Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Veteran Member Four Rings CELison's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by astondan4 View Post
    Do you know what FATS times you are getting with the set up? If you are even recording them.
    2.8 with 2 ppl in the car and all our shit. Temps were about 85.
    B5 S4- K24s, built bottom end, E85
    B8 S4- GIAC Stage 2, E85/93

Senior Member Two Rings astondan4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001.5 S4 built RS6-R 6spd E85

Nice. Just about done tuning with Blake on mine and did a 2.6 with just me but with 3 people would be close to yours or a little higher. E85 is the best.

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

cripes... 2.6 here on 100octane, 2.75 on 94/meth... all by my lonesome... 2.8 with a full load? car must be quick.

Veteran Member Four Rings FlyboyS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001 S4, 2004 MSM MX-5

Quote Originally Posted by tasinb5s4 View Post
    Have few coworkers running TTE's on there 4 cyl vw
    I personally Healp them install it
    They beating on it for a while now 20-30 k I belive with no problems
    Pretty quality product all around .
    Howower I'm Not running TTE or SRM turbos
    I love my BW rs6 ''s don't plan on anything different .
    Clearly you are free to give your opinion, but it is very weak justification for claiming one product is better than another.
    Stock -> APR Stg1/2 -> GIAC Stg2 -> K04 -> 605 -> F4H -> K03 -> K04 -> F21MF -> TTE550 -> K04 -> TC Stg1 -> BW RS6 (On deck)
    MyAudiS4.com

Registered Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by S4James View Post
    Been running my car in half mile events on runways this summer. Plus several mexican races getting up into the 180mph range. No issues. Well, other than my rear axles getting lumpy. dammit. that must be the turbos fault.
    I am at 35 psi, and we are not in US where you get killed by cops once they stop you at high speed. Lots of very good high speed roads.
    This is basicly every day car treatment. Not to forgett ofc flying km we attend several times a year.
    Last edited by Mocke; 10-12-2017 at 04:24 AM.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by FlyboyS4 View Post
    Why? You're the one who's made the claim, provide some evidence to back it up. I don't know the failure rate of the 780's, and apparently nor do you.

Since you don't know something as basic as the product failure rate you don't have the information necessary to begin to claim that one is more reliable than the other.

Bc, every single meaning anybody writes - you want some proof of, even down to such basic things as we need to prove that we breath air.
    And yes there are K24s failing. It has been raported on FB sites. Those threads quickly get delited as Sean is friends with admins who has benefits. I have seen myself 4/5 i delt with and the 5th swiched WGs for oem RS4s. Two blown , two WG failiours.
    And yes - you have to prove yourself claiming that simpel rebranded China product is equal superior quality.
    It is an insult to product such as TTE provide. This is the whole point you guys are running. As long you keep on pushing it hard with this SRM promo, masses will accept it eventually.

As said above -

TTE= overpriced - but quality
    SRM = valet friendly - exept it for what it is, but do not compare two.

OP

I am also intrested in some data of this run.
    Any FATs? 62-125? As it looks in video it is like around 8sec. This is measured with Me7 logger. Would you share?
    Last edited by Mocke; 10-12-2017 at 05:37 AM.

Registered User Two Rings RS6Tuner's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I see some incorrect statements regarding our TTE780 upgrade turbos so here is the few key facts of the turbos.

TTE780 Key Points

Genuine BorgWarner RS4 compressor housings and key components
    Ported discharge outlets and compressor cover coated in Hi-Temp black paint
    Genuine BorgWarner RS6 exhaust housings CNC ported & modified
    Genuine BorgWarner RS4 Bearing housings
    TTE Latest Billet compressor geometry (TTE proprietary)
    Genuine BorgWarner K16 Turbine, Special Curved Clipped & lightened
    TTE Reinforced Motorsport bearing system (made in Germany)
    Genuine BorgWarner Modified reinforced and synchronised actuators, coated in Hi-Temp red paint
    TTE CNC Billet 58mm inlets (Viton O-Ring seals inc)
    Single parts are finely balanced then components are stacked and balanced again and then the core assembled and high-speed VSR balanced
    Supplied with a serial numbered VRS high-speed balance test document for each turbocharger

Designed, Machined & Built, Balanced by TTE in Germany

We do our best to create products that satisfy all our user needs in the best possible way and focus on quality.

