Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Looking to buy a S4, any opinions on 3rd party warranty

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hi, looking to buy an S4 and wanted to get y'all's opinion on the service contract, should I just go ahead and get it or just wing it?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Audizine mobile app

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I've always been told that extended warranties really only benefit the company offering them. How many miles on the car? Regular service history? If low and yes, I'd be tempted to keep the cost of the warranty in a savings account and use when necessary. Chances are you'll save $$. Do your research and understand what parts in the car have a tendency to fail and if the car might be more vulnerable to these failures. When I inquired I was told an additional 2 years cover would cost over $3500.

AZ Member #

2014, has 42k miles and audicare so its had all the services up to the 35k. I think it's about 4k for 4 years

Senior Member Four Rings jygesq's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1986 Honda CH 150 D scooter bought new

There are better deals on extended warranties. Call Troy at Toyota of Greefield, Ma. He sells Audi extended warranties, at discount compared to other dealerships. They are sold by sister Audi Dealership, Father & Sons Audi, West Springfield,Ma, I extended my original Audi warranty to almost 89kvmiles and 8 years from purchase date of the warranty till July 2024. Audi pure platinum, $100 deductible.
    2015 S4, P+, Florett Silver,black /silver nappa leather, S-tronic ,sport diff,B&O ,tech package ,supercharged badges. All season tires ,cargo net, factory dip stick

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by jygesq View Post
    There are better deals on extended warranties. Call Troy at Toyota of Greefield, Ma. He sells Audi extended warranties, at discount compared to other dealerships. They are sold by sister Audi Dealership, Father & Sons Audi, West Springfield,Ma
    Ok, thanks for the contact! How soon do I need to buy from when I purchase the car?

Senior Member Four Rings jygesq's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1986 Honda CH 150 D scooter bought new

The price depends on when you buy the warranty, he can explain it to you. Audi pure warranty is much cheaper, if you buy it with less than 10k miles on car. And you pay no sales tax with purchase through him
    2015 S4, P+, Florett Silver,black /silver nappa leather, S-tronic ,sport diff,B&O ,tech package ,supercharged badges. All season tires ,cargo net, factory dip stick

AZ Member #

The price depends on when you buy the warranty, he can explain it to you. Audi pure warranty is much cheaper, if you buy it with less than 10k miles on car. And you pay no sales tax with purchase through him
    Ok, I'll contact him, thanks!

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

There are better deals on extended warranties. Call Troy at Toyota of Greefield, Ma. He sells Audi extended warranties, at discount compared to other dealerships. They are sold by sister Audi Dealership, Father & Sons Audi, West Springfield,Ma, I extended my original Audi warranty to almost 89kvmiles and 8 years from purchase date of the warranty till July 2024. Audi pure platinum, $100 deductible.
    Excellent deal, I'll give him a call and see what quote I can get. Don't put a lot of miles on my cars so warranty period is of most interest. Currently I have 31K and 8 months left on factory warranty. Extending this another 6-8 years would be perfect.