Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: IROZ CX

  1. #1
    Senior Member Two Rings spawn350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 30 2014
    AZ Member #
    269313
    My Garage
    2018 TT-RS, 2017 GTI, 2016 Ducati Diavel Carbon, 2013 GT-R Black Edition, 1969 Camaro SS
    Location
    Austin, TX

    IROZ CX

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    To be fair: this should be title "IROZ Customer Experience" after I learned more about the company.The below is true, though it does look like they are trying to improve in the future.

    They were incredibly unresponsive, even when trying to buy more product. I can't, in good conscience, give them hard earned dollars when they don't value their customers. Many folks have bought product from them, asked for updates, and been ignored.

    If it was this hard to give them my $$, god forbid I have an issue.

    I advise you all consider your customer experience expectations when choosing vendors.

    Milltek has been very responsive. They are more $$, but they value their customers.

    EDIT/UPDATE: See Lusky's response. Hank did respond, apologize, and refunded my $$ in a timely manner. They have hired a full-time office person. Obviously, I have no idea if or how that will impact customer support, but I wanted to update the post to provide accurate data-points for folks.
    Last edited by spawn350; 09-14-2017 at 03:03 PM.
    2018 Audi TT-RS / Dayontona Gray / Custom Downpipe and Secondary Hi-Flo Cat / DTUK Pedal Box / Unitronic Stage 1+ Tune

  2. #2
    Established Member Two Rings Chuckster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 18 2017
    AZ Member #
    393575
    My Garage
    '17 TTS & '16 Q3
    Location
    Socal

    Not that this impacts me as I have a TTS, but in general this often happens to new niche cars with smaller aftermarket companies trying to decide whether to make product for it or not. I'm suprised they came out with anything at all this early. My only hope was it helps encourage more companies to make TTS stuff. Whenever I buy a new car not mainstream, I expect long delays for aftermarket support and often none at all. When I was modding mustangs, it was quite the opposite. I almost went with a dba GTR because of the aftermarket support instead of the Audi.
    2017 Audi TTS
    2016 Audi Q3

  3. #3
    Senior Member Three Rings Huey52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 22 2010
    AZ Member #
    68545
    Location
    New England

    Well said. European niche cars in general don't support much in the way of aftermarket. When I was modding Mazda's there was seemingly no end to products. And keep in mind that modding is more an American tradition than elsewhere. Case in point Great Britain, where more TT's are sold than anywhere, rarely mod their new vehicles.
    Not to justify poor customer service but rather to echo the relative barren wasteland of aftermarket TT parts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
    Not that this impacts me as I have a TTS, but in general this often happens to new niche cars with smaller aftermarket companies trying to decide whether to make product for it or not. I'm suprised they came out with anything at all this early. My only hope was it helps encourage more companies to make TTS stuff. Whenever I buy a new car not mainstream, I expect long delays for aftermarket support and often none at all. When I was modding mustangs, it was quite the opposite. I almost went with a dba GTR because of the aftermarket support instead of the Audi.
    2016 TTS Sepang blue/rotor gray Tech B&O
    Prior: 2013 allroad; 2011 A5

  4. #4
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 22 2016
    AZ Member #
    370656
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV

    Stay away from IROZ

    There was nobody in the office for awhile recently; there is someone full time again that started Monday. The amount of orders coming in is massive. A new fabricator was hired and starts next week.

    I had Miltek in my A3 I removed it and discarded it because it would not flow well enough to achieve my hp levels. I swapped to Iroz exhaust and it maxed out the turbo. All Miltek products that come through this shop get discarded for this reason.

    On a side note AWE exhaust that come through Iroz do flow well enough and continue to be used.

    Iroz Motorsport only had two employees until now; hiring and growing overnight to meet the demand is the go forward plan

    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  5. #5
    Senior Member Two Rings spawn350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 30 2014
    AZ Member #
    269313
    My Garage
    2018 TT-RS, 2017 GTI, 2016 Ducati Diavel Carbon, 2013 GT-R Black Edition, 1969 Camaro SS
    Location
    Austin, TX

    Quote Originally Posted by Lusky View Post
    There was nobody in the office for awhile recently; there is someone full time again that started Monday. The amount of orders coming in is massive. A new fabricator was hired and starts next week.

    I had Miltek in my A3 I removed it and discarded it because it would not flow well enough to achieve my hp levels. I swapped to Iroz exhaust and it maxed out the turbo. All Miltek products that come through this shop get discarded for this reason.

    On a side note AWE exhaust that come through Iroz do flow well enough and continue to be used.

    Iroz Motorsport only had two employees until now; hiring and growing overnight to meet the demand is the go forward plan

    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Hank emailed me this am.I was actually coming in here to add the details about the number of staff.

