Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Four Rings Excelerate Rep's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi's

MSS SPRING KITS for 8V RS3 :: IN STOCK ::

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!

Excelerate Performance - North American Distributor for MSS Kits!

MSS KITS designs and brings to market a range of Premium Fully Adjustable Performance Spring kit products for prestige German
    sports cars marketed under the MSS Spring Kits brand. MSS spring kits products replaces the factory (OE) parts yet retains the passive or
    active dampers – such as the Audi MagneRide™, VW ACC/DCC™, BMW EDC™ or Porsche PASM/S™.

We are often asked why MSS products cost more than a set of one-time lowering springs from well established brands.
    The simple answer here is that our products enable for enhanced ride comfort and performance handling for streets or track
    use whilst retaining the factory shock absorbers. Bonus features are an easy cost effective upgrade path. It is important to
    understand that these benefits are all often regarded as not possible from a single product let alone "just a set of springs".

From firsthand experience of the established brands products for the VW Golf MK7 R/GTi; Audi S3/RS3 have caused a
    few rubbing, bottoming out, harsh ride issues that many of you can attest to I am sure. MSS has engineered these issues
    out of the product with extended road tests (real roads; real every day use not computer aided simulations).
    The upside for you so that, you get a 'fit & forget' product that works as intended. We back all that up with a Lifetime Warranty - no quibbles/no fuss

Just a simple plain replacement for new if our product fails

Key benefits MSS products:

By believing in the principle of keeping a car looking as it did when leaving the factory.
    It is our single guiding focus and we make the following five promises to our customers of the MSS Spring Kits products:

- Available in a choice of Streets, Sports or Track versions.
    - Each product is designed to be a direct replacement for the factory (OE) part and requires no modifications.
    - Our products will not introduce Noise, Vibration and Harshness (NVH) nor Check Engine Light (CEL) errors.
    - Each kit is shipped with a Lifetime Warranty underlining the confidence we place in our products.
    - Reduced dive on braking or reduced squatting on acceleration
    - Keep the original factory dampers
    - Gain advanced car setup comparable to aftermarket premium Coilover kits
    - Improved ride comfort compared to the original factory suspension setup
    - Retain the ‘in-dash’ functionality to change the suspension settings for cars equipped with electronic dampers

Product fitments
    – Audi S3/RS3 8V
    – Audi A3/Cabriolet
    – VW Golf MK7 R
    – VW Golf MK7 GTi

Here is North America's first RS3 Fit with a Fully Adjustable Sport Kit...

What kind of drop should I expect?

- Fully Adjustable kits are adjustable from 10-30mm below stock height front and rear

Which kit suits you and your cars driving habits?

This Chart below is a solid reference guide to what is going to suit you and your driving style. Are you dissatisfied with the ride
    quality of your car with the factory suspension? MSS Street or Sport spring kits are going to be an ideal choice for improved ride.
    Utilizing revised coil bind diameter and spring height changes, MSS has covered grounds to allow the springs to carry a lower spring
    rate than stock, while increasing handling and road stability by a significant amount. It must be magic!

- Every day user, zero track days but want the car to handle better and be as comfortable as possible? - Streets rate is most suited to you.
    - Every day user, track days once in a blue moon or even frequent but also want the car to be more comfortable without lack
    of performance? - Sports are for you! This is the do one, do all rate for 90% of drivers.
    - Still drive the car on the street but didn't mind a harsher ride quality? But at the same time want much better handling than stock,
    increased ride comfort and want the car to be 100% confident on the street and on the track? Track or Track LS are for you.

For More Information Visit MSS Kits North America landing page.

Questions?

Call Us! 203-483-6100
    E-mail Us!

Payment and Shipping Details

Credit Card, Bank Wire Transfer, Paypal
    FREE SHIPPING applies to to cont. 48 US. Only. All US orders ship UPS
    Canadian Orders please provide postal code in PM for quote. All orders to Canada will ship via USPS.

ORDERING

Check Us Out on Social Media!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi's

More photos of North America's first RS3 with an MSS Sport kit - Fully Adjustable.