Im not here to bash SRM its a product that works as proven by many or do I wish to compare against. You guys can do that...

AZ Member #

No disrepect intended but aside from naming the source of your exhaust turbine, my assumptions about the compressor and bearing assemblies hasn't been addressed. But thats cool. I have no qualms about how companies source things globally now and they are under no requirement to divulge anythign to us.. And the quality is clearly out there. I think your prices are NUTS but I can see thats partly due to using modified BW parts and those are not only getting rare, but they themselves are expensive as all hell. Certainly a market for it though.

And I appreciate how you don't engage in the petty back and forth that certain idiots engage in (like me!). Having a premium product out there like yours serves an important function. It keeps community expectations of standards high. And forces the budget market to strive for higher standards themselves.

I dont want you or anyone thinking im bashing your products. On the contrary, If I had the money they would certainly be on my list...

AZ Member #

They're just 17 yr old toys...I don't take my car seriously enough to care about times or try to record them. I just like jumping on the highway when no one is around and giving it the berries.
    B5 S4- K24s, built bottom end, E85
    B8 S4- GIAC Stage 2, E85/93

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by S4James View Post
    No disrepect intended but aside from naming the source of your exhaust turbine, my assumptions about the compressor and bearing assemblies hasn't been addressed. But thats cool. I have no qualms about how companies source things globally now and they are under no requirement to divulge anythign to us.. And the quality is clearly out there. I think your prices are NUTS but I can see thats partly due to using modified BW parts and those are not only getting rare, but they themselves are expensive as all hell. Certainly a market for it though.

And I appreciate how you don't engage in the petty back and forth that certain idiots engage in (like me!). Having a premium product out there like yours serves an important function. It keeps community expectations of standards high. And forces the budget market to strive for higher standards themselves.

I dont want you or anyone thinking im bashing your products. On the contrary, If I had the money they would certainly be on my list...
    Just know one thing I honestly belileve there is more net profit in aftermarket far easten turbo options like im compared too, as im offered the housing and cores at crazy low prices. What we do takes much time and effort and costs are far greater, due to use of genuine components and the little extras not even noticed.

TTE780 did use Genuine BorgWarner compressors say only upto 6month ago but we was modding and improving them to suit our needs and it was a costly process. So now we have made in the same config/design but are pre-machined and balanced to a standard before we again improve. Mostly to reduce time and thats important as we only have small man power.

Bearings are our own design and made in Germany. We do machine and make parts as have 3 CNC mills 2 CNC lathes and manual lathes so on, but its not economic to make and better to farm out to pure cnc tooled shopps doing nothing but machining

We are only a small shop of 6 guys and 1 lady. We do need profit to continue and keep moving on and improving and investing to make upgrades. We are not making millions we like most small company's, we struggle and fight to survive and are only here if we are doing what people want.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001 S4, 2004 MSM MX-5

Quote Originally Posted by Mocke View Post
    Bc, every single meaning anybody writes - you want some proof of, even down to such basic things as we need to prove that we breath air.
    And yes there are K24s failing. It has been raported on FB sites. Those threads quickly get delited as Sean is friends with admins who has benefits. I have seen myself 4/5 i delt with and the 5th swiched WGs for oem RS4s. Two blown , two WG failiours.
    And yes - you have to prove yourself claiming that simpel rebranded China product is equal superior quality.
    It is an insult to product such as TTE provide. This is the whole point you guys are running. As long you keep on pushing it hard with this SRM promo, masses will accept it eventually.
    Posts on FB? You've established that the reliability of the 780's is greater than the RS6/K24 because you saw reports on Facebook? You are being very lenient with what you accept for proof of performance.

What percentage of total sales of the RS6/K24 turbos do those failures comprise? Do you know the cause of failure, i.e. improper installation, secondary failure following other component failure, etc? How do the numbers compare with the 780? Do 780 users even post on FB so you can gather comparison statistics?
    Stock -> APR Stg1/2 -> GIAC Stg2 -> K04 -> 605 -> F4H -> K03 -> K04 -> F21MF -> TTE550 -> K04 -> TC Stg1 -> BW RS6 (On deck)
    MyAudiS4.com

AZ Member #

Posts on FB? You've established that the reliability of the 780's is greater than the RS6/K24 because you saw reports on Facebook? You are being very lenient with what you accept for proof of performance.

What percentage of total sales of the RS6/K24 turbos do those failures comprise? Do you know the cause of failure, i.e. improper installation, secondary failure following other component failure, etc? How do the numbers compare with the 780? Do 780 users even post on FB so you can gather comparison statistics?
    Answer the question you have been asked!! How many TTE780s have you seen or heard fail? You are claiming that 1/3th of a price product such as SRM K24 is equal TTEs high price product 780s. Somebody is lying here. Either you are full of s..t or TTE is according to you.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001 S4, 2004 MSM MX-5

Answer the question you have been asked!! How many TTE780s have you seen or heard fail? You are claiming that 1/3th of a price product such as SRM K24 is equal TTEs high price product 780s. Somebody is lying here. Either you are full of s..t or TTE is according to you.
    I don't recall hearing of a set of 780's failing. (I don't pay too much attention to what products other people use, you apparently use them, which makes you the one person I am now aware of using them. So of the one set I know of in use, that one has presumably not failed. The same can be said for a number of other aftermarket turbo offerings, I've not heard of an SRM K04 failure, nor a Turboconcepts product failure, nor JHM, nor ProjectB5. Let's not forget, I have not claimed to know which product is more reliable, you were the one making that claim.)

I am NOT claiming the SRM product is equal to the TTE product, I am not making any claims about either product. I asked how much better the 780 was and what evidence there was that the 780 is better, those were YOUR claims. You've left the first unanswered (I guess that earns you some !!) and the second you answered with 'Facebook' posts. I've explained that I find Facebook to be an inadequate source for product reliability information.

It is clear that you have no real evidence, or if you do you're further eroding any credibility you have by withholding it. The bottom line remains, I have not been shown any evidence that the TTE turbo outperforms the SRM turbo in any capacity, including reliability.
    MyAudiS4.com

Senior Member Three Rings insomniacxp1's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    01.5 B5 S4

Quote Originally Posted by CELison View Post
    They're just 17 yr old toys...I don't take my car seriously enough to care about times or try to record them. I just like jumping on the highway when no one is around and giving it the berries.
    This x1000
    01.5 Imola S4. Stage 3 F21's/To much to list

Senior Member Two Rings astondan4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001.5 S4 built RS6-R 6spd E85

Agree as well.

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

I don't recall hearing of a set of 780's failing. (I don't pay too much attention to what products other people use, you apparently use them, which makes you the one person I am now aware of using them. So of the one set I know of in use, that one has presumably not failed. The same can be said for a number of other aftermarket turbo offerings, I've not heard of an SRM K04 failure, nor a Turboconcepts product failure, nor JHM, nor ProjectB5. Let's not forget, I have not claimed to know which product is more reliable, you were the one making that claim.)

I am NOT claiming the SRM product is equal to the TTE product, I am not making any claims about either product. I asked how much better the 780 was and what evidence there was that the 780 is better, those were YOUR claims. You've left the first unanswered (I guess that earns you some !!) and the second you answered with 'Facebook' posts. I've explained that I find Facebook to be an inadequate source for product reliability information.

It is clear that you have no real evidence, or if you do you're further eroding any credibility you have by withholding it. The bottom line remains, I have not been shown any evidence that the TTE turbo outperforms the SRM turbo in any capacity, including reliability.
    So let me get this straight......Tial 770's are similar in capabilities to TTE780's in regards to absolute flow on the cold side........and you are claiming that the 780's perform no better in terms of max flow/power than the SRM24's, which means that the SRM 24's perform on par with Tial770's?.... you must be one of those "Hillary in a land slide " experts........triple LOL@you...........maybe you should put your sun visors on the flow bench, they might out perform all of the above .

Veteran Member Four Rings redline380's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    3 B5's
    Items for Sale

Am I the only one to notice revs shooting up during shifting? I remember the first time I drove a manual...
    "The American people already know that Bill Clinton is a bad boy, a naughty boy. I'm going to speak out for the citizens of my state who in the majority think that Bill Clinton is probably even a nasty, bad, naughty boy." Former Senator Idaho Senator Larry Craig, the man with a wide stance.

