Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Three Rings KnewJack's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Brake Pad Options for ST-60 380/35mm

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Anyone have some real world experience with pads for the setup? I have some Ceramics on now and I thought they would reduce the dust. Just the opposite. They dust up like crazy and its a very hard to clean dust too. They also squeak like a mofo. I bedded them according to recommendations and they were quiet for the 1st 1k miles, then they slowly started getting noisier and noisier. I sound like a city bus coming to a stop now. Upside is the performance is great and these pads would be perfect for a track day. Looking for a more quiet/less dusty option. NGP suggested ST street pads or Hawk HPS pads. Any input/experience here?
    2013 B8.5 S4
    APR Stage 2+ ECU/TCU 100oct Tune, JHM 187mm CP, Injen Intake. Stasis Touring Exhaust/ Springs & Rear Sway Bar, PLM HX.
    11.468 @ 122.06mph. 90ft DA.

Veteran Member Four Rings blackfunk's Avatar
    AZ Member #

No experience with this kit or the pads that came with this specifically but ceramics by there very design are inherently less dusty than traditional pads and should dust significantly less. Is it possible you received the wrong pads?

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk
    Life has taught me never try to make something idiot proof, they'll simply come up with a better idiot.

Established Member Three Rings KnewJack's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I tossed the box, but NGP told me they were ceramic. I'll have to ask exactly which pads again. What I had previously was the CT1247XP12 Carbotech front pads. Though the performance was lower, they made much less and easier to clean dust.

CT1247XP12 CARBOTECH FRONT PADS.
    2013 B8.5 S4
    APR Stage 2+ ECU/TCU 100oct Tune, JHM 187mm CP, Injen Intake. Stasis Touring Exhaust/ Springs & Rear Sway Bar, PLM HX.
    11.468 @ 122.06mph. 90ft DA.

Veteran Member Three Rings miztahsparklez's Avatar
    AZ Member #

The ceramic pads would be the posiquiet. Stoptech street pads are not ceramic.

I have posiquiet, it's okay. No noise either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Have you looked into Hawk? They make a good selection of pads for the ST-60 caliper including a low dusting ceramic.
    2016 S4, Premium Plus, BO Package, DSG, Sport Diff, Daytona Grey, CR-15 Strut Brace, EuroCode AK, 034 Trans Insert, ECS Drivetrain Inserts, 034 Rear Sway Bar, HRE FF01 19x9.5 Wheels