Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

DIY - Clear Corner Install

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Below is instructions on how to install clear corners on a B8.5 A/S4. Thanks to DannyDyn on the info on how to remove and open up the headlights.

DISCLAIMER: I am in no way shape or form responsible for any damage you may cause to your headlights! You may follow this DIY at your own risk.

Tools and parts you will need:

T30 torx screwdriver
    T25 torx screwdriver
    T20 torx screwdriver
    T10 torx screwdriver
    Flathead screwdriver
    Heat gun and/or oven
    Box knife

Headlights removal

Use a T30 screwdriver to remove the 4 screws holding the radiator cover:

Driverís side headlight removal:

Using a T30 screwdriver, remove the 3 screws circled in RED
    Remove the screw bracket (GREEN square)
    Loosen (DO NOT REMOVE) the two screws circles in BLUE
    Disconnect the harness (ORANGE square)
    Disconnect the drain hose (not picture), located at the lower part of the headlight (mine was already disconnected for some reason).
    Remove headlight

Passenger side headlight removal:

Note: If you have relatively small hands, you *may* be able to get away with removing the headlight without removing the airbox. I was able (just barely) to get it out, but had to remove the air scoop and loosen the airbox (though I did not have to remove it altogether). The following are steps for removing the headlight without removing the airbox:

Remove the 2 yellow screws attaching the air scoop to the radiator frame.
    Remove the air scoop and set aside.
    Release the airbox by lifting it up and away from the anchor shown on the left side of the picture (YELLOW)
    Remove the 3 screws circled in RED
    Remove the screw bracket (GREEN square)
    Disconnect the harness (ORANGE square)

Loosen (DO NOT REMOVE) the 2 screws circled in BLUE
    Disconnect drain hose (not pictured)
    Remove headlight

Opening the headlights

Using a flat head screwdriver, pop off the clips holding the headlight cover, and body together.

Remove HID ballast (3 screws + 2 harnesses) - make sure you remove the rubber ring as well
    Remove LED ballast (3 screws + 1 harness) - make sure you remove the rubber ring as well
    Remove HID Bulb cover
    Remove turn signal cover
    Remove HID bulb
    Remove turn signal bulb
    Remove rubber bumper strip - it's attached with a double-sided tape

There are various methods on how to take a headlight apart using an oven, heat gun, etc, but I put mine in the oven at 215* for 15 mins and it worked great.

Once removed from the oven, start prying the cover from the outer corner (amber marker side), and work your way inward towards the grille side of the headlight. Use a box knife to separate the cheesy-effect you'll get from the glue.

Once the headlight cover is off, lay the lens downward, and remove the 3 screws circled in red wth your T-10 screwdriver.

Remove the black plastic piece with the amber side marker attached to it, and push up on the two bottom clips in green squares. These clips can be difficult, and may take a bit of force to push up. I used a flathead screwdriver to push them while the headlights were still warm from the oven, and that seemed to help.

Push the two clips in green squares on the sides, and pull side reflector with black backing away from the longer plastic piece.

Push the clips in green squares, and pull the side marker up from the black backing piece.

Push the last clip, and pull side marker off the black backing piece.

Reverse the steps to install the clear side markers, and to reinstall headlights. Some people suggest using new sealant to put the headlights back together, but I found there wad plenty of sealant to seal the headlights. Just ensure you reheat your headlights before putting them back together.

Enjoy your lights!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Established Member Two Rings nitro_rider2001's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Thanks for the write-up! Where did you go through to source the clear markers?
    2014 Ice Silver S4 6MT Black Optics - APR Stage 1 | ECS CF Luft-Technik Intake | CR-15 Brace
    2007 Brilliant Black A4 S-Line Ti 6MT - Gone
    1999.5 Volcano Black A4 5MT - Gone

Active Member Two Rings gharry67's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by nitro_rider2001 View Post
    Thanks for the write-up! Where did you go through to source the clear markers?
    DM Kirk. He made those.

2014 S4 Glacier White metallic Premium+ / DSG / 034 rear sway + end links / Black-Magma Nappa / Nav + pkg / B&O / Carbon Atlas inlays / Side Assist / 19" Peelers
    2013 TTS Brilliant Black Prestige / DSG / Black Nappa / Nav + with AMI / 19" 5-spoke alloys

AZ Member #

Thanks for writing this up! Can't wait to tackle this.

2014 S4 Glacier White metallic Premium+ / DSG / 034 rear sway + end links / Black-Magma Nappa / Nav + pkg / B&O / Carbon Atlas inlays / Side Assist / 19" Peelers
    2013 TTS Brilliant Black Prestige / DSG / Black Nappa / Nav + with AMI / 19" 5-spoke alloys

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by gharry67 View Post
    Thanks for writing this up! Can't wait to tackle this.

No problem!

Senior Member Four Rings LittleDozer's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    S4, B8 A4 Avant

Third time I've cracked these open to modify them, hopefully the last lol. Here is what the middle/3rd darkest tint will look like with Monsoon gray.

Fitment was pretty good. Passenger side doesn't fit as flush as I'd want it to but not very noticeable. Overall color and texture is consistent throughout the piece.

For the price and with no one having these, would purchase again.

Last edited by LittleDozer; 09-16-2017 at 04:12 PM.
    2014 S4 S-Tronic / Sport Diff l EPL DP 57mm+189mm E50 l DSG Tune l Autotech HPFP l FlexFuel LPFP l AWE Intake l AWE ColdFront l MerTop Headers l Stasis NR DPs w/ Borla Catback l H&R OE Sports l 034 Transmission Insert l ECS Rear Diff Inserts l Alu Kreuz l CR-15 Strut l EuroCode F/R Sways l TSW Bathurst 18x8.5 l Hawk Ceramic

Cosmetic: ENLAES CF Lid l LED Fogs + Interior l Xpel Full Front l RS4 Grille Graphite Gray l Carbon Wrapped Valence l Gloss Wrapped Cluster l J-Codes

Senior Member Four Rings LittleDozer's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    S4, B8 A4 Avant

Here is how they arrived with some different lighting

2014 S4 S-Tronic / Sport Diff l EPL DP 57mm+189mm E50 l DSG Tune l Autotech HPFP l FlexFuel LPFP l AWE Intake l AWE ColdFront l MerTop Headers l Stasis NR DPs w/ Borla Catback l H&R OE Sports l 034 Transmission Insert l ECS Rear Diff Inserts l Alu Kreuz l CR-15 Strut l EuroCode F/R Sways l TSW Bathurst 18x8.5 l Hawk Ceramic

Cosmetic: ENLAES CF Lid l LED Fogs + Interior l Xpel Full Front l RS4 Grille Graphite Gray l Carbon Wrapped Valence l Gloss Wrapped Cluster l J-Codes

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDozer View Post
    Third time I've cracked these open to modify them, hopefully the last lol. Here is what the middle/3rd darkest tint will look like with Monsoon gray.

Fitment was pretty good. Passenger side doesn't fit as flush as I'd want it to but not very noticeable. Overall color and texture is consistent throughout the piece.

For the price and with no one having these, would purchase again.

Thanks for sharing the as-installed pics!

Registered Member One Ring SteffenT12's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Where can I order these !!! I own an audi a4 b8.5

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Established Member Two Rings Stealthsi009's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Whos selling these? I want

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Established Member Two Rings 944thomas's Avatar
    AZ Member #

There is a guy here selling him I believe his username is Kirk M. Also, B8drivers sells them on instagram.
    B8 S4
    944 Turbo

Senior Member Two Rings Slim0531's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2010 Santorini Black Land Rover LR4

If anyone wants to sell their OEM amber corner for a reasonable price please let me know. Looking for a 2014 A4 compatible headlight. Need to restore headlight to OEM spec.