    That said, there is a choice folks need to make regarding service levels they expect. Of course, a 2-4 person shop won't have great service (usually). For me, knowing that someone will answer the phone if there are issues is critically important to me. If something didn't fit, or didn't work in some way I could see it being a major PIA. For me, the trade-off of (potentially) superior products is not worth the exposure of poor customer support.
    2018 Audi TT-RS / Dayontona Gray / Custom Downpipe and Secondary Hi-Flo Cat / DTUK Pedal Box / Unitronic Stage 1+ Tune

  6. #6
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 22 2016
    AZ Member #
    370656
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV

    Stay away from IROZ

    Quote Originally Posted by spawn350 View Post
    Hank emailed me this am.I was actually coming in here to add the details about the number of staff.

    That said, there is a choice folks need to make regarding service levels they expect. Of course, a 2-4 person shop won't have great service (usually). For me, knowing that someone will answer the phone if there are issues is critically important to me. If something didn't fit, or didn't work in some way I could see it being a major PIA. For me, the trade-off of (potentially) superior products is not worth the exposure of poor customer support.
    Like I stated only as of this week someone in office full time. Furthermore the title of your post vs what actually happened is misleading. Title appears you may have their hardware and had failures or fitment issues when in fact all that appeared to happen is you placed an order for product after the 50+ orders for the new DP and Secondary deletes came in at a time along with all the other in shop builds and request for various platforms when office guy was out. Title vs actual does not correlate its basically you crying because you can't get an answer and your parts immediately which I totally understand I want everything that is the best and I want it now I would just handle differently


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  7. #7
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 22 2016
    AZ Member #
    370656
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV

    Stay away from IROZ

    Update: I stopped by the shop and mentioned this and found out they responded to you within in 24 hours. Office guy going through extensive training this week.

    I've gone through other companies and their products failed to deliver / never worked as advertised. I found Iroz because of this. Before me they basically did the older platform; MK2 TTRS and almost no local business. I switched to their offerings and immediately reached my goals and the word started getting out especially when Iroz decided to develop the MQB 2.0 because others were setting the bar so low.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  8. #8
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 22 2016
    AZ Member #
    370656
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV

    Just curious what all are you trying to purchase from them now and potentially in the future?


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  9. #9
    Senior Member Two Rings spawn350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 30 2014
    AZ Member #
    269313
    My Garage
    2018 TT-RS, 2017 GTI, 2016 Ducati Diavel Carbon, 2013 GT-R Black Edition, 1969 Camaro SS
    Location
    Austin, TX

    Quote Originally Posted by Lusky View Post
    Like I stated only as of this week someone in office full time. Furthermore the title of your post vs what actually happened is misleading. Title appears you may have their hardware and had failures or fitment issues when in fact all that appeared to happen is you placed an order for product after the 50+ orders for the new DP and Secondary deletes came in at a time along with all the other in shop builds and request for various platforms when office guy was out. Title vs actual does not correlate its basically you crying because you can't get an answer and your parts immediately which I totally understand I want everything that is the best and I want it now I would just handle differently


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Getting my parts was less of an issue that getting a response, and then actions taking place when promised. I get that they have to make them and I just have to wait my turn in line. As long as the time-frame is communicated, I am OK with waiting. I'm into custom bicycles and often have to wait YEARS for them to be built.

    So, it was 4 unanswered requests to buy more product that initially set me off. This was over a full week period. I reached out to Hank, who was responsive, and told me I would have an invoice the following morning - lesson #1 for customer experience: don't promise a time unless you can deliver. After 36 hours had passed, I asked for a refund (see edit to original post). I was attempting to get the same setup you have - DP and Cat-Delete. Ordered the DP and wanted to add the Cat-Delete.

    This is coming from having dealt with 2 types of tuners/parts suppliers in the past:

    1. Those that ignore, overpromise/underdeliver, and constantly make excuses, and definitely aren't there to provide support if there is an issue.

    2. Those that are the opposite of #1.

    While this is a limited experience, I saw us heading down the path of #1 and decided to tie my horse to another pole.

    I edited the title and original post to include new information.
    2018 Audi TT-RS / Dayontona Gray / Custom Downpipe and Secondary Hi-Flo Cat / DTUK Pedal Box / Unitronic Stage 1+ Tune

  10. #10
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 22 2016
    AZ Member #
    370656
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV

    Quote Originally Posted by spawn350 View Post
    Getting my parts was less of an issue that getting a response, and then actions taking place when promised. I get that they have to make them and I just have to wait my turn in line. As long as the time-frame is communicated, I am OK with waiting. I'm into custom bicycles and often have to wait YEARS for them to be built.

    So, it was 4 unanswered requests to buy more product that initially set me off. This was over a full week period. I reached out to Hank, who was responsive, and told me I would have an invoice the following morning - lesson #1 for customer experience: don't promise a time unless you can deliver. After 36 hours had passed, I asked for a refund (see edit to original post). I was attempting to get the same setup you have - DP and Cat-Delete. Ordered the DP and wanted to add the Cat-Delete.

    This is coming from having dealt with 2 types of tuners/parts suppliers in the past:

    1. Those that ignore, overpromise/underdeliver, and constantly make excuses, and definitely aren't there to provide support if there is an issue.

