Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Three Rings deucescorner's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 Audi Q3 S-Line Tecnik Black Optics

Clear coat cracking

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hello, I have a 2014 misano red Audi s4, I notice today after washing the car what seems to my clear coat cracking on my rear bumper.

What are my options? I read that this might be specific to red cars only.
    2013 Audi A7 S-line (current)
    2016 Audi Q3 S-Line (wife)
    2005 Audi A4 Avant 1.8T Stage II (SOLD)
    2001 BMW 325ci Convertible (SOLD)
    2000 Audi A6 2.7T (SOLD)

Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by deucescorner View Post
    Hello, I have a 2014 misano red Audi s4, I notice today after washing the car what seems to my clear coat cracking on my rear bumper.

What are my options? I read that this might be specific to red cars only.
    Hello, thanks for reaching out. Have you had your dealership inspect the concern as of yet? That would generally be the first step that we would recommend here at the corporate level. If you would like me to look into this further please feel free to send me a PM with your VIN, email address, best contact number and which Audi dealership you generally prefer to work with.

Also so you are aware paint finish is considered an item that can deteriorate due to normal wear and tear which means it only receives coverage for defects in manufacturer’s material and workmanship for the first 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever occurs first from the original in-service date. That being said it is still in your best interest to consult with your dealership to determine the root cause and if a repair is able to be made.
    Vincenzo F.

Audi Social Community Manager