Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 61
  1. #1
    Active Member Two Rings hockeyman474's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 10 2017
    AZ Member #
    404696
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan

    Chipwerke and Pulley Question!

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    So after reading around a lot about the different ECU/TCU tunes available and the fact that my CPO warranty is still valid, I am strongly considering Chipwerke as an option. Right now my B8 DSG only has a CTS Turbo Intake on it and I will be installing a Magnaflow X-pipe soon (to hold me over until I get a full exhaust).

    My question is:
    1. Should I go Stage 1?
    2. Should I go Stage 2 with a pulley from [recommend a brand]

    We get 93 octane up here in Michigan. On rare occasions I might have to fill up with 91 or 92 but most of the time it is 93. I don't plan on running an e85 blend. Which option should I go with and why?

    I read up on the Chipwerke threads I could find and there is a lot of good information but I couldn't find exactly what I am looking for.
    2011 Audi S4 Ibis White.
    Bought 100% stock 8/2017. Let the modding begin
    BUILD THREAD

  2. #2
    Active Member Two Rings EAFLO88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08 2016
    AZ Member #
    387778
    Location
    Houston

    Chipwerke stage 2 w/ pulley is a great option to really consider. I just ordered that combo keeping in mind that I have a fixed budget on the car for the next year or 2. My budget includes doing performance, suspension, cosmetic and a few other things in which the performance part is now taken care of with lots of room left to spend on the other components.

    Yes you'll get a ton of replies to go with companies A,B,C & D because it's smoother etc. But after LOTS of research and a local running the same setup I'll be going with, I am at a peace of mind that I'll be safe and satisfied with my setup. $600 for 80whp makes mine and lots of other people's pockets happy!

  3. #3
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jul 05 2016
    AZ Member #
    375710
    Location
    Ontario

    An aftermarket pulley is likely grounds to deny a CPO warantee claim. Certainly for anything powertrian related. The chipwerke on its own is a great upgrade and can be easily removed for dealer visits. I have a 6 speed and So far no issues, but many people have reported deivability issues with the DSG. Tons of extra power over 5000rpm. Keeping the fast pedal to the floor after the shifting from 2nd to 3rd at the redline becomes a great way get your license quickly confiscated.

    I've been running 94 octane fuel since upgrading, but only out of an abundance of caution.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Three Rings ModItNow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 05 2015
    AZ Member #
    318779
    Location
    Napa, Ca

    The stage 2 map on the chipwerke is totally safe to run without an upgrade pulley. You can try that out first and if you want more low end power just install the pulley. I would recommend CTS. I had stage 1 and 2 so if you have any specific questions just ask


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  5. #5
    Established Member Three Rings Ford Prefect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 20 2017
    AZ Member #
    391171
    My Garage
    2011 Silver S4, Mercedes Benz R350 ('07 & '11), Suzuki SV1000
    Location
    New Hampshire

    Quote Originally Posted by ModItNow View Post
    The stage 2 map on the chipwerke is totally safe to run without an upgrade pulley. You can try that out first and if you want more low end power just install the pulley. I would recommend CTS. I had stage 1 and 2 so if you have any specific questions just ask


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Ok ok, I'll play the idiot in this thread. What's the difference between stage 1 and stage 2? Is this the same difference in what they used to call the CW and CW Pro? If not, how do you know what you have if you've bought on the gray market (second hand)?

    Also, this is the first I've head of using a pulley with the CW. I thought the CE just kept the bypass closed at higher RPM.

    Thanks in advance!


    Sent from my iPad using Audizine

  6. #6
    Senior Member Three Rings ModItNow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 05 2015
    AZ Member #
    318779
    Location
    Napa, Ca

    Quote Originally Posted by Ford Prefect View Post
    Ok ok, I'll play the idiot in this thread. What's the difference between stage 1 and stage 2? Is this the same difference in what they used to call the CW and CW Pro? If not, how do you know what you have if you've bought on the gray market (second hand)?

    Also, this is the first I've head of using a pulley with the CW. I thought the CE just kept the bypass closed at higher RPM.

    Thanks in advance!


    Sent from my iPad using Audizine
    Stage 2 is remapped to keep the bypass valve shut when a upgraded supercharger pulley is installed. It gives you more low end power. You can always send it in, their customer service is really good. They don't charge for a remap, you just pay for shipping.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  7. #7
    Established Member Three Rings Ford Prefect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 20 2017
    AZ Member #
    391171
    My Garage
    2011 Silver S4, Mercedes Benz R350 ('07 & '11), Suzuki SV1000
    Location
    New Hampshire

    Quote Originally Posted by ModItNow View Post
    Stage 2 is remapped to keep the bypass valve shut when a upgraded supercharger pulley is installed. It gives you more low end power. You can always send it in, their customer service is really good. They don't charge for a remap, you just pay for shipping.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Thanks Mod. One more for ya, is there a recommended pulley ratio or will they mod for what I get? Or should I get whatever pulley is most probable for a stage 2 tune in the future?


    Sent from my iPad using Audizine

  8. #8
    Active Member Two Rings hockeyman474's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 10 2017
    AZ Member #
    404696
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan

    Quote Originally Posted by ModItNow View Post
    The stage 2 map on the chipwerke is totally safe to run without an upgrade pulley. You can try that out first and if you want more low end power just install the pulley. I would recommend CTS. I had stage 1 and 2 so if you have any specific questions just ask


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    The S4 is my DD. Would you suggest starting with a stage 1 and no pulley or a stage 2 and no pulley and then add at a later date if I want?

    I have read a lot of threads and my main concern is rough shifts with the CW installed. I have a trans mount I will be putting on when I swap the front rotors, not sure if they will help a little or at all.
    2011 Audi S4 Ibis White.
    Bought 100% stock 8/2017. Let the modding begin
    BUILD THREAD

  9. #9
    Established Member Three Rings Ford Prefect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 20 2017
    AZ Member #
    391171
    My Garage
    2011 Silver S4, Mercedes Benz R350 ('07 & '11), Suzuki SV1000
    Location
    New Hampshire

    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyman474 View Post
    The S4 is my DD. Would you suggest starting with a stage 1 and no pulley or a stage 2 and no pulley and then add at a later date if I want?

    I have read a lot of threads and my main concern is rough shifts with the CW installed. I have a trans mount I will be putting on when I swap the front rotors, not sure if they will help a little or at all.
    Stage 1 and 2 are the same price, I'd do it once and go stage 2. I'm actually going to send mine so they can do the free upgrade to stage 2 and then do the pulley later.

    I honestly didn't know this was an options. But I'm curious what mod has to say


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  10. #10
    Senior Member Three Rings ModItNow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 05 2015
    AZ Member #
    318779
    Location
    Napa, Ca

    Quote Originally Posted by Ford Prefect View Post
    Thanks Mod. One more for ya, is there a recommended pulley ratio or will they mod for what I get? Or should I get whatever pulley is most probable for a stage 2 tune in the future?


    Sent from my iPad using Audizine
    A supercharger pulley from any tuner will work but there are very few that you can buy without purchasing a tune with it. CTS is the most common. That will give you a PR of 2.8 which is what all stage 2 tunes use.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  11. #11
    Senior Member Three Rings ModItNow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 05 2015
    AZ Member #
    318779
    Location
    Napa, Ca

    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyman474 View Post
    The S4 is my DD. Would you suggest starting with a stage 1 and no pulley or a stage 2 and no pulley and then add at a later date if I want?

    I have read a lot of threads and my main concern is rough shifts with the CW installed. I have a trans mount I will be putting on when I swap the front rotors, not sure if they will help a little or at all.
    I would start with stage 1 and if you don't like the shifting etc you can always return it for a refund I believe. If you have a good experience and want more power, install a pulley and sent the chipwerke in for a free upgrade to stage 2 map.

    Make sure to either reset your ecu by vagcom or unplugging your battery overnight after you install the chipwerke.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  12. #12
    Established Member Three Rings Ford Prefect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 20 2017
    AZ Member #
    391171
    My Garage
    2011 Silver S4, Mercedes Benz R350 ('07 & '11), Suzuki SV1000
    Location
    New Hampshire

    Quote Originally Posted by ModItNow View Post
    I would start with stage 1 and if you don't like the shifting etc you can always return it for a refund I believe. If you have a good experience and want more power, install a pulley and sent the chipwerke in for a free upgrade to stage 2 map.

    Make sure to either reset your ecu by vagcom or unplugging your battery overnight after you install the chipwerke.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    CW says a full intake and full exhaust with down pipe are also needed to achieve full stage 2. I know DP guys have issues with cat burnout but I thought anything short of that was ok.

    As far as resetting the ECU, it just takes longer to see full benefits if you don't correct?


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  13. #13
    Senior Member Three Rings ModItNow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 05 2015
    AZ Member #
    318779
    Location
    Napa, Ca

    Quote Originally Posted by Ford Prefect View Post
    CW says a full intake and full exhaust with down pipe are also needed to achieve full stage 2. I know DP guys have issues with cat burnout but I thought anything short of that was ok.

    As far as resetting the ECU, it just takes longer to see full benefits if you don't correct?


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    I would say intake for sure, which can just be an upgraded hose and filter. Exhaust is optional in my opinion until you get to dual pulley levels.

    With the ecu not exactly, you need to reset the adaptations for it to work properly.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  14. #14
    Veteran Member Four Rings B18b1ex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02 2004
    AZ Member #
    2675
    Location
    FL
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyman474 View Post
    So after reading around a lot about the different ECU/TCU tunes available and the fact that my CPO warranty is still valid, I am strongly considering Chipwerke as an option. Right now my B8 DSG only has a CTS Turbo Intake on it and I will be installing a Magnaflow X-pipe soon (to hold me over until I get a full exhaust).

    My question is:
    1. Should I go Stage 1?
    2. Should I go Stage 2 with a pulley from [recommend a brand]

    We get 93 octane up here in Michigan. On rare occasions I might have to fill up with 91 or 92 but most of the time it is 93. I don't plan on running an e85 blend. Which option should I go with and why?

    I read up on the Chipwerke threads I could find and there is a lot of good information but I couldn't find exactly what I am looking for.
    Get the CW stage 2. You can always turn it down until. You install the pulley. Most it will do is look for more boost than you can provide and you throw a code. If purchased second hand, you can email to find out if it is truly stage 2, if not they will reprogram.

    Any pulley will do, whether the supercharger or crankshaft.

    I would do the crankshaft as it is easier to reverse for service visits, may take an hour to revert. 179mm or bigger, personally I'd do the FD or APR, the JHM seemed more responsive but after my experiences with my driving style I would only run a dampened pulley.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Established Member Three Rings Ford Prefect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 20 2017
    AZ Member #
    391171
    My Garage
    2011 Silver S4, Mercedes Benz R350 ('07 & '11), Suzuki SV1000
    Location
    New Hampshire

    Quote Originally Posted by ModItNow View Post
    I would say intake for sure, which can just be an upgraded hose and filter. Exhaust is optional in my opinion until you get to dual pulley levels.

    With the ecu not exactly, you need to reset the adaptations for it to work properly.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Thanks! I'm going no to send it out today for stage 2. I'm selling my Roc-euro but have the intake hose on the way from ECS. I appreciate all the feedback and advice!

    OP - thanks for starting this thread! Great info for power on the cheap!


    Sent from my iPad using Audizine

  16. #16
    Established Member Two Rings MSq5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 14 2017
    AZ Member #
    393251
    Location
    Gulfport, MS

    Quote Originally Posted by B18b1ex View Post
    Get the CW stage 2. You can always turn it down until. You install the pulley. Most it will do is look for more boost than you can provide and you throw a code. If purchased second hand, you can email to find out if it is truly stage 2, if not they will reprogram.

    Any pulley will do, whether the supercharger or crankshaft.

    I would do the crankshaft as it is easier to reverse for service visits, may take an hour to revert. 179mm or bigger, personally I'd do the FD or APR, the JHM seemed more responsive but after my experiences with my driving style I would only run a dampened pulley.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Curious about the last statement. I just installed the lightweight undampened JHM 179 crank pulley with my Stage 2 EPL tune. It is smooth as silk.

