Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Ordering an S5 SB with Audi Exclusive Paint, can I add Black optics to car?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hi,

I realize that the Black Optics option is unavailable for NA 2018 Audi S5 Sportbacks. However, I recently ordered one from my local dealer with an Audi Exclusive Paint. So if the car is being built at the factory specifically for me, can I add the Black Optics Package. It's not available for the dealer to "choose" in the order (that's what I was told). But I'm wondering if they just didn't know how to go around it, or didn't really want to take the time to try. I would think that since the car is being specifically manufactured with a custom paint color, that you could add other options that aren't available for the general production cars. Any information would be helpful, as if it turns out I can get the Black Optics Package, I still have time to add it to my order.
    Thanks

Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O 850 View Post
    Hi,

I realize that the Black Optics option is unavailable for NA 2018 Audi S5 Sportbacks. However, I recently ordered one from my local dealer with an Audi Exclusive Paint. So if the car is being built at the factory specifically for me, can I add the Black Optics Package. It's not available for the dealer to "choose" in the order (that's what I was told). But I'm wondering if they just didn't know how to go around it, or didn't really want to take the time to try. I would think that since the car is being specifically manufactured with a custom paint color, that you could add other options that aren't available for the general production cars. Any information would be helpful, as if it turns out I can get the Black Optics Package, I still have time to add it to my order.
    Thanks
    Hello Steve thanks for reaching out I appreciate it. I am happy to look into this a little bit further for you to see what we can uncover. My initial suspicion is that your dealership is correct and that based on the order guide for the 2018 S5 Sportback the Black Optic Package is not an option. Do you happen to have your commission number as well in case I need that for my research? If it's easier feel free to send me a private message.
    Vincenzo F.

Audi Social Community Manager

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Vincenzo,

I just sent you a PM. Thank you for taking the time to research this for me. I really appreciate it.

Steve

Administrator Four Rings Anthony's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2009 A4 2.0T Sedan

I've been looking into ordering an S5 Sportback with Audi Exclusive paint as well, and even spoke with the man in charge of the program about adding Black Optics at the same time. Vincenzo will provide more/accurate information, but from what I was told, taking the car off the line for AE paint (or special interior options) is a totally different process than it is to install all of the Black Optics bits and pieces. Therefore, it's not part of the whole AE offering. I know to us it seems like a no-brainer thing one should offer when spending the extra money for AE options, but in the grand scheme of assembly lines it's apparently not that cut and dry.

Veteran Member Four Rings 1_clean_Audi's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Sold 2009 A4 Ibis 6MT S-line
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Audi USA View Post
    Hello Steve thanks for reaching out I appreciate it. I am happy to look into this a little bit further for you to see what we can uncover. My initial suspicion is that your dealership is correct and that based on the order guide for the 2018 S5 Sportback the Black Optic Package is not an option. Do you happen to have your commission number as well in case I need that for my research? If it's easier feel free to send me a private message.
    very interested in knowing this as well. since ill soon be ordering an S5 SB in an Audi Exclusive color. thanks
    Sold 2009 A4 S-Line 6mt

Instagram: 1_clean_audi

Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O 850 View Post
    Hi,

Thanks
    Hello gents,

I was able to uncover a little bit more information for you on the topic. Your dealership was correct, I verified that the black optic package is not available on the 2018 S5 Sportback regardless of the degree of customization (i.e. Audi exclusive exterior colors). The factory can only operate on the specifications laid out by the '18 Order Guide for that particular make and model, they aren't able to make exceptions. Of course you can understand that we are only able to endorse the factory specifications of a vehicle and cannot endorse a particular aftermarket solution.

I apologize because personally I love the look of the black optic package on any of our models (especially in Daytona Gray or Nardo Grey) and especially on any of our "S" models. Let me know if you have any further questions or if there is anything else I can research.
    Vincenzo F.

Audi Social Community Manager

Established Member Two Rings Uncle Buck's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '10 VW GTI, '13 Audi Q5 2.0T, '15 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock

Ordering an S5 SB with Audi Exclusive Paint, can I add Black optics to car?

The lack of Black Optics availability in the US @ the S5 launch was a huge miss by product planning. I'm still on the sidelines for this very reason. Think how good it would look w/ Gotland Green.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine