Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Active Member One Ring siscopr2124's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 12 2017
    AZ Member #
    406779
    Location
    ca

    Audi mmi 2g to 3g free upgrade

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Audi connect customer service couldnt be any cooler. They took care of me with info that the dealership had no clue about. If u have an old mmi 2g and want to upgrade to 3g watch this before u pay a dime.

    https://youtu.be/MVN80Sab4Ng

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Audizine mobile app

  2. #2
    Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    396205
    Location
    Auburn Hills, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by siscopr2124 View Post
    Audi connect customer service couldnt be any cooler. They took care of me with info that the dealership had no clue about. If u have an old mmi 2g and want to upgrade to 3g watch this before u pay a dime.

    https://youtu.be/MVN80Sab4Ng

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Audizine mobile app
    Thanks for sharing your experience! I am glad to hear that you have been able to receive 3G connectivity in your vehicle with no out of pocket expense. You are also correct, customers in affected markets may still have the opportunity to have their hardware upgraded ONLY while supplies last. If you have any questions on the process give your local dealership a call!
    Vincenzo F.

    Audi Social Community Manager

  3. #3
    Senior Member Two Rings Cobra357's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 13 2011
    AZ Member #
    81200
    My Garage
    VW Jetta
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Items for Sale

    I've a Audi A6 C6 2005 will that upgrade work for me?
    ALL MOTOR 3.2...................

  4. #4
    Senior Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Apr 07 2010
    AZ Member #
    57312
    My Garage
    2015 VW Sportwagen Diesel
    Location
    Southington, CT

    Quote Originally Posted by Cobra357 View Post
    I've a Audi A6 C6 2005 will that upgrade work for me?
    I think he means upgrading the AudiConnect connectivity from 2G to 3G for faster data connection speeds, not updating the 2nd Generation MMI to the 3rd Generation MMI.

  5. #5
    Active Member Two Rings eddie_m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 25 2017
    AZ Member #
    403654
    Location
    Chicago

    I have an Audi s4 b8.5 2013 it runs 2g will that work for me??


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  6. #6
    Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    396205
    Location
    Auburn Hills, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by Cobra357 View Post
    I've a Audi A6 C6 2005 will that upgrade work for me?
    Hello everyone,

    The T-mobile Turndown that we are referencing here affected only certain MY 12 & 13 Audi connect equipped vehicles, making only 2G data speeds possible while driving in specific affected areas. The program officially ended on July 10, 2017 so it is very unlikely that parts still exist. However, it is still recommended to speak with your local dealership to see if they have any remaining parts and to schedule an appointment. Please let me know if you have questions.
    Vincenzo F.

    Audi Social Community Manager

  7. #7
    Active Member Two Rings eddie_m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 25 2017
    AZ Member #
    403654
    Location
    Chicago

    Audi mmi 2g to 3g free upgrade

    Quote Originally Posted by Audi USA View Post
    Hello everyone,

    The T-mobile Turndown that we are referencing here affected only certain MY 12 & 13 Audi connect equipped vehicles, making only 2G data speeds possible while driving in specific affected areas. The program officially ended on July 10, 2017 so it is very unlikely that parts still exist. However, it is still recommended to speak with your local dealership to see if they have any remaining parts and to schedule an appointment. Please let me know if you have questions.
    Do u have any idea what the cost are if they have one ?
    And Iím not sure now if I really have the 2g how can you tell if I have the 3g??


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Last edited by eddie_m; 11-20-2017 at 12:25 PM.

  8. #8
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Oct 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    408827
    Location
    Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by siscopr2124 View Post
    Audi connect customer service couldnt be any cooler. They took care of me with info that the dealership had no clue about. If u have an old mmi 2g and want to upgrade to 3g watch this before u pay a dime.

    https://youtu.be/MVN80Sab4Ng

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Audizine mobile app
    Helpful Video. Thanks for sharing:)

  9. #9
    Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    396205
    Location
    Auburn Hills, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by eddie_m View Post
    Do u have any idea what the cost are if they have one ?
    And Iím not sure now if I really have the 2g how can you tell if I have the 3g??


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    To determine the cost and availability we advise consulting with your local dealership. I would require your VIN to determine if you were specifically affected by the connectivity issues, feel free to send me a PM at any point in time.

    Thank you,
    Vincenzo F.

    Audi Social Community Manager

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2017 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.