    I can tell no difference from the stock crank pulley in regard to vibration. The engine is internally balanced. I would not look away from the one piece crank pulleys. Lower rotational mass is a good thing. It can be installed (and swapped back to stock for dealer trips) from below without having to put the car in service position.
    2017 Q5 3.0T S-Line | Brilliant Black | EPL Stage 2 93 octane tune | JHM 179mm crank pulley | K&N E-1987 in stock air box

  17. #17
    Veteran Member Four Rings B18b1ex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02 2004
    AZ Member #
    2675
    Location
    FL
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by MSq5 View Post
    Curious about the last statement. I just installed the lightweight undampened JHM 179 crank pulley with my Stage 2 EPL tune. It is smooth as silk.

    I can tell no difference from the stock crank pulley in regard to vibration. The engine is internally balanced. I would not look away from the one piece crank pulleys. Lower rotational mass is a good thing. It can be installed (and swapped back to stock for dealer trips) from below without having to put the car in service position.
    Pm'd


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #18
    Veteran Member Four Rings B18b1ex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02 2004
    AZ Member #
    2675
    Location
    FL
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by Ford Prefect View Post
    Thanks! I'm going no to send it out today for stage 2. I'm selling my Roc-euro but have the intake hose on the way from ECS. I appreciate all the feedback and advice!

    OP - thanks for starting this thread! Great info for power on the cheap!


    Sent from my iPad using Audizine
    The roc-Euro/CTS sounds even better stage 2. Why sell it for ECS? Lol.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  19. #19
    Established Member Three Rings Ford Prefect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 20 2017
    AZ Member #
    391171
    My Garage
    2011 Silver S4, Mercedes Benz R350 ('07 & '11), Suzuki SV1000
    Location
    New Hampshire

    Too much cow bell for me. It was a love hate relationship for the most part. I REALLY like it at times but not others. Finally decided it was just a little too much.


    Sent from my iPad using Audizine

  20. #20
    Active Member Two Rings hockeyman474's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 10 2017
    AZ Member #
    404696
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan

    Quote Originally Posted by B18b1ex View Post
    The roc-Euro/CTS sounds even better stage 2. Why sell it for ECS? Lol.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My thoughts as well. Highly considering the stage 1 at this point as a starting spot.
    2011 Audi S4 Ibis White.
    Bought 100% stock 8/2017. Let the modding begin
    BUILD THREAD

  21. #21
    Active Member Two Rings m1_s4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 13 2014
    AZ Member #
    274348
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA

    Great thread and great info.

    I just purchased a CW after reading this thread and all the others. Stupid question but after installing the CW and unplugging my battery will I lose any of my vagcoms or do I need any codes for the dealer for my MMI?

  22. #22
    Veteran Member Four Rings B18b1ex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02 2004
    AZ Member #
    2675
    Location
    FL
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by m1_s4 View Post
    Great thread and great info.

    I just purchased a CW after reading this thread and all the others. Stupid question but after installing the CW and unplugging my battery will I lose any of my vagcoms or do I need any codes for the dealer for my MMI?
    No, just shut the car off with hood open and key far away for 20 min before you install. I have never disconnected the battery when helping people with this install.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  23. #23
    Established Member Two Rings DufraineMK6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09 2017
    AZ Member #
    390253
    My Garage
    2014 Monsoon S4 6MT
    Location
    Northern VA

    Quote Originally Posted by B18b1ex View Post
    Get the CW stage 2. You can always turn it down until. You install the pulley. Most it will do is look for more boost than you can provide and you throw a code. If purchased second hand, you can email to find out if it is truly stage 2, if not they will reprogram.

    Any pulley will do, whether the supercharger or crankshaft.