Kit and stance looks great, any chance of running a sale or group buy for these. Can only speak for myself though most may be on the fence since cost is very high compared to other spring kits (again understanding they are adjustable while most will leave at highest setting). Personally wishing these wouldn't be adjustable to save cost and complexity.
    2017 RS3
    2018 Q5
    2015 GMC Denali Duramax

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi's

I definitely agree, the car sits great!

We attempted the group buy route a few times a while back with very little sucess (besides the MQB pre-order). Some users on multiple forums practically begged us to do this and then none of them bought the kits! I couldn't believe it. But it is a lot of work organizing these group buys and having to refund people or charge those who pay early on full price in the end isn't fair to them and a waste of time for us. Group buy's also kind of stink because you get a large amount of people say "I'm in if we reach 10 people).... there is only one way to reach that amount and that is to just add to the list.

If we can get enough interest, I'll consider it again.

The cost difference between the adjustable kits and the non adjustable kits on the other platforms is roughly $100 or so, marginally different. Enjoy the full adjust ability!

Quote Originally Posted by Excelerate Rep View Post

We attempted the group buy route a few times a while back with very little sucess (besides the MQB pre-order). Some users on multiple forums practically begged us to do this and then none of them bought the kits! I couldn't believe it. But it is a lot of work organizing these group buys and having to refund people or charge those who pay early on full price in the end isn't fair to them and a waste of time for us. Group buy's also kind of stink because you get a large amount of people say "I'm in if we reach 10 people).... there is only one way to reach that amount and that is to just add to the list.

The cost difference between the adjustable kits and the non adjustable kits on the other platforms is roughly $100 or so, marginally different. Enjoy the full adjust ability!

So 100 bucks less for this kit with out adjustable perches. That 1000 bucks for just cool prings,correct? Wow that's seems like a lot considering most spring kits cost 300-400. These are some special springs made with special material that no one has lol sorry just doesn't make sense if that's that case. Is the two spring adding to the cost?
    2017 RS3
    2018 Q5
    2015 GMC Denali Duramax

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I am interested in group buy. But I will be ordering bbs rs-gt first though and see if I have room for lowering without rolling fenders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi's

Quote Originally Posted by brad65ford View Post
    So 100 bucks less for this kit with out adjustable perches. That 1000 bucks for just cool prings,correct? Wow that's seems like a lot considering most spring kits cost 300-400. These are some special springs made with special material that no one has lol sorry just doesn't make sense if that's that case. Is the two spring adding to the cost?
    These are made of a specialized Metallurgy that was a key element to the ride quality and performance aspect during development. This and the thousands of hours of track and road testing and countless revisions to each spring to make sure it was just right is what you pay for. There are many reasons to why these springs cost so much more than other off the shelf springs, many can attest to this.

Are these springs for everyone? No, but those who value a significant increase in performance while make the ride better than stock, will appreciate the effort gone into making a product so advanced that the price if minor when installing springs on a $60k+ car. I'll gladly take the sprinsg engineered tooptimize the platform in every way rather than just lower it and make it ride similar to stock.

If you guys want to start a group buy, we can. Details below.

10 orders 5% off
    25 orders 10% off of list
    +
    Free shipping to the cont 48 US

I have yet to experience anyone that needed to roll their fenders even with the MSS/RS3... even with aggressive offsets.

Thanks!

Greg

Veteran Member Three Rings CrystalBlu1.8T's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 RS3, 11 Q5 S-Line, 00 S4, 81 VW Caddy

I would be in on a group buy!
    IG: Rs3_Martini

These are made of a specialized Metallurgy that was a key element to the ride quality and performance aspect during development. This and the thousands of hours of track and road testing and countless revisions to each spring to make sure it was just right is what you pay for. There are many reasons to why these springs cost so much more than other off the shelf springs, many can attest to this.

Are these springs for everyone? No, but those who value a significant increase in performance while make the ride better than stock, will appreciate the effort gone into making a product so advanced that the price if minor when installing springs on a $60k+ car. I'll gladly take the sprinsg engineered tooptimize the platform in every way rather than just lower it and make it ride similar to stock.

If you guys want to start a group buy, we can. Details below.

10 orders 5% off
    25 orders 10% off of list
    +
    Free shipping to the cont 48 US

I have yet to experience anyone that needed to roll their fenders even with the MSS/RS3... even with aggressive offsets.

Thanks!

Greg
    Thank you Greg. Please excuse my writing from my cell phone. Regarding group buys. I agree that they are odd and tricky for the sellers. May I suggest a flash sale one day only, this may allow any unknown or uncertainty fast sales to get people (myself included) in these killer kits ordered.
    2017 RS3
    2018 Q5
    2015 GMC Denali Duramax

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

i'm in for group buy!

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

More photos of North America's first RS3 with an MSS Sport kit - Fully Adjustable.

Nice Stance! Is this on the lowest adjustment front and back or can it get lower? in particular the front.

Senior Member Three Rings thebc's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Pretty sure mine was first, just sayin

Is that fully dropped? Also curious on wheel specs, looks perfectly flush. Perfect stance imo. If I could pull that off without rubbing I’d be all over it:)

See you guys on Tuesday.

'18 RS 3 - Gretchen build thread
    '16 Golf R /sold
    '10 S4 /sold

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi's

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalBlu1.8T View Post
    I would be in on a group buy!
    Thanks for the interest!

Quote Originally Posted by brad65ford View Post
    Thank you Greg. Please excuse my writing from my cell phone. Regarding group buys. I agree that they are odd and tricky for the sellers. May I suggest a flash sale one day only, this may allow any unknown or uncertainty fast sales to get people (myself included) in these killer kits ordered.
    No worries! Thanks for the suggestion. The only problem with the one day flash sales is, unless users are highly active on the forum they won't see it and miss out on it.

Quote Originally Posted by banzrs3 View Post
    i'm in for group buy!
    Sounds good, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Remi28 View Post
    Nice Stance! Is this on the lowest adjustment front and back or can it get lower? in particular the front.
    This car is all the way down.

Quote Originally Posted by thebc View Post

Is that fully dropped? Also curious on wheel specs, looks perfectly flush. Perfect stance imo. If I could pull that off without rubbing I’d be all over it:)

See you guys on Tuesday.

In the US, Most definitely was. This gent in Canada was on top of his game getting them installed.

See you Tuesday.

AZ Member #

Soooo, next is TTRS in the coming month...right?
    2018 TTRS - Suzuka Grey
    2013 S4 - Monsoon Grey
    2012 A5 - Glacier White (Sold 11/13/17 )

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi's

Quote Originally Posted by Izzu View Post
    Soooo, next is TTRS in the coming month...right?
    Not sure. I won't say anything until William gives me the okay. He hasn't done so yet.

Veteran Member Four Rings Hyphy's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I'm in for the kit. 100%

Nick
    I'm not driving fast, I'm flying low.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by thebc View Post

See you guys on Tuesday.

Did you go with comfort, sport or track???

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi's

Quote Originally Posted by Hyphy View Post
    I'm in for the kit. 100%

Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by J_3_f_f View Post
    Did you go with comfort, sport or track???

There are only two kits, sport and track.

AZ Member #

Does track go lower than sport?

Nick

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi's

Does track go lower than sport?

No the sport and track share the same ride height adjustment range.

Thanks,

Greg

AZ Member #

MSS SPRING KITS for 8V RS3 :: IN STOCK ::

Greg, do you know anyone that has driven an rs3 with the sport and track kit? I'm wondering if the track kit is a lot less comfortable on the street, compared to the sport. Thanks.

Nick

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Nick

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Any info on those of us with RS Fixed Sport Suspension?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi's

Greg, do you know anyone that has driven an rs3 with the sport and track kit? I'm wondering if the track kit is a lot less comfortable on the street, compared to the sport. Thanks.

Nick

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Hi Nick, with Mag Ride the sport and track kit ride very very similar to one another and from my experience on the Golf R, not really any different at all. The largest change is going to be when the shock is under much heavier load conditions ie: at the track. Around town the majority of both kits' components are the same (front spring and rear black spring) those are what dictate the ride quality mainly. The rear orange spring is stiffer in a sense that is range is extended on the heavy end. But the around town and spirited driving aren't really going to be any different.

I hope this makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by mcb337 View Post
    Any info on those of us with RS Fixed Sport Suspension?

What kind of info do you need? We have 3-4 RS3's in the states running these on fixed shocks. All with fantastic results, all sport fully adjustable kits too.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Hi Nick, with Mag Ride the sport and track kit ride very very similar to one another and from my experience on the Golf R, not really any different at all. The largest change is going to be when the shock is under much heavier load conditions ie: at the track. Around town the majority of both kits' components are the same (front spring and rear black spring) those are what dictate the ride quality mainly. The rear orange spring is stiffer in a sense that is range is extended on the heavy end. But the around town and spirited driving aren't really going to be any different.

I hope this makes sense.
    So if that’s the case, why would folks get sport instead of track??? Sounds like it makes more sense to just get track package. And is it correct that front is same between two and only rears change???

I will be ordering mine in a week or so once I finish gathering information.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi's

So if that’s the case, why would folks get sport instead of track??? Sounds like it makes more sense to just get track package. And is it correct that front is same between two and only rears change???

I will be ordering mine in a week or so once I finish gathering information.

The price increase between the two kits is generally the main consideration.

While the the two kits ride very similar and nearly identical in most situations, there are some instances that the track pack will ride differently. For example in conditions where a large amount of body flex is required and side to side oscillation from road surface change are going to feel more apparent. The chassis becomes more rigid than the sport kits. But it is not overwhelmingly uncomfortable and is still very streetable. But ride quality is far too subjective to spell it out making it a clear cut decision. There is a reason why I recommend the sport kit for a car mainly daily driven but sometimes tracked and not vice versa.

You are correct only the rear orange spring in this instance is different. Front uses the same street kit.

If you have any other questions please post them here, this way they can be answered publicly so others can get a sense for their own decision making.

Thanks!

Greg

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

The price increase between the two kits is generally the main consideration.

While the the two kits ride very similar and nearly identical in most situations, there are some instances that the track pack will ride differently. For example in conditions where a large amount of body flex is required and side to side oscillation from road surface change are going to feel more apparent. The chassis becomes more rigid than the sport kits. But it is not overwhelmingly uncomfortable and is still very streetable. But ride quality is far too subjective to spell it out making it a clear cut decision. There is a reason why I recommend the sport kit for a car mainly daily driven but sometimes tracked and not vice versa.

You are correct only the rear orange spring in this instance is different. Front uses the same street kit.

If you have any other questions please post them here, this way they can be answered publicly so others can get a sense for their own decision making.

Thanks!

Greg
    Thanks for the explanation. This helps. My google search and your website didnt help me find links for price/buying option for RS3 kits. Could you provide link please?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi's

Thanks for the explanation. This helps. My google search and your website didnt help me find links for price/buying option for RS3 kits. Could you provide link please?

You are very welcome, hopefully it was helpful to you. The A3/S3/RS3 Kits are the same so you can enter in the vehicle type by S3 and you will find the kit you want (for now) We are in the process of a ground up design and implementation of a new web store.. so look for that in the coming months. Our current provider has limited us for quite some time, hence why you don't see RS3 as a vehicle listing yet. So I apologize for the inconvenience.

Check the notes for RS3 Application verification.

Audi 8V A3/S3/RS3 MQB Sport Kit

Audi 8V A3/S3/RS3 MQB Track Pack

Thanks!

Greg

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Were spring rates covered off on?
    What's the stock RS3 spring rate and what are the rates of the new kit?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi's

The MSS Spring rates are not published and public information. But this should explain a lot about how the kits work and how the were developed.

I can tell you the RS3 spring rate is high, very high... and for no reason other than Audi thought (make it so stiff the people who buy the car think the car handles well)... just my guess. The front rate is tested at 320lb give our take a few L B's. Many abnormalities found in the rest of the MQB platform's stock suspension still show presence in the RS3 based off the feedback I have been given. Hence, the RS3 was a key element in the development of these kits.

The MSS Kits for the MQB platform are developed to operate in a range of spring rates based off a range of vehicle weights so that the same kits worked very well in all models and trim levels. This is not typical fashion in a lot of cases but in this solution it is very applicable.

These kits were tested on and work with the lightest A3 to the heaviest of the group the A3 Quattro Convertible. The pre-facelift RS3 and the North American Face Lifted RS3 both fall in that range of weights. The North American Facelifted RS3 is actually quite close in weight to the 2.0T in the S3 so the results are very similar..

So why do I keep talking about a range? You generally cannot make a single progressive or linear spring ride well, perform well and provide a reasonable ride height reduction. This is where the stacked arrangement solution comes into play. This two part rear arrangement allows the use of this range by using two different springs with two different operating rates... working together in unison.

So, lets use some fictional numbers here. The rear suspension operates on a scale of 1 to 10 in spring rate. 1 being the softest and 10 being the stiffest. The Black spring is the soft spring and handles the 1-5 range in comfort/around town handling and compresses rather quickly. The orange spring takes over at 5 when the black spring compresses and is at its limitations and the orange spring covers up to that rating of 10 using the black spring as its base rate.

I hope this answers your question.

Thanks,

Greg

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I don't want to get into a big back and forth. No it doesn't really answer my question except that the front spring rate is 320lbs (thank you for that). Too many times i've seen spring rates reduced in the aftermarket with no mention of motion ratio consideration . While MSS may give people the look they want I'm not comfortable with mystery rates. The 320 front spring rate is interesting (gtr oem fronts are ~800lbs!!!!) but it doesn't seem obnoxiously high. It would be great to see what other options there are. In my current daily driver i run eibach 500f/500r springs and have ohlins with 530f/390r swifts ready to go.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by OE2 View Post
    I don't want to get into a big back and forth. No it doesn't really answer my question except that the front spring rate is 320lbs (thank you for that). Too many times i've seen spring rates reduced in the aftermarket with no mention of motion ratio consideration . While MSS may give people the look they want I'm not comfortable with mystery rates. The 320 front spring rate is interesting (gtr oem fronts are ~800lbs!!!!) but it doesn't seem obnoxiously high. It would be great to see what other options there are. In my current daily driver i run eibach 500f/500r springs and have ohlins with 530f/390r swifts ready to go.
    Hi and am jumping in here blind.

I will assume the question is as below

"What's the stock RS3 spring rate and what are the rates of the new kit?"

Happy to share stock spring rates that we got on our RS3 8V and these were as follows...I am not aware of any regional variations so the North America spec RS3 8V 'should' be similar spring rates;
    Fronts - 318Ibs
    Rears - 338Ibs

We do not publish our spring rates - for what we do it really is pointless comparing spring rates...that will give misleading understanding of our products and I will briefly explain below as well as offer examples that you can easily check.

Our spring rates for the VW Golf MK7 Track Pack is softer (numerically lower numbers) than our Sports Kit (numerically higher numbers) yet the Track Pack rides considerably firmer than our Sports Kit across all speeds we tested thus from steady state 30MPH to over 100MPH on track riding the curb.

On the latest generation MagneRide, we note that less is more and I will explain that also...
    - spring rates as we have on the Audi Mk2 TT (8J) MagneRide behaved considerably stiffer on the Audi Mk3 TT (8S) which has the latest MagneRide with dual coils for quicker reaction times.

The reason we simply do not publish springs rates is that we have learned over time that in fact that means nothing and certainly does not correlate to the numeric value as one may assume. Sure, I can certainly make an 800Ibs spring ride considerably softer than a 200Ib spring...examples are below;

1) My MK2 TT-RS Rear prototype kit I have been driving for the past 2-years is over 3000Ibs yet rides softer than the stock 250Ibs linear springs now sat on my desk which I keep looking at to remind me that there is more to springs than we may all care to understand.

2) Our Development MK3 TT-RS is riding around with a rear kit that is 1000Ibs softer than my TT-RS yet rides firmer...form factor is exactly the same apart from my personal TT-RS being 1000Ibs stiffer on springs we have used;

3) Now, would it surprise you if I declared that we tested the spring rate for the BMW 3-series F3.x that we have in development and noted these rated at 100Ibs (not a typo, I promise) front springs supporting a vehicle that overall weighs in excess of 1650kg...!

Someone at BMW shares my views...spring rates are not the only key to getting a vehicle to behave...too many other factors play much more of a major role in the suspension.

Again, all of the above is based on my personal experience so I tend to pay far less attention to the OE or aftermarket spring rates when evaluating a vehicle. Am more interested in the control arms position; tires; wheel size; droop; weight to be managed; strut arrangement to name but a few useful items.

That VAG angled upper strut bearing, for example, is interesting and on the MK3 TT we finally now understand why VAG engineers looked at that and thought "oh my...we got to do that...", clever! - wish I was there in the design room when that came up. Who needs large sway bars on the rears when you can get that clever up front

If you need a vehicle to setup for daily use and regular track action, we have a solution for that in MSS Sports.