2001 A4 1.8TQMS Mods- GT2871R, Maestro, All things that are good.
    2000 A4 Avant 1.8TQMS- Daily Driver
    2000 S4- Working?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001 S4, 2004 MSM MX-5

Quote Originally Posted by Drehmoment View Post
    So let me get this straight......Tial 770's are similar in capabilities to TTE780's in regards to absolute flow on the cold side........and you are claiming that the 780's perform no better in terms of max flow/power than the SRM24's, which means that the SRM 24's perform on par with Tial770's?.... you must be one of those "Hillary in a land slide " experts........triple LOL@you...........maybe you should put your sun visors on the flow bench, they might out perform all of the above .
    1) 'Tial 770's are similar in capabilities to TTE780's in regards to absolute flow on the cold side'

I am not aware of that being true or false, what information is this based upon?

2) 'and you are claiming that the 780's perform no better in terms of max flow/power than the SRM24's'

I never made that claim. I said I have not been shown any evidence that the TTE product outperforms the SRM product. I'd like to believe that for 3x the cost it does perform better, if it does, it would be nice to get an idea of how much more performance the extra $3,500 is buying.
    MyAudiS4.com

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=256CX6RI-oE

AZ Member #

I Think you are paying attention - you are just playing dumb where it suits you. You asked me for logs on TTE780s vs oem RS6 turbos a year ago. You got them as well. Besides, there are lots of ppl running them by now. It is all over webz. You are also respectless to a fact that i pointed out above that i have personally seen 4/5 SRM K24s fail, where the 5th uses oem B&W WGs besides other rapportings. This leeds me to one conclusion only - You are limited in some way in your head, or you are playing dumb with banding and turning answers upside down. You are just full of shit. I Think it is the later option here.
    You lack common sence. Which is simply - if things look like shit dont poke in it - you will get shit on your hands.
    Either way - discussing with you is a waste of time. Get a Life.

AZ Member #

He is working his way down. Soon TTE780s will be compared to Straight out from Chicu Chong 300 dollar turbos.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001 S4, 2004 MSM MX-5

I Think you are paying attention - you are just playing dumb where it suits you. You asked me for logs on TTE780s vs oem RS6 turbos a year ago. You got them as well. Besides, there are lots of ppl running them by now. It is all over webz. You are also respectless to a fact that i pointed out above that i have personally seen 4/5 SRM K24s fail, where the 5th uses oem B&W WGs besides other rapportings. This leeds me to one conclusion only - You are limited in some way in your head, or you are playing dumb with banding and turning answers upside down. You are just full of shit. I Think it is the later option here.
    You lack common sence. Which is simply - if things look like shit dont poke in it - you will get shit on your hands.
    Either way - discussing with you is a waste of time. Get a Life.
    Yes I saw your logs of BW RS6 & 780 - a subject unable to resolve the question in the present comparison but I'll take up your off topic point for a moment. I saw some of the slowest spooling RS6 turbo's (#Tunedbymocke) I have ever seen data for with your logs (and that chart then became part of the promotional thread on Audi-Sport.net for TTE highlighting how the 780 spools on par with RS6's). I don't believe that is representative of how BW RS6 turbos spool up, it contradicts data I have on a number of RS6 turbo equipped cars.

Some of the data you have generated is unconvincing, but at least it is something to review. Taking what you say at face value isn't going to cut it, presenting some data that I can evaluate is more likely to be convince me, but even then it will need to stand up to scrutiny.

Your conclusion about me is irrelevant to how the turbocharger products perform. What matters is how the two products perform, and loathing SRM and adoring TTE does not to alter how the turbochargers perform, but it can influence a biased persons willingness to seek out objective data. You have provided zero credible data on the subject, or at the least *I* find it lacking credibility, others may be convinced by your personal opinions, I'm not. If you choose to continue presenting your opinions as fact then you are likely to find continuing dialog with me to be frustrating, I'm not swayed by the weakly supported opinions you have.

