Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    stg 3+ 01.5 S4

07 ami location on S8 / B&O , can somebody help

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I'm looking to see what it will take for me to stream music in my car 2007 S8 with B&O sound ? I'm looking for any advice

Established Member Two Rings AudiFamilyGuy06's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I have the same issue. This much I can tell you. You need to purchase an Audi Music Interface or an aftermarket system like one from Enfig.com From what I have been able to ascertain the Audi AMI as it is known gives better audio quality and is less susceptible to skips and blips and cutouts. You need to purchase a retrofit kit which is a wiring adapter that splits the power and fiber optic cables from the CD changer to the AMI. The AMI neatly fits in the box next to the CD changer in the glovebox. The existing cubby is removed and the AMI fits in nicely. The ENfig kit will require some mounting of there AMI units which are smaller and have a few more wires.

At present I do not have the retrofit kit to tie the two together. I tried just replacing the CD changer with the AMI, but it did not work. It would recognize the unit as an Audi AMI but said there was an issue with the wiring or the unit itself. When an AMI is added, you may have to reprogram the ECU thru VCDS to recognize the AUX port as an AMI.

Thats all I have for now.

Maybe we can help each other and we can both get this up and running. I just figured out how to pair my phone and the MMI 2G for hands free phone. I have the link on my home computer and will add it later if you are interested.

Joe

Established Member Two Rings AudiFamilyGuy06's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Hey TOm, Just realized we talked about an S8 before!! WHere in CT are you from?

Joe

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    stg 3+ 01.5 S4

Trumbull

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    stg 3+ 01.5 S4

That's cool yeah it's really bugging me I need to get my MP3s working I'm a very musically oriented person

Active Member Two Rings onewickeds8's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I used a BOVEE 1000 Bluetooth adapter in my 2009 S8. Works perfect and can use the controls on the car. My car also has the B&O

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

The AMI is the better unit. It should be plug and play. Find a Y cable set and it will fit next to the CD changer. Add a USB 1TB hard drive and listen for days.

Active Member Two Rings ScottyMcGirr's Avatar
    AZ Member #

The Bovee is the best $89.00 youíll spend on your S8 to stream music. Use it on my 09 D3 S8 and it works great with an iPhone . If youíre using the Galaxy phone I find you donít get the menus. If you have an iPhone itís a no brainer. Seriously . I also live in CT. Madison :)

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    15 BMW F82 M4
    14 VW Jetta TDI SE
    08 Audi B7 A4 3.2 Quattro
    02 Saab 9-3 Viggen Convertible
    02 Saab 9-3 SE 25th Anniversary Edition Hatchback

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I ran a 30 pin cable extension from the ami in the glovebox over to my phone mount and used a 30 to lightning adapter that plug into my phone. The sound comes through the stereo but must be controlled on my phone. Itís not perfect, but it does do the trick.