If you want to go super stiff for track use yet still be able to drive to and from track, we have a solution for that in MSS 'LS'.

The other solutions are what they say - MSS Streets for daily driver; MSS Track Pack for regular track / weekend use.

If you should find our 'LS' kit is just too soft...drop me a line...I like mini projects...that is the only time I get to play properly via our bespoke division, MKB, which we will be promoting more next year.

Apologies to not be able to fuel the springs rate views - I just happen to know from experience that higher or softer rate is irrelevant and hence we simply do not share.
    William | Founder | MSS KITS

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi's

Thank you for chiming in William

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by 996CAB View Post
    Hi and am jumping in here blind.

I will assume the question is as below

"What's the stock RS3 spring rate and what are the rates of the new kit?"

Happy to share stock spring rates that we got on our RS3 8V and these were as follows...I am not aware of any regional variations so the North America spec RS3 8V 'should' be similar spring rates;
    Fronts - 318Ibs
    Rears - 338Ibs

We do not publish our spring rates - for what we do it really is pointless comparing spring rates...that will give misleading understanding of our products and I will briefly explain below as well as offer examples that you can easily check.

Our spring rates for the VW Golf MK7 Track Pack is softer (numerically lower numbers) than our Sports Kit (numerically higher numbers) yet the Track Pack rides considerably firmer than our Sports Kit across all speeds we tested thus from steady state 30MPH to over 100MPH on track riding the curb.

On the latest generation MagneRide, we note that less is more and I will explain that also...
    - spring rates as we have on the Audi Mk2 TT (8J) MagneRide behaved considerably stiffer on the Audi Mk3 TT (8S) which has the latest MagneRide with dual coils for quicker reaction times.

The reason we simply do not publish springs rates is that we have learned over time that in fact that means nothing and certainly does not correlate to the numeric value as one may assume. Sure, I can certainly make an 800Ibs spring ride considerably softer than a 200Ib spring...examples are below;

1) My MK2 TT-RS Rear prototype kit I have been driving for the past 2-years is over 3000Ibs yet rides softer than the stock 250Ibs linear springs now sat on my desk which I keep looking at to remind me that there is more to springs than we may all care to understand.

2) Our Development MK3 TT-RS is riding around with a rear kit that is 1000Ibs softer than my TT-RS yet rides firmer...form factor is exactly the same apart from my personal TT-RS being 1000Ibs stiffer on springs we have used;

3) Now, would it surprise you if I declared that we tested the spring rate for the BMW 3-series F3.x that we have in development and noted these rated at 100Ibs (not a typo, I promise) front springs supporting a vehicle that overall weighs in excess of 1650kg...!

Someone at BMW shares my views...spring rates are not the only key to getting a vehicle to behave...too many other factors play much more of a major role in the suspension.

Again, all of the above is based on my personal experience so I tend to pay far less attention to the OE or aftermarket spring rates when evaluating a vehicle. Am more interested in the control arms position; tires; wheel size; droop; weight to be managed; strut arrangement to name but a few useful items.

That VAG angled upper strut bearing, for example, is interesting and on the MK3 TT we finally now understand why VAG engineers looked at that and thought "oh my...we got to do that...", clever! - wish I was there in the design room when that came up. Who needs large sway bars on the rears when you can get that clever up front

If you need a vehicle to setup for daily use and regular track action, we have a solution for that in MSS Sports.

If you want to go super stiff for track use yet still be able to drive to and from track, we have a solution for that in MSS 'LS'.

The other solutions are what they say - MSS Streets for daily driver; MSS Track Pack for regular track / weekend use.

If you should find our 'LS' kit is just too soft...drop me a line...I like mini projects...that is the only time I get to play properly via our bespoke division, MKB, which we will be promoting more next year.

Apologies to not be able to fuel the springs rate views - I just happen to know from experience that higher or softer rate is irrelevant and hence we simply do not share.
    Thanks for the above. Especially the stock spring rates. I am very interested in how the factory sets up the audi. Knowing what they compromise on helps me understand where the flexibility is. I know the springs sit further inboard compared to DWB or ML suspensions and that the rate at the spring is different than the rate at the tire. Since you guys run dual springs (assuming different linear spring rates) in the rear it would seem like you are working on the best of both worlds when it comes to street driving comfort and then track cornering capabilities. So maybe it's not as simple as 1 linear spring rate because you have 2 different spring rates that interplay.