For me determining product reliability takes more than seeing a couple of posts on Facebook. You seem to have a lower standard, that difference in opinion of what is credible information is why this discussion is continuing to go around in circles. You made a claim, I challenged it, and you have done little to make a convincing argument that you are right.
    MyAudiS4.com

AZ Member #

data

AZ Member #

Many say the TTE780 match PJRS6 on spool and boost onset. Kemal's info and data is what others see and its very good info. I do share others results that have shared info and data. I even got new results today from another customer and will update that thread on Audisport Flyboy mentions tonight: http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads...6-2-7t.234835/

There's interesting data on page 2 of that link showing dyno comparison vs our range of turbos
    Last edited by RS6Tuner; 10-14-2017 at 09:50 AM.

AZ Member #

1) 'Tial 770's are similar in capabilities to TTE780's in regards to absolute flow on the cold side'

I am not aware of that being true or false, what information is this based upon?

2) 'and you are claiming that the 780's perform no better in terms of max flow/power than the SRM24's'

I never made that claim. I said I have not been shown any evidence that the TTE product outperforms the SRM product. I'd like to believe that for 3x the cost it does perform better, if it does, it would be nice to get an idea of how much more performance the extra $3,500 is buying.

I am not giving out Compressor specs on TTE/Tial so your Chicom buddies can copy it without any R&D...lets just say both flow about 47-49lb/min.........but I throw you a bone because it is a catalogue BW part,your beloved Chicom knock off copy of a copy SRM 24 uses a copy cat RS6 KO4 turbine wheel with a copied OEM spec exducer/Inducer of 44.4mm/50mm in a poorly casted RS6KO4 knock off housing......TTE 780's using or at least used to use a clipped BW /Porsche K 16 49.1mm/55mm Exducer/Inducer turbine wheel in a CNC enlarged OEM RS6 KO4 housing and turbo 101 is that ultimate cold side perfor,mance is determent by the turbine and thats why OEM manufacturers usually when upgrading turbos install a larger turbine first and leave the cold side alone.

AZ Member #

I am not giving out Compressor specs on TTE/Tial so your Chicom buddies can copy it without any R&D...lets just say both flow about 47-49lb/min.........but I throw you a bone because it is a catalogue BW part,your beloved Chicom knock off copy of a copy SRM 24 uses a copy cat RS6 KO4 turbine wheel with a copied OEM spec exducer/Inducer of 44.4mm/50mm in a poorly casted RS6KO4 knock off housing......TTE 780's using or at least used to use a clipped BW /Porsche K 16 49.1mm/55mm Exducer/Inducer turbine wheel in a CNC enlarged OEM RS6 KO4 housing and turbo 101 is that ultimate cold side perfor,mance is determent by the turbine and thats why OEM manufacturers usually when upgrading turbos install a larger turbine first and leave the cold side alone.
    Id say about 50% of that statement is nonsense. Aside from the baseless assumptions of quality, you didn't even get the specs right.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001 S4, 2004 MSM MX-5

I wasn't asking for the turbo specs, you referred to 'absolute flow on the cold side' and I thought you had something other than a theoretical basis for the statement. Based on catalog numbers I'm inclined to think the 780 will move more air than the RS6/K24, I am more interested to see what happens when the two are compared and measured on a vehicle than a spec sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by RS6Tuner View Post
    Many say the TTE780 match PJRS6 on spool and boost onset. Kemal's info and data is what others see and its very good info. I do share others results that have shared info and data. I even got new results today from another customer and will update that thread on Audisport Flyboy mentions tonight: http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads...6-2-7t.234835/

There's interesting data on page 2 of that link showing dyno comparison vs our range of turbos
    Of course it's very good info, you're marketing The Turbo Engineers products and trying to sell people on it, how could something that appears to reflect well on your product not be very good info?

Between you coming into the thread to advertise your products and the folks throwing TiAL's and BW RS6's into the mix the point I made from the start is being crowded out, that being, for $1695 the SRM RS6/K24 is a helluva bang for the buck. The larger TTE780 *might* perform better in some aspects, and how it compares in terms of quality is also still unresolved, but what is known is that the TTE780 costs $5252, so there is about a $3,500 premium for the TTE product that is certain, and for that nobody has demonstrated what performance benefit the buyer gets.
    MyAudiS4.com

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    06 9-3 Aero 2.8T, 96 Miata
    Items for Sale

And now for $2500 you can get RS6 housings with Garret gt28rs CHRAs....

AZ Member #

I wasn't asking for the turbo specs, you referred to 'absolute flow on the cold side' and I thought you had something other than a theoretical basis for the statement. Based on catalog numbers I'm inclined to think the 780 will move more air than the RS6/K24, I am more interested to see what happens when the two are compared and measured on a vehicle than a spec sheet.

Of course it's very good info, you're marketing The Turbo Engineers products and trying to sell people on it, how could something that appears to reflect well on your product not be very good info?

Between you coming into the thread to advertise your products and the folks throwing TiAL's and BW RS6's into the mix the point I made from the start is being crowded out, that being, for $1695 the SRM RS6/K24 is a helluva bang for the buck. The larger TTE780 *might* perform better in some aspects, and how it compares in terms of quality is also still unresolved, but what is known is that the TTE780 costs $5252, so there is about a $3,500 premium for the TTE product that is certain, and for that nobody has demonstrated what performance benefit the buyer gets.
    In essence you are still claiming that Tial 770's which in FACT have similar specs to the TTE780's perform the same as the SRM 24's..............the last time I checked Tial 770's are around 5k.........are you giving us the $$ speech on those too or does it not fit your narrative ?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001 S4, 2004 MSM MX-5

In essence you are still claiming that Tial 770's which in FACT have similar specs to the TTE780's perform the same as the SRM 24's..............the last time I checked Tial 770's are around 5k.........are you giving us the $$ speech on those too or does it not fit your narrative ?
    If that's what you took from that post that is not what I was claiming. I have not claimed that the 780's perform the same as SRM RS6/K24's. Also, I've not talked about the 770's at all in this thread. I'll go off on a tangent and talk about them versus the 780 since you seem to want to.

I don't agree that they are similar, 780 and 770. According to the post above from TTE they use:

TTE Latest Billet compressor geometry (TTE proprietary)

That sounds to me like the asian parts catalog source since TTE calls out every other piece of BW equipment used in the turbo.

770's use the HTZ-2868 compressor wheel.

TTE is clipping the turbine wheel, not how you'd build a part for a specific purpose. 770's use the NS111 wheel without clipping.

Then we have the Xona BB center versus what appears to be the 780 jb center.

I would not describe the two as having similar specs.

TTE 780 $5252

TiAL 770 $4620 (which also includes oil supply lines, actuator signal lines, actuator pressure lines, and coolant supply lines)

So for the extra $600 that the 780 costs what benefits does the 780 provide over the 770?
    MyAudiS4.com

AZ Member #

I didnít come to this thread to Advertise at all only to correct a few points raised that are incorrect about our product. The info on that link/thread you did first mention are not sponsored cars or is the information. The dynoís and results are from real owners and shops that are independent. Some results are great, some not so, I do just share as requested or I ask if I can, 100-200 - 1/4 Miles, dynoís and logs is there make of it as you wish as you do.

No doubt SRM offers itís turbos at a very economical price point.

AZ Member #

Yes I saw your logs of BW RS6 & 780 - a subject unable to resolve the question in the present comparison but I'll take up your off topic point for a moment. I saw some of the slowest spooling RS6 turbo's (#Tunedbymocke) I have ever seen data for with your logs (and that chart then became part of the promotional thread on Audi-Sport.net for TTE highlighting how the 780 spools on par with RS6's). I don't believe that is representative of how BW RS6 turbos spool up, it contradicts data I have on a number of RS6 turbo equipped cars.

Some of the data you have generated is unconvincing, but at least it is something to review. Taking what you say at face value isn't going to cut it, presenting some data that I can evaluate is more likely to be convince me, but even then it will need to stand up to scrutiny.

Your conclusion about me is irrelevant to how the turbocharger products perform. What matters is how the two products perform, and loathing SRM and adoring TTE does not to alter how the turbochargers perform, but it can influence a biased persons willingness to seek out objective data. You have provided zero credible data on the subject, or at the least *I* find it lacking credibility, others may be convinced by your personal opinions, I'm not. If you choose to continue presenting your opinions as fact then you are likely to find continuing dialog with me to be frustrating, I'm not swayed by the weakly supported opinions you have.

For me determining product reliability takes more than seeing a couple of posts on Facebook. You seem to have a lower standard, that difference in opinion of what is credible information is why this discussion is continuing to go around in circles. You made a claim, I challenged it, and you have done little to make a convincing argument that you are right.

