Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings MaineRS7's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Porsche Cayenne Turbo tuned.

2015 RS7 for Sale.

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Was in an accident, no other cars involved the car went off the road into a ditch. Has 49,000 miles. Selling it for $28,000. Original MSRP $131,000. I then put $25,000 into aftermarket parts with APR stage two down pipes, CETE lower module, Forge intercooler, and the list goes on and on. It will have a salvaged title.
    I have the insurance company estimate of $27,000 to repair it. Selling as is where is near Portland Maine.
    Sold. No longer Available

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Last edited by MaineRS7; 09-14-2017 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Sold

Veteran Member Three Rings Omnipotent's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Wrong Forum.
    2013 A7 - Stage 2 - Gone

2018 S7 - Tornado Grey/Arras red - ordered 7/20/17

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent View Post
    Wrong Forum.
    Where should it be?

Senior Member Three Rings MadAboutCars's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    MY16 Audi S6, MY18 Audi SQ5 (on order), MY12 Audi Q7 4.2L TDI S-line (sold)

2016 Audi S6 - Tornado Grey, 20" 5 spoke wheels, Sports seats, Sports diff, Standard exhaust, Chrome trim, Matrix LED headlights, Sunroof, 360 camera, Head up display, Active lane/side assist with adaptive cruise control, Rear seat heating, Power assisted doors, Electric rear blind and side blinds, Homelink

Mods: Bigger shift paddles, Air filter box holes, K&N air filter, 20" x 9" ET35 matte grey RS6 wheels, Michilin PSS 255 35 20, Vag-com changes

Established Member Three Rings Bassler's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '14 S6, '12 STi, '16 XC90

Sorry to see this! Wish I had the time for a project.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    2014 S6 Prestige DD/Kid Hauler | Glacier White, Lunar Silver & Aluminum/Black Wood | Black Optic | DA / Innovation / B&O
    EPL Stage 1 ECU/TCU, RocEuro, Forgeline 21s, Eurocode sways/links/AK/inserts, RS6 grill, XPEL/Opti, 35% Llumar

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MadAboutCars View Post
    Thank you!

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bassler View Post
    Sorry to see this! Wish I had the time for a project.

I know. I'm on the fence about doing it myself. I love this car and it has ever option including the heated and ventilated massaging front seats.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Just out of curiosity, why is the estimate $27k to fix? On the surface, it appears to just be a bumper and some ancillary stuff behind it. Is there suspension damage or is it undrivable?

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Yeah, I don't see why it gets a salvaged title for that. Looks like a value. I would guess the repair estimate breaks down like this:

$4,000 - parts
    $3,000 - labor
    $20,000 - Audi tax
    Black 2013 S8 - APR Downpipes - APR Stage 2 Tune - Custom Dual 3" Mandrel Bent Exhaust - Ebay Intake Filters - Michelin 285/35/21 PSS

100 Octane - 10.78@129.12 (1.75 60ft)

Senior Member Four Rings AudiS4B8's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Probably frame damage
    Mickey

2017 Nardo Grey S6; EPL Stage 2, AMS Downpipes; AMS Cooling System; Neidfaktor Carbon Mirrors; Nardo Front Rings; Cete Lowering Module; Alu Kreuz; Eurocode Sways and Endlinks; Full Suntek PPF

- Stock figures: 12.24 @ 111.8mph; DA +1545; 13mph headwind; 327awhp/335awtq
    - Stage 1: 390awhp/494awtq
    - Instagram: ze_nardo6

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 BMW X5 50i (family-friendly monster)

Looks like a similar amount of damage as I had on my RS5, which they estimated at $31k and then totaled the car. I was basically told that I got totaled out because the parts are stupidly expensive, so it made better economic sense for the insurer to buy it off me and then sell off the parts than to buy replacement parts. They also considered me high mileage (about 42k in not quite 3 years)--it looked like the comparables they found were not daily drivers, and mine was.

Senior Member Three Rings cobrario's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Q5 3.0T, 2016 Tacoma Sport Crew

every state has different laws re: salvage requirement for an accident damaged vehicle, for late model vehicles, like his (in my state late model is defined as current year and back 5), it's often based on statute and not insurer's subjectivity- Maine's statutes may be more stringent than other states which could be why the total loss/salvage title was issued- OP, I'm assuming the car was totalled by the insurer and you bought the car back from them?
    2016 RS7 Daytona Gray Pearl, Carbon Black, B&O, Cete ASC, Suntek, CQFinest, 20x10 Rohana RF2 Matte Black, PSS, APR Stage 1
    Stock: 11.212@ 122.81
    APR I on GT260+: 10.40 @ 131.65 980DA

4Ring cars gone but not forgotten: '14 S4 Revo 1+ & DSG, OZ Ultraleggera, PSS, Injen, Stoptech, Akebono

AZ Member #
    My Garage

They weren't going to total the car but I told them that after it was repaired that I was going to immediately trade it in and then put a claim into the insurance company for the diminished value for having an accident report on the title. After a lengthy amount of time going back-and-forth about my aftermarket parts and how much they were going to cover the insurance company decided to total the car.
    Does anyone know how to delete this post that I started this morning because the car is no longer for sale. Thanks

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by MaineRS7 View Post
    They weren't going to total the car but I told them that after it was repaired that I was going to immediately trade it in and then put a claim into the insurance company for the diminished value for having an accident report on the title. After a lengthy amount of time going back-and-forth about my aftermarket parts and how much they were going to cover the insurance company decided to total the car.
    Does anyone know how to delete this post that I started this morning because the car is no longer for sale. Thanks

Just edit the title and put SOLD in bold in front of it.
    2016 S6, mythos black, sport suspension and exhaust| Roc Euro intake, APR downpipes| AMS intercooler| Eurocode sways, end-links, and AK | 20x8.5 OZ Ultraleggera HLC wheels, Michelin PS4S tires| OEM RS6 grille| Neidfaktor CF mirrors| Blackvue DR650-2CH dashcams| Aftermarket car audio setup: Audiocontrol DM-810 DSP, JL HD900/5 driving JL10W3 subwoofer and Focal KX3 3 speakers up front. JL HD600/4 driving Focal KX2 speakers rear

Established Member Three Rings Bassler's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '14 S6, '12 STi, '16 XC90

Quote Originally Posted by MaineRS7 View Post

Diminished Value claims are tough. They must have data that fmv was close to $60k to total it at that level? Did you argue higher and threaten to sue? Who is your carrier?

I just went through a dv claim on a clients Aston Martin v8 vantage that got lightly side swiped as low speed for a $50k repair It's always way more of a process than it should be to get money out of the insurer. At least you're working with your own and not another parties.

I hope you're buying it back and repairing? Or having insurance fix it and making a DV claim?

2014 S6 Prestige DD/Kid Hauler | Glacier White, Lunar Silver & Aluminum/Black Wood | Black Optic | DA / Innovation / B&O
    EPL Stage 1 ECU/TCU, RocEuro, Forgeline 21s, Eurocode sways/links/AK/inserts, RS6 grill, XPEL/Opti, 35% Llumar

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bassler View Post
    Diminished Value claims are tough. They must have data that fmv was close to $60k to total it at that level? Did you argue higher and threaten to sue? Who is your carrier?

I just went through a dv claim on a clients Aston Martin v8 vantage that got lightly side swiped as low speed for a $50k repair It's always way more of a process than it should be to get money out of the insurer. At least you're working with your own and not another parties.

I hope you're buying it back and repairing? Or having insurance fix it and making a DV claim?

State Farm. They gave me $98,000!! And yes I am buying it back. It's sold already but I'm shipping to my body shop in Maine first to give me a price. It's currently at Herb Chambers in Boston. Apparently with these aluminum body cars you can't buy the parts for them unless you're a certified Audi repair body shop. So I want to make sure my shop can fix it before I decide to sell as Salvage or repair it.

Veteran Member Four Rings durfA4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 Q5 3.0T SLine

2015 RS7 for Sale.

As some one that drives a salvage title A7, you may have hit the jackpot. In all honesty. you are the only one one that knows it was salvaged and SFW - You know the damage, you know the repair and you will get paid for it. Very easy fix. I had two dealer comment on how nice my A7 is and they didnt know it was a salvage until the computer flagged it TD1 -salavage.

I bought an A7 that had front end damage, nothing in front of engine cradle. the car was relatively straight forward to put back together. The paperwork for NH salvage title was a pain, but in the end I saved 10-15k you got a much better deal.

Yeah diminished value is true but at this point you get a helluva RS7 lots of cash for mods. As for driving a salvage title, no one knows and if they care they are a$$#[=s.
    Last edited by durfA4; 09-15-2017 at 06:57 PM.
    2012 A7 3.0t
    2005 allroad 2.7 STUKLR tuned

AZ Member #

That was a good deal, gone quick

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by durfA4 View Post
    As some one that drives a salvage title A7, you may have hit the jackpot. In all honesty. you are the only one one that knows it was salvaged and SFW - You know the damage, you know the repair and you will get paid for it. Very easy fix. I had two dealer comment on how nice my A7 is and they didnt know it was a salvage until the computer flagged it TD1 -salavage.

I bought an A7 that had front end damage, nothing in front of engine cradle. the car was relatively straight forward to put back together. The paperwork for NH salvage title was a pain, but in the end I saved 10-15k you got a much better deal.

Yeah diminished value is true but at this point you get a helluva RS7 lots of cash for mods. As for driving a salvage title, no one knows and if they care they are a$$#[=s.
    I totally agree with you. I get to drive a beautiful car that i really like and and put $50,000 in my pocket. I was looking at just taking the cash and buying the S8 but by the time I put all the mods back on that I put on the RS7 it just isn't worth paying the huge difference vs driving a rebuilt title car.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

You sell the wheels with the car?
    2016 Glacier White Metallic RS7 | APR Stage 2 | Akrapovic Exhaust | Custom 3" DPs | RocEuro Intake | Europrice Tail Lights | CF Mirrors | CF & Alcantara Steering Wheel | 20" HRE FF01
    Gone: 2014 Suzuka Gray Metallic RS5 | AWE Tuning Track Exhaust | Eventuri Red CF Intake | H&R OE Sport Springs

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kunaldoshi View Post
    You sell the wheels with the car?
    Keeping them.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Let me know if you decide to sell
    2016 Glacier White Metallic RS7 | APR Stage 2 | Akrapovic Exhaust | Custom 3" DPs | RocEuro Intake | Europrice Tail Lights | CF Mirrors | CF & Alcantara Steering Wheel | 20" HRE FF01
    Gone: 2014 Suzuka Gray Metallic RS5 | AWE Tuning Track Exhaust | Eventuri Red CF Intake | H&R OE Sport Springs

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Let me know if you decide to sell them