Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    based on that data. the 780 looks very close to the k24 based on what I know, and dynos I have seen. There might be some efficiencies gained on the machining the hot-side gets vs an OOB k24.. How those translate into power on the road is anyones guess.. Some top end maybe.

Established Member Two Rings RS6Tuner's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by FlyboyS4 View Post
    No Simon, that is not my own data, that chart was built on data that has been posted online by others, I did not record any of the data.

The RS3 curve is an estimate based on APR advertised results on an TT-RS.

The RS6 data is an average of 6 other peoples S4's dyno'd in the the U.S.

The TTE 780 data is from a single S4 that belongs to someone else.

As I said in the post accompanying the chart "I would have expected the BW RS6 to generate torque faster than the TTE780 and I attribute this unexpected outcome to the RS6 curve being the composite average of 6 different car dynos. There is likely individual B5 S4ís with BW RS6 turboís that do generate torque faster than the TTE780 equipped S4, and therefore also the TT-RS."

Three of the six RS6 turbo equipped cars produced as much (1) or more (2) torque than that single 780 equipped S4. The TTE780 data is based on a dyno that presented bhp values and so I had to guess at a DTL to convert the results to whp so I could compare with the RS6.

The point of that post was not to compare the RS6 and TTE780 turbos, it was as stated: "Overall, while this is merely an academic exercise in predicting how the B5 S4 with RS6 turbos would compare to the not yet available RS3, Iím pleasantly surprised to see how well the old B5 S4 2.7T may compare to the latest release from Audi."

I like the 780 and think some of the results shown by it are promising, I also don't feel I have seen enough data from a typical S4 with 780s to gauge how it compares to the BW RS6, nor how it compares to the SRM RS6/K24, which is the point of my questions, how the SRM RS6/K24 compares to the TTE 780. Not that I was the one to start the comparison discussion between the two, we can thank Mocke for that distraction from the thread topic.

Ok sorry not your data but data displayed by you on your website.

Really its same with TTE780 results where no car is the same as I have shared in that thread on audisport but it is one result you shared, I see this with the whole range of our turbos.

I get you like to do your our data collection but please dont write off the data shared by you or in my thread.

I am actually about to pick up my RS4 b5 this month (I hope) with an s4 motor and tranny in it with TTE780 bolted on so this is of personal interest although I will have very safely mapped as I need this motor to last a bit. I don't want a laggy beast and from friends and customers it won't be too bad.
    I dropped a valve on my rs4 motor with TTE550 on and plan to rebuild it, but i just dont have the spare funds to build it now. So making it a long term project for next year buying parts as i can afford.
    Last edited by RS6Tuner; 10-16-2017 at 07:08 AM.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by S4James View Post
    based on that data. the 780 looks very close to the k24 based on what I know, and dynos I have seen. There might be some efficiencies gained on the machining the hot-side gets vs an OOB k24.. How those translate into power on the road is anyones guess.. Some top end maybe.
    The hotside is the key point mostly due to the K16 turbine shaft being quite a bit bigger to a K04 and so housing milled to accommodate that K16. As with all things a well sorted hard tuned SRM car maybe will look good to a mild TTE780 and vice verse... A lot more to a package than just turbochargers. I am trying here to talk but not pitch against SRM turbos

Veteran Member Four Rings CELison's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Why donít one of you TTE boys send me a set, then Iíll do a comparison. You donít even have to pay me.

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Can't beat the B5S4 section for comical value......TTE780's are a BW counterpart to Tial/Garret 770.............both flow 47-49 lbs/min..........the SRM 24's are not even in the same zipcode in regards to flow, they compare more to Tial 605's............those are undeniable real life facts no matter how Flyjock Chinese "Parts for free" Esquire at law or S4 Jemima hysterical attempts to spin it their way........SRM does have a counterpart to the 780/770's, its called their "full frame " K24 with about a 1500 Rpm extremely laggy powerband.

Veteran Member Four Rings CELison's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I was in a 3L full frame K24 car. Very laggy. My car feels faster. No snappiness at all.
    B5 S4- K24s, built bottom end, E85
    B8 S4- GIAC Stage 2, E85/93

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by CELison View Post
    Why donít one of you TTE boys send me a set, then Iíll do a comparison. You donít even have to pay me.
    Sounds like a great idea

I've just updated my thread with a new result.