The data taken is direct back to back comparison on the same car and as possible similar conditions.
    Slowest spooled?
    This is not an S4 - This is RS4 - totaly different car. Big port heads, bigger cams......etc this is common knowledge.
    If the data for RS6 turbos is slow spooling, that that would effect TTE780 setup and it would slow spool as well which is not.
    How many RS6 equipped RS4s have you seen data on?
    How many RS4 TTE780 cars spool data have you seen?
    How many RS4 setup coparisons have you seen back to back, same car - diff setups - data?
    Better question is, How many RS6 turbo equipped cars you personally have expirince with?
    How many TTE780 cars you personaly have expirince with?
    Have you ever done anything to an RS4 B5?
    Have you ever been even Close to an RS4 or even seen one?

Let me answer this for you:

None
    None
    None
    None
    None
    None
    Maybe, maybe - most likely none and none.

You are going to talk about spool and tuning?? I spoon fed your dumb ass in Emails how this is done in Me7.
    You should keep quite and listen. You may learn something.

This RS4 had new RS6 turbos. Did 2.18 Fats on rs tranny which is 2.4, 2.5 fats S4 tranny - extremly fast. I have never seen faster. Besides there is Another S4 here which i also have tuned with posted FATs results on RS6 turbos and S4 tranny. Doing 2.54 Fats.

You are once again respectless to facts. That is why you are waste of time. At this Point i do not understand why is anybody debating with such respectless person as you are.

Just for the record - I am not promoting anything TTE sells. They are doing just fine themselfs.
    I am not even member on their forum, neither I am friend with Simon.
    I am just a customer with lots of work done with their Product.
    I was also the first person in Sweden that bought SRM K24s - second in Europe after a German guy. This was back in 2013.

Jeff don`t talk to me, I`v said this to you Before. Respect it!!

Senior Member Three Rings rguil's Avatar
    AZ Member #

The data taken is direct back to back comparison on the same car and as possible similar conditions.
    Slowest spooled?
    This is not an S4 - This is RS4 - totaly different car. Big port heads, bigger cams......etc this is common knowledge.
    If the data for RS6 turbos is slow spooling, that that would effect TTE780 setup and it would slow spool as well which is not.
    How many RS6 equipped RS4s have you seen data on?
    How many RS4 TTE780 cars spool data have you seen?
    How many RS4 setup coparisons have you seen back to back, same car - diff setups - data?
    Better question is, How many RS6 turbo equipped cars you personally have expirince with?
    How many TTE780 cars you personaly have expirince with?
    Have you ever done anything to an RS4 B5?
    Have you ever been even Close to an RS4 or even seen one?

Let me answer this for you:

None
    None
    None
    None
    None
    None
    Maybe, maybe - most likely none and none.

You are going to talk about spool and tuning?? I spoon fed your dumb ass in Emails how this is done in Me7.
    You should keep quite and listen. You may learn something.

This RS4 had new RS6 turbos. Did 2.18 Fats on rs tranny which is 2.4, 2.5 fats S4 tranny - extremly fast. I have never seen faster. Besides there is Another S4 here which i also have tuned with posted FATs results on RS6 turbos and S4 tranny. Doing 2.54 Fats.

You are once again respectless to facts. That is why you are waste of time. At this Point i do not understand why is anybody debating with such respectless person as you are.

Just for the record - I am not promoting anything TTE sells. They are doing just fine themselfs.
    I am not even member on their forum, neither I am friend with Simon.
    I am just a customer with lots of work done with their Product.
    I was also the first person in Sweden that bought SRM K24s - second in Europe after a German guy. This was back in 2013.

Jeff don`t talk to me, I`v said this to you Before. Respect it!!
    Damn, somebodys salty

I tightened it, told Sean to fuck off, then got back to driving
    Yeah i had to do the same on my b5 when i first got k24s, they wernt staying shut!
    b5 s4. k24, 2.8 heads, rods, meth, corn, gutted, custom standalone, rear radiator
    c5 a6 4.2
    4.2 touareg
    350$ 2.7t c5 a6, girlfriends whip
    Cls 63 sAMG 4Matic
    LP700-4 Aventador, ithaca verde
    52' Studebaker Pickup, Fully blueprinted original motor, hardened valve seats, 85 Horsepower!