Im thinking something like this applies?
    https://www.hypercoils.com/tech-tips...al-rate-setup/

It doesn't sound like you guys need much in the way of complexity in the front compared to the rear?

FYI I come from the Japanese car world where the RSX could run a 800lbs rear spring but have an effective spring rate of 400 at the tire, and the McPherson strut cars are 1:1, with my double wishbone and multi-link somewhere in the middle. I also change rates with the sway bar changes as well.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi's

Before/After Fresh Installation of the Fully Adjustable Sport Kit - Will report back on where the adjusters are set when available.

Front will settle 5-6mm or so after 2,000 miles have been traveled.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by OE2 View Post
    Thanks for the above. Especially the stock spring rates. I am very interested in how the factory sets up the audi. Knowing what they compromise on helps me understand where the flexibility is. I know the springs sit further inboard compared to DWB or ML suspensions and that the rate at the spring is different than the rate at the tire. Since you guys run dual springs (assuming different linear spring rates) in the rear it would seem like you are working on the best of both worlds when it comes to street driving comfort and then track cornering capabilities. So maybe it's not as simple as 1 linear spring rate because you have 2 different spring rates that interplay.

Im thinking something like this applies?
    https://www.hypercoils.com/tech-tips...al-rate-setup/

It doesn't sound like you guys need much in the way of complexity in the front compared to the rear?

FYI I come from the Japanese car world where the RSX could run a 800lbs rear spring but have an effective spring rate of 400 at the tire, and the McPherson strut cars are 1:1, with my double wishbone and multi-link somewhere in the middle. I also change rates with the sway bar changes as well.
    You are welcome on the stock springs info.

On the link supplied, am sure you can appreciate that I cannot comment on 3rd party products due to their design goals or principle not being common knowledge to me at least and an assumption would not be wise either. Eibach are our development and manufacturing partner for many years now - we are very happy with their vast experience and knowledge in this space.

Our design goal was always to simplify springs on the main steered axle (am aware of RWS however that does not affect our solution).

Rear axle is the complex area and when coupled with the simplified front axle it does make for interesting product development/challenges.

Am not a fan of uprated sway bars... IMHO, these are too crude in operation for my liking and lacks the granular control I would prefer to feel on an axle - the ON/OFF switch (especially on wet tarmac) is just not for me though keep in mind this is a very personal choice. I do find the OE sway bars to be more than adequate...in fact on my TT-RS 8J Roadster, if I could downgrade it, I certainly will!

Glad on the shift away from too much focus on spring rates.
    William | Founder | MSS KITS

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi's

Thank you for the valuable information William.

Veteran Member Four Rings John P.'s Avatar
    AZ Member #

Just had the MSS track front and sport rears put on yesterday, and so far it's all love.

John P.
    five_cyl on Instagram <-- link
    -2018 Audi RS3 (Delivered August 3, 2017)
    -2011 Audi S5 (Gone)
    -2001 Audi TT (Gone)

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Mops@SupremePower's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '18 S4, '16 SQ5

Shutting it down John!
    ADV.1 | AG | Advan | APR | AWE | BBS | BLK | Brembo | Capristo | 034MS | Forgeline | GMG | H&R | Klassen | Milltek | Modulare | OZ | Stoptech | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more

Use code Mops13 for 13% off your Adams Polishes order!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi's

Quote Originally Posted by Mops@SupremePower View Post
    Shutting it down John!
    Yup, thanks for Sharing John and Mops! Thanks for the support and a job well done on all accounts.

Also, we are still contemplating running 10% off for Black Friday.. if you are interested, send me an email

Greg@excelerateperformance.com

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Yup, thanks for Sharing John and Mops! Thanks for the support and a job well done on all accounts.

Also, we are still contemplating running 10% off for Black Friday.. if you are interested, send me an email

Greg@excelerateperformance.com
    I didn’t order spring yet as my car is in a dealership for repair last couple weeks. I guess there is something good coming out of this. I am definitely in and will send you email now!