AZ Member #

Im no longer reading or responding to childish name calling. Hey, arnt tial 605s now using the same wheels as the 770, just a JB housing VS BB ?

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by CELison View Post
    I was in a 3L full frame K24 car. Very laggy. My car feels faster. No snappiness at all.
    Rombotis tuned a set on e85.. dyno looks great but im not sure how that translates in feel. I know my k04 / k24 logs show only a 400rpm offset to the same boost/torque levels... but the fact that peak torque occures 1000rpm or so later, gives the impression of more lag than actuality. That said, the k24s out perform my old turbos a significant amount. They are a real gas to wind out to redline.

Veteran Member Four Rings FlyboyS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001 S4, 2004 MSM MX-5

Quote Originally Posted by RS6Tuner View Post
    I get you like to do your our data collection but please dont write off the data shared by you or in my thread.
    The results you post are very helpful and unique to TTE as far as I have seen for the breadth of products covered and extent of user feedback. I would not have used that one example of the 780's if I thought it were completely out to lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by S4James View Post
    Im no longer reading or responding to childish name calling. Hey, arnt tial 605s now using the same wheels as the 770, just a JB housing VS BB ?
    They're close, the 770 compressor wheel exducer is 68mm vs 65 on the 605.2, 770 are advertised at 47 lbs/min while the zipcode for 605.2 is 44 lbs/min. With as many cars using each of the products as there are, having a theoretical discussion about potential performance based on compressor wheel size seems a bit non-productive. This very thread is about real world performance, how about focusing on that rather than design specs? (Not directed at you, just a general observation)
    Stock -> APR Stg1/2 -> GIAC Stg2 -> K04 -> 605 -> F4H -> K03 -> K04 -> F21MF -> TTE550 -> K04 -> TC Stg1 -> BW RS6 (On deck)
    MyAudiS4.com

Veteran Member Three Rings zdriver's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

It's been a few years since I've read through any of this section but good to see continued progress since I moved on - this K24 car really rolls out!
    BMW E30 Holset hx35

B5 S4 Brilliant Black

B5 S4 Avant: Imola Yellow (retired)

AZ Member #

i thought the current 605.2 was the same larger stuff as the 770 now. doesnt matter. this thread is way off topic.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I can't understand why people argue with turbos batter.
    Turbo is last key point to properly build motor .
    I'd give ya exemple: very good friend of mine has an civic hatch running precision 62 mm turbo car was doing low 11 's trapping down 122-127mph
    After fully build engine proper drivetrain with same 62 mm turbo
    He hit on first run 9.8 @ 152 mph .

AZ Member #

unfortunatly the stuff beyond turbos on this platform is an order of magnitude more expensive to do than more supported cars

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001 S4, 2004 MSM MX-5

Quote Originally Posted by tasinb5s4 View Post
    I can't understand why people argue with turbos batter.
    Turbo is last key point to properly build motor .
    Budgetary considerations. Efficiently stuffing a lot of air into the engine with a good turbo can allow for the bypassing of a lot of other expensive stuff if the goal of record setting isn't on your agenda.
    Stock -> APR Stg1/2 -> GIAC Stg2 -> K04 -> 605 -> F4H -> K03 -> K04 -> F21MF -> TTE550 -> K04 -> TC Stg1 -> BW RS6 (On deck)
    MyAudiS4.com

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by FlyboyS4 View Post

They're close, the 770 compressor wheel exducer is 68mm vs 65 on the 605.2, 770 are advertised at 47 lbs/min while the zipcode for 605.2 is 44 lbs/min. With as many cars using each of the products as there are, having a theoretical discussion about potential performance based on compressor wheel size seems a bit non-productive. This very thread is about real world performance, how about focusing on that rather than design specs? (Not directed at you, just a general observation)
    For info the TTE780 compressor exducer is 68.5mm. Cubic meters per sec 0.28 (BorgWarner info)
    Last edited by RS6Tuner; 10-17-2017 at 02:54 AM.

Veteran Member Three Rings uponone nogaro's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    01 silver s4, 00 noggy s4 sport package

How do the srm ball bearing gt28 chra turbos match up to the rest of the turbos talked about on this page

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001 S4, 2004 MSM MX-5

Quote Originally Posted by uponone nogaro View Post
    How do the srm ball bearing gt28 chra turbos match up to the rest of the turbos talked about on this page
    I think that it is too soon to tell.
    MyAudiS4.com