Senior Member Three Rings insomniacxp1's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    01.5 B5 S4

Quote Originally Posted by redline380 View Post
    Am I the only one to notice revs shooting up during shifting? I remember the first time I drove a manual...
    CELIA ON you gonna let him talk to you like that lol
    01.5 Imola S4. Stage 3 F21's/To much to list

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    06 9-3 Aero 2.8T, 96 Miata
    Items for Sale

Somebody better put sum respek on this thread!

AZ Member #

Lol. I forgot how to drive stick

Veteran Member Four Rings redline380's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    3 B5's
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by insomniacxp1 View Post
    CELIA ON you gonna let him talk to you like that lol
    I miss the days when everyone would fight on AZ. Keep it going please. (not being sarcastic)
    "The American people already know that Bill Clinton is a bad boy, a naughty boy. I'm going to speak out for the citizens of my state who in the majority think that Bill Clinton is probably even a nasty, bad, naughty boy." Former Senator Idaho Senator Larry Craig, the man with a wide stance.

2001 A4 1.8TQMS Mods- GT2871R, Maestro, All things that are good.
    2000 A4 Avant 1.8TQMS- Daily Driver
    2000 S4- Working?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001 S4, 2004 MSM MX-5

Yes, I went back and looked again, I see that the reason it appeared slow was because you started at such a high engine speed. So what the chart shows is that if you punch it at a higher engine speed the 780 will spool up similar to the RS6. A point that is interesting, even encouraging, but completely unrelated to the subject of SRM & TTE reliability.

As for the stream of off topic questions, try to stay focused on what the discussion (at least my part) is about, the claims you have made about reliability of the RS6/K24 versus 780.

Quote Originally Posted by DieselElectric View Post
    And now for $2500 you can get RS6 housings with Garret gt28rs CHRAs....
    Good point, as I see it this further expands the value offerings from SRM.

Not that there's anything wrong with the TTE products, I'd just like to establish what type of performance benefits, if any, a consumer gets for spending an extra few thousand dollars.
    MyAudiS4.com

AZ Member #

Your own data are shown here http://www.myaudis4.com/2017/03/ Is quite interesting with regards to TTE780 vs PJRS6.

But I think you have HP and Torque mixed up on TTE780. So see correct graph bellow

There's a TTE780 car at 034 being finished just now. The car is being tuned on your various USA fuels and given in WHP so maybe of interested when completed. Owner is not out to set records so will be tuned with longterm use in mind. I will update the thread on Audisport Jeff once done.
    Last edited by RS6Tuner; 10-16-2017 at 04:10 AM.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001 S4, 2004 MSM MX-5

No Simon, that is not my own data, that chart was built on data that has been posted online by others, I did not record any of the data.

The RS3 curve is an estimate based on APR advertised results on an TT-RS.

The RS6 data is an average of 6 other peoples S4's dyno'd in the the U.S.

The TTE 780 data is from a single S4 that belongs to someone else.

As I said in the post accompanying the chart "I would have expected the BW RS6 to generate torque faster than the TTE780 and I attribute this unexpected outcome to the RS6 curve being the composite average of 6 different car dynoís. There is likely individual B5 S4ís with BW RS6 turboís that do generate torque faster than the TTE780 equipped S4, and therefore also the TT-RS."

Three of the six RS6 turbo equipped cars produced as much (1) or more (2) torque than that single 780 equipped S4. The TTE780 data is based on a dyno that presented bhp values and so I had to guess at a DTL to convert the results to whp so I could compare with the RS6.

The point of that post was not to compare the RS6 and TTE780 turbos, it was as stated: "Overall, while this is merely an academic exercise in predicting how the B5 S4 with RS6 turboís would compare to the not yet available RS3, Iím pleasantly surprised to see how well the old B5 S4 2.7T may compare to the latest release from Audi."

I like the 780 and think some of the results shown by it are promising, I also don't feel I have seen enough data from a typical S4 with 780s to gauge how it compares to the BW RS6, nor how it compares to the SRM RS6/K24, which is the point of my questions, how the SRM RS6/K24 compares to the TTE 780. Not that I was the one to start the comparison discussion between the two, we can thank Mocke for that distraction from the thread topic.
    MyAudiS4.com