks like? Or how it attaches? Is there another part, or did they have to drill holes into the metal? I'm quite perplexed by all this, and I'm out 77 Euros just for those stupid dust covers since they don't seem to understand or care that this is a brand new car, just because it is US-spec.
    Last edited by dbuxton13; 01-04-2018 at 03:07 PM.
    B9 S4

  23. #23
    Established Member Two Rings dbuxton13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 20 2016
    AZ Member #
    372106
    Location
    Germany

    The lack of response in this Audi Customer Experience thread is disconcerting. Does ANYONE have the correct 'S' brake covers on their rear calipers? If so, can you please post a quick photo of it? How was this issue corrected?

    Is there a manufacturing problem with these? Why are most missing them? Why isn't this being addressed? The Audi parts department from a dealer has been unable to respond with more than a "we're looking into it." Frustration growing.
    B9 S4

  24. #24
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Dec 01 2017
    AZ Member #
    410581
    Location
    Dallas

    Quote Originally Posted by dbuxton13 View Post
    Has anyone actually had these installed yet? Could you post a photo? I went to the local German Audi dealer and they ordered in the rear brake dust covers, but I don't see any way to install them. So I called the Seattle Audi Dealer (4701 11th Ave. NE) thinking that they must have already dealt with this, and after talking it over with their parts consultant (a very nice and responsive guy, much impressed), the mystery deepens. He sent me the following parts diagram for the rear brakes:



    However, this is a photo of my rear brakes (they look like all of yours):



    The part the German Audi dealer gave me is two of the #10, which is a dust cover with the S emblem, and 2 bushings to attach it. The diagram shows 2 holes, but our brakes don't have those holes.

    Moreover, if you look at our brake assembly there appears to be two bracket inserts at the top and bottom, roughly 12 centimeters apart. I had assumed those would be the attachment points for whatever this part is supposed to be.

    So for those of you that have had this corrected, can you show us a picture of what it looks like? Or how it attaches? Is there another part, or did they have to drill holes into the metal? I'm quite perplexed by all this, and I'm out 77 Euros just for those stupid dust covers since they don't seem to understand or care that this is a brand new car, just because it is US-spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbuxton13 View Post
    The lack of response in this Audi Customer Experience thread is disconcerting. Does ANYONE have the correct 'S' brake covers on their rear calipers? If so, can you please post a quick photo of it? How was this issue corrected?

    Is there a manufacturing problem with these? Why are most missing them? Why isn't this being addressed? The Audi parts department from a dealer has been unable to respond with more than a "we're looking into it." Frustration growing.
    Thank you for providing the diagram with the correct parts that are missing. I'm trying to gather as much information as I can before I go to the dealer.

    The strange this is that I've yet to come across a S5/S5 Sportback that have had theirs missing but I have seen many S4's with them not installed.

    I'm a little worried it wont be a simple retrofit. Its a little unsettling to see in the diagram that the plate is affixed into holes in the calipers which we clearly don't have. Hoping someone with the plate in place submits a close up so can have a better understanding of what's going on.

  25. #25
    Established Member Two Rings dbuxton13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 20 2016
    AZ Member #
    372106
    Location
    Germany

    ...crickets...

    Hello, is this thing on?
    B9 S4

  26. #26
    Registered Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Dec 02 2017
    AZ Member #
    410648
    Location
    Colorado

    I've been watching this with interest as I'm currently going through the process to get the S covers for my car, purchased in late November. My dealer has verified that the S covers should have come on the car and ordered the parts.(4 weeks ago) I was told the parts had arrived and they were supposed to be installed while I had the car in getting some other dealer installed options added on. Got a call the day before I was supposed to pick the car up that the parts had not actually arrived, and that they were going to overnight the only pair in North America, install them and the car would be ready for pickup the next day. I check in the following morning and then was told that the other dealership had refused to release the parts. So, they're on order and supposed to arrive in another week. I'm not holding my breath.

    Obviously Audi is well aware that this is a huge fuckup. I still haven't been able to ascertain whether this is a full caliper replacement, or just the covers. All I'm sure of is that there are a whole lot of S4's without the covers and that the proper parts are in very short supply.

  27. #27
    Senior Member Three Rings TurboQuattroPwr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 28 2006
    AZ Member #
    12111
    Location
    Delaware
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by dbuxton13 View Post
    Bumping for reply... TO: anyone who had this corrected by a dealer (or to the Audi Social Community Manager), can you please post the part numbers? I'm trying to get this worked out for a US-Spec car purchased overseas that is missing them, part numbers would be a HUGE help. Thanks!
    Plates and clips are both metal. Sent you an IM. Part info is below:




    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2018 Audi S4 3.0T
    18% Tint, CquartzPro Ceramic Coating

    2002 Audi A4 1.8TQM *Gone*

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2018 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.