    2. Those that are the opposite of #1.

    While this is a limited experience, I saw us heading down the path of #1 and decided to tie my horse to another pole.

    I edited the title and original post to include new information.
    Sorry to hear you will not be joining me and others at the the top of the performance ranks.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  11. #11
    Senior Member Two Rings spawn350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 30 2014
    AZ Member #
    269313
    My Garage
    2018 TT-RS, 2017 GTI, 2016 Ducati Diavel Carbon, 2013 GT-R Black Edition, 1969 Camaro SS
    Location
    Austin, TX

    Quote Originally Posted by Lusky View Post
    Sorry to hear you will not be joining me and others at the the top of the performance ranks.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Honestly, not that important to me. I don't want to get carried away with weight reduction and every possible power modification at the expense of drivability, usability, and public perception (as in, I don't want to annoy neighbors and such with an overly loud car).
    2018 Audi TT-RS / Dayontona Gray / Custom Downpipe and Secondary Hi-Flo Cat / DTUK Pedal Box / Unitronic Stage 1+ Tune

  12. #12
    Established Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 22 2016
    AZ Member #
    370656
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV

    Stay away from IROZ

    Quote Originally Posted by spawn350 View Post
    Honestly, not that important to me. I don't want to get carried away with weight reduction and every possible power modification at the expense of drivability, usability, and public perception (as in, I don't want to annoy neighbors and such with an overly loud car).
    Good news is you can close the valves and the sound is gone so whatever company you decide to go with if you leave your rear section you are good. I will set records without losing daily drivability.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  13. #13
    Established Member Two Rings Chuckster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 18 2017
    AZ Member #
    393575
    My Garage
    '17 TTS & '16 Q3
    Location
    Socal

    Went from a rant to a pissing match.

    Edits help. The more aftermarket support, the merrier.
    2017 Audi TTS
    2016 Audi Q3

  14. #14
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Jun 29 2015
    AZ Member #
    339878
    Location
    NJ

    I hate poor customer service but have to side with Lusky on this one. Had you known they were a small shop you may not have ordered or complained. I found AWE not very responsive when I contacted them and they are bigger and more established.
    I'll say it is not easy answering every guy from the internet, can't imagine the amount of email they get in a day.

  15. #15
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jul 31 2009
    AZ Member #
    45742
    My Garage
    1981 Euro URQ, 87 4000vr6
    Location
    Vegas

    There are tons of viable excuses to why our communication did not meet your expectation, however let me repeat my apology of not being able to meet those expectations. We will habe doubled staff by the end of the month, and we are working to nix these annoying issues that fall in the cracks.

    I do find the title a smidge disparaging. This title acts as if we stole first borns and floated them down the river. That is disappointing but the internet is a free place. ON said internet, fit, finish and quality are never an issue with our American made products, but communication and timelines sometimes drift. We will tie up those loose ends and match our unparalleled performance with unparalleled service.

    All the best

    Hank Iroz

  16. #16
    Senior Member Two Rings spawn350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 30 2014
    AZ Member #
    269313
    My Garage
    2018 TT-RS, 2017 GTI, 2016 Ducati Diavel Carbon, 2013 GT-R Black Edition, 1969 Camaro SS
    Location
    Austin, TX

    Hank - I had changed my title (well, I had thought I had to "IROZ CX") after your email response. I will attempt to rectify.
    2018 Audi TT-RS / Dayontona Gray / Custom Downpipe and Secondary Hi-Flo Cat / DTUK Pedal Box / Unitronic Stage 1+ Tune

  17. #17
    Senior Member Two Rings spawn350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 30 2014
    AZ Member #
    269313
    My Garage
    2018 TT-RS, 2017 GTI, 2016 Ducati Diavel Carbon, 2013 GT-R Black Edition, 1969 Camaro SS
    Location
    Austin, TX

    Quote Originally Posted by spawn350 View Post
    Hank - I had changed my title (well, I had thought I had to "IROZ CX") after your email response. I will attempt to rectify.
    Well, doesn't look like I can change the title or even delete the post.
    2018 Audi TT-RS / Dayontona Gray / Custom Downpipe and Secondary Hi-Flo Cat / DTUK Pedal Box / Unitronic Stage 1+ Tune

  18. #18
    Senior Member Three Rings Izzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 06 2013
    AZ Member #
    114674
    Location
    California

    If you reach out to a mod you can most likely have it changed. Especially if the thread is sitting on top of a forum tarnishing a name that has been decided doesn't need tarnishing anymore.
    2018 TTRS - Suzuka Grey
    2013 S4 - Monsoon Grey
    2012 A5 - Glacier White (Sold 11/13/17 )

  19. #19
    Established Member Two Rings Chuckster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 18 2017
    AZ Member #
    393575
    My Garage
    '17 TTS & '16 Q3
    Location
    Socal

    Only admins or mods can change the thread title. If you change it as the OP, it just changes your post title.
    Email a mod and ask they change it and explain why. I'm sure they'd understand. At least I did when I was an admin on other car forums.
    2017 Audi TTS
    2016 Audi Q3

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2017 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.