Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Any idea what's going on with 684 paving?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    So NYS finally decided to repave some of the worst sections of highway ever, which probably haven't been fully redone in 30 years, but did anyone notice that the new pavement starting right about Hardscrabble Rd. going north seems to be very low quality? It literally seems like they just went right over the old stuff. Anyone have better insight into what the overall project is?

Established Member Two Rings richies5's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by amusante View Post
    So NYS finally decided to repave some of the worst sections of highway ever, which probably haven't been fully redone in 30 years, but did anyone notice that the new pavement starting right about Hardscrabble Rd. going north seems to be very low quality? It literally seems like they just went right over the old stuff. Anyone have better insight into what the overall project is?
    Idk but I almost blew a tire on the rental getting onto 684 from 84

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 s5 3.0t
    Estoril blue
    Resonator delete
    X pipe mod

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by richies5 View Post

I had a blow out last year right near the Katonah exit. Which direction were you coming from? I slammed a pothole really hard recently coming from 84 west to 684. Taking it everyday, you quickly memorize the big ones to avoid.

Established Member Two Rings richies5's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I was going west on 84 . I live right at the abbey woods apartments . Hope I don't blow more tires . Heading to Long Island to pick up the car today . Cracked a wheel from last blowout

2014 s5 3.0t
    Estoril blue
    Resonator delete
    X pipe mod

Senior Member Three Rings 2010A6's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Any idea what's going on with 684 paving?

Had some highway redone by me recently. They put down the first layer which was shit and then two months later put down a super smooth top layer. My guess was they needed to let the first layer cure for a bit and then put a second layer on top to fill in and smooth out the impurities. Just a guess though

Veteran Member Four Rings DannyDeez's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    12 S4, 16 Q5
    Items for Sale

I agree with you but I'm just happy they've finally paved it. Random: But was that you riding with me on 84 last night around 8ish? I gave a honk but I was in my own world on a phone call.

Quote Originally Posted by richies5 View Post

That ramp is a fucking nightmare. I swear another pothole appears every day. Thank god I've managed to avoid them, but its becoming harder and harder. Who can we call to complain? Im sure they'll come fill the holes at a minimum.
    2012 Brilliant Black S4 Prestige, 6 speed (Click for thread)

2016 Monsoon Gray Q5 Prem Plus, Tech, Sport, 19's (Click for thread)

2015 Brilliant Black A3 Cab (Sold)
    2006 Quartz Gray A4, 6 speed (Sold)
    2013 Phantom Black S5, 6 Speed (Sold)
    2001.5 Nogaro S4, 6 Speed (x2) (Sold)

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by DannyDeez View Post
    I agree with you but I'm just happy they've finally paved it. Random: But was that you riding with me on 84 last night around 8ish? I gave a honk but I was in my own world on a phone call.

That ramp is a fucking nightmare. I swear another pothole appears every day. Thank god I've managed to avoid them, but its becoming harder and harder. Who can we call to complain? Im sure they'll come fill the holes at a minimum.
    Ha, I thought that was you, but your avatar looked like a B8.5 instead of a B8, but yea, we were cruising near each other on that very section of 684 I'm talking about in my OP. I gave a wave at one point, but couldn't see much through the tints. I did hear the honk though.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    12 S4, 16 Q5
    Items for Sale

Ha, I thought that was you, but your avatar looked like a B8.5 instead of a B8, but yea, we were cruising near each other on that very section of 684 I'm talking about in my OP. I gave a wave at one point, but couldn't see much through the tints. I did hear the honk though.
    Haha nice! Yea my avatar is the B8.5 S5 that I used to have before this car. Sorry man didn't see the wave! I know I keep asking you this but, any luck with that windshield yet?

AZ Member #

Haha nice! Yea my avatar is the B8.5 S5 that I used to have before this car. Sorry man didn't see the wave! I know I keep asking you this but, any luck with that windshield yet?
    Ah makes sense, and I'm still slacking on it big time, but plan on going to where you went. It's not in my field of view, but has been creeping more and more. I should probably get on that, and based on some thread recently, I need to demand OEM glass, so that should be fun.

Also, way off-topic at this point, but what exhaust are you running? It wasn't loud cruising, but I could hear you get on it when passing the slow pokes

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    12 S4, 16 Q5
    Items for Sale

Ah makes sense, and I'm still slacking on it big time, but plan on going to where you went. It's not in my field of view, but has been creeping more and more. I should probably get on that, and based on some thread recently, I need to demand OEM glass, so that should be fun.

Also, way off-topic at this point, but what exhaust are you running? It wasn't loud cruising, but I could hear you get on it when passing the slow pokes
    Ah ok. Rick was very easy to deal with and he even made the repair at my house after picking up the glass from Danbury Audi. Super simple and he was done quick.

You'll likely have to argue with the insurance as I did. Pain in the ass but they covered it in the end.

I'm running the AWE Touring exhaust with stock downpipes. I have a 6spd manual so there's no drone or need for resonated DP's.
    Thanks for the compliment! I love this exhaust as I think it sounds perfect on the 3.0T. I had it on my S5 as well.

You planning on an exhaust? Or do you have one currently?

AZ Member #

Ah ok. Rick was very easy to deal with and he even made the repair at my house after picking up the glass from Danbury Audi. Super simple and he was done quick.

You'll likely have to argue with the insurance as I did. Pain in the ass but they covered it in the end.

I'm running the AWE Touring exhaust with stock downpipes. I have a 6spd manual so there's no drone or need for resonated DP's.
    Thanks for the compliment! I love this exhaust as I think it sounds perfect on the 3.0T. I had it on my S5 as well.

You planning on an exhaust? Or do you have one currently?
    I'm all stock. I still have a third party warranty until February that has saved my ass big time in the last year so I don't want to mess that up. Otherwise, I think I'm just going to get the x-pipe, as I don't have the cash to throw two grand at an exhaust.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    12 S4, 16 Q5
    Items for Sale

I'm all stock. I still have a third party warranty until February that has saved my ass big time in the last year so I don't want to mess that up. Otherwise, I think I'm just going to get the x-pipe, as I don't have the cash to throw two grand at an exhaust.
    Yea I hear you. My car is still under the CPO warranty until the end of December but the exhaust doesn't affect it. Not sure how your warranty company handles things though so best not to chance it. If you get the itch, you're much better off buying a used exhaust anyhow. Thats what I did this time around.

AZ Member #

Yea I hear you. My car is still under the CPO warranty until the end of December but the exhaust doesn't affect it. Not sure how your warranty company handles things though so best not to chance it. If you get the itch, you're much better off buying a used exhaust anyhow. Thats what I did this time around.
    Ah, that makes sense. I take my car to speedsport, and Chris told me he's had Fidelity deny claims before because of an intake, so I'll just ride it out, but I'll definitely keep my eye out in the classifieds. I just went through your build thread. Man, I wish was as capable as you, your car is awesome.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    12 S4, 16 Q5
    Items for Sale

Ah, that makes sense. I take my car to speedsport, and Chris told me he's had Fidelity deny claims before because of an intake, so I'll just ride it out, but I'll definitely keep my eye out in the classifieds. I just went through your build thread. Man, I wish was as capable as you, your car is awesome.
    Ouch. I believe it tho. Warranty companies are only out for themselves. Thanks for the kind words about my car! Ive been focusing on the wifes Q5 and kind of put a hold on my S4 for now, but I hope to have a minor update to the build thread shortly.