Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Looking at a 2014 Audi S4

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    im looking at a 2014 Audi S4, this is the one https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rch/...300857940.html

anything i should look out for? i got the accident report and says no accidents but i will take a look to see if there was any private repairs done to it.

I talked to a few people on the facebook S4 group and they said the 13+ DSG S4 does not have any major issues for me to be aware of.

From the details it seems like the cars the loaded model with black package.

thanks!

Veteran Member Four Rings jlaudio's Avatar
    AZ Member #

those wheels are replicas
    '10 S4 - 6MT, GIAC Stage 2, Milltek Resonated Exhaust, AWE S-Flo Intake, Alu Kruez, Bilstein B12 Suspension, 034 Rear Sway Bar and Links, 034 Transmission & Sport Diff mount, Sachs X-Tend Clutch, CR15 Bar, Akebono, ECS SS Lines, 3M Crystalline, E-Codes, Philips White Vision Gen 2

Previous: 09 B8 A4, 06 S4 6MT, 07 A4 6MT, 02 A4 QM, 99 A4 QM

AZ Member #

they are? how can you tell?

Senior Member Four Rings Johnnycash's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Hyundai Genesis. 1995 impala ss

I have seen oem wheels optioned in black w machined face on the rotors. rare but oem spec and looks damn good imo.

the typical audi rotor wheels is finished in a gunmetal not black.

2011 s4 all the goodies that matter.

Veteran Member Four Rings Blackstallion's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guessing he thinks their replicas cause the offset looks weak. Could very well just be the pictures but I have seen that wheel combo - I do know s5 rotors had more concsvity like above as their 9 wide not 8.5 with a better offset...

Car looks sharp though hope all checks out..u

AZ Member #

They are replicas because the only BO wheel option that was available for s4's was the titanium/machined rotors. Audi has never offered a gloss black/machined oem rotor wheel for the S4.
    The 2015 RS5 did have a 20'' all black with red surround rotor wheel from the factory.

'10 S4 - 6MT, GIAC Stage 2, Milltek Resonated Exhaust, AWE S-Flo Intake, Alu Kruez, Bilstein B12 Suspension, 034 Rear Sway Bar and Links, 034 Transmission & Sport Diff mount, Sachs X-Tend Clutch, CR15 Bar, Akebono, ECS SS Lines, 3M Crystalline, E-Codes, Philips White Vision Gen 2

AZ Member #

Oh so they are definitely reps? How else can I tell? Maybe it's differnt because I'm from Canada? Be weird if it was Rep because where did the actual wheels that the came with go?

- - - Updated - - -

Also from pics can you guys confirm it's the teknik model? Im scared they might be lying.

AZ Member #

Oh unless maybe they got them painted?I'll check the spokes to see of any masking lines or paint runs

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by rateds View Post
    Oh so they are definitely reps? How else can I tell? Maybe it's differnt because I'm from Canada? Be weird if it was Rep because where did the actual wheels that the came with go?

- - - Updated - - -

Also from pics can you guys confirm it's the teknik model? Im scared they might be lying.
    I believe so. If you are really interested in the car have the dealer put it on a lift and take a wheel off. Look for the audi rings and part numbers on them.
    Technik package for 2014 was Keyless entry, audi side assist (lane monitoring), bang and olufsen stereo, backup camera, and adaptive steering headlights. You can tell if it has B&O stereo by looking at the front left/right speakers and looking for the Bang and Olufsen branding. From the few pictures they have on Craigslist it looks like it has keyless entry.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Hope your Mandarin is good. This is their website
    https://www.usedautohome.com/aboutus

Odd not having an English website in North America.

Car has definitely got the Technic Package. The clearer pics show the silver ring on a base unit on the driver side door.

And it has the Atlas carbon inlays. Can't say if its got the sports diff without seeing the build sheet or calling Audi with the VIN

AZ Member #

cant i tell if it has the sport diff by the shifter area, like the 4 silver buttons?

oh its in mandarin because where i am its mostly chinese people here.

Senior Member Three Rings mattro's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B8.5 S4

it has the sport diff. The drive select button is just above the driver's temperature control. That's where it's located when it has navigation. With navigation the mmi controls are on the center console and they move the drive select button to the dashboard.
    It also has bang & olufsen stereo upgrade by looking at the door speaker, it has the silver ring around it.
    looks like a fully loaded S4 to me, Navigation, drive select, carbon atlas, magma red interior, bang & olufsen, black optics package, keyless entry
    And yes it definitely has the Teknik package. My friend has the same car with teknik package here in New-Brunswick, same color, same options as the one you posted.
    S4
    This | is | where | people | usually | list | their | mods | separated | by | these | vertical | lines

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B8.5 S4

oh and it's a really good price too.
    When I was S4 hunting I kept finding really good deals like this but they were all in the Vancouver area and I wasn't ready to go that far to buy one.
    I ended up flying to Toronto to get mine and drove it back home.

good luck with your search
    S4
    This | is | where | people | usually | list | their | mods | separated | by | these | vertical | lines

AZ Member #

Thanks mattro. I guess your friend didn't have the black wheels though right?

Established Member Three Rings ToddBrunswick's Avatar
    AZ Member #

ask for the VIN. Plug it in here and you can see the original window sticker. That should be a good starting place. The drive select button (at least in the US) doesn't mean it has the sports diff for sure.
    Pedal Responce Consigliere
    "I have a special practice. I handle one client" -Tom Hagen

AZ Member #

Thanks for that link.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B8.5 S4

Quote Originally Posted by rateds View Post
    Thanks mattro. I guess your friend didn't have the black wheels though right?
    No he doesnt, they're the gunmetal grey just like mine.
    S4

AZ Member #

That is a good price if there's nothing wrong with the car, I would go get it inspected first.

I paid more for my Technik and it didn't even come with the black optics package or carbon trims.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by icemiko View Post
    That is a good price if there's nothing wrong with the car, I would go get it inspected first.

I paid more for my Technik and it didn't even come with the black optics package or carbon trims.
    I saw both inlays when I was shopping and I prefer the aluminum finish personally. Seems to brighten up quite a dark cock pit. Carbon wouldn't be a deal breaker though.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I take it that's Canadian price because it's high. I am about to trade in a 2015 with only 4500 miles which could be had for 40K (depending on if buyer wanted it CPO or not)

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by timzcat View Post
    I take it that's Canadian price because it's high. I am about to trade in a 2015 with only 4500 miles which could be had for 40K (depending on if buyer wanted it CPO or not)
    Convert it to USD, it's about 31k

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Audizine mobile app

AZ Member #

Yes it's Canadian price. Should I bring to dealer to get it inspected? What should I keep an eye on when I go look at it tmr? I know how to check for accidents but for engine area issues I got no idea.

Senior Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Before I purchased my used 2012 S4 DSG I took it to an Audi dealership for a pre-purchase inspection. Cost was around $300 USD, worth it in my book for the peace of mind. Especially after reading about all the DSG problems on the B8 platform I wanted to make sure I wasn't buying a fault throwing machine or had pre-existing conditions.

The dealership was able to print out a copy of all the service records on the car--something CARFAX did not show. The previous owner had Audi Care and did the 5k/15k/25k/35k services and had the Thermostat and Mechtronic unit replaced under warranty. As long as the previous owner took it to an Audi dealer you should be able to get a good history on the car.

AZ Member #

Good idea! Yes I will def bring it to the dealer to have it inspected.