    I would do the crankshaft as it is easier to reverse for service visits, may take an hour to revert. 179mm or bigger, personally I'd do the FD or APR, the JHM seemed more responsive but after my experiences with my driving style I would only run a dampened pulley.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ok so the APR is dampened? Or just the FD?
    14 S4 6MT - Sport Diff / H&R Street Performance Coilovers / CW Pro Stage 2 (6-1) 93/E85 Mix / JHM 179mm Crank Pulley (1300mm 7 Rib Belt) / ECS Tuning Flush Kit 10mm F & 12.5mm R / 034 Motorsports Intake Tube W/ AFE Pro Dry Filter / USP Stainless Steel Clutch Line / AWE Touring 102mm Stock Downpipes / Eurocode Trans Mount

  24. #24
    Established Member Three Rings Ford Prefect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 20 2017
    AZ Member #
    391171
    My Garage
    2011 Silver S4, Mercedes Benz R350 ('07 & '11), Suzuki SV1000
    Location
    New Hampshire

    Quote Originally Posted by B18b1ex View Post
    No, just shut the car off with hood open and key far away for 20 min before you install. I have never disconnected the battery when helping people with this install.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah. I heard it would adapt over time, so no idea where my key was when I installed. I just removed it and sent back for stage 2 upgrade and the car had noticeably less power now.

    Think I'll pick up the CTS SC pulley when it comes back. Gonna hit the dyno now so I can compare stock, stage 2 no pulley, and stage 2 with pulley.


    Sent from my iPad using Audizine

  25. #25
    Senior Member Three Rings ModItNow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 05 2015
    AZ Member #
    318779
    Location
    Napa, Ca

    Quote Originally Posted by Ford Prefect View Post
    Yeah. I heard it would adapt over time, so no idea where my key was when I installed. I just removed it and sent back for stage 2 upgrade and the car had noticeably less power now.

    Think I'll pick up the CTS SC pulley when it comes back. Gonna hit the dyno now so I can compare stock, stage 2 no pulley, and stage 2 with pulley.


    Sent from my iPad using Audizine
    With my experience to get full power I would have to reset my ECU. Also you should check what setting it's on, with the stage 2 I believe it should be set to 5-1 and when the pulley is on 6-1 for 93 octane


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  26. #26
    Established Member Two Rings MSq5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 14 2017
    AZ Member #
    393251
    Location
    Gulfport, MS

    Quote Originally Posted by B18b1ex View Post
    No, just shut the car off with hood open and key far away for 20 min before you install. I have never disconnected the battery when helping people with this install.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I ran CW for a while. It was great in making power but had some abrupt behavior with the ZF8 auto transmission in my Q5, no matter what setting I chose, so I went with EPL. When I was running the CW, I just plugged it in and it ran fine. No need to disconnect battery. Probably is good to let the car sit for the 20 minutes mentioned above with key far away to give the on board electronics time to bleed off any remaining current. I never did and had no problems. I swapped back and forth to stock pretty frequently, as it was not smooth at part throttle upshifts in stop and go, but was fine out on the highway. If you have a manual transmission, it should work great, as you control the shifting, not any software. It was the standard Stage 1. I never ran it with the overdrive crank pulley, and have no recommendation of the proper setting for your intended use, m1_s4.
    2017 Q5 3.0T S-Line | Brilliant Black | EPL Stage 2 93 octane tune | JHM 179mm crank pulley | K&N E-1987 in stock air box

  27. #27
    Veteran Member Four Rings B18b1ex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02 2004
    AZ Member #
    2675
    Location
    FL
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by DufraineMK6 View Post
    Ok so the APR is dampened? Or just the FD?
    For the APR the supercharger belt will not be dampened but since the accessories are using stock pulley it will be.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  28. #28
    Veteran Member Four Rings B18b1ex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02 2004
    AZ Member #
    2675
    Location
    FL
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by MSq5 View Post
    I ran CW for a while. It was great in making power but had some abrupt behavior with the ZF8 auto transmission in my Q5, no matter what setting I chose, so I went with EPL. When I was running the CW, I just plugged it in and it ran fine. No need to disconnect battery. Probably is good to let the car sit for the 20 minutes mentioned above with key far away to give the on board electronics time to bleed off any remaining current. I never did and had no problems. I swapped back and forth to stock pretty frequently, as it was not smooth at part throttle upshifts in stop and go, but was fine out on the highway. If you have a manual transmission, it should work great, as you control the shifting, not any software. It was the standard Stage 1. I never ran it with the overdrive crank pulley, and have no recommendation of the proper setting for your intended use, m1_s4.
    The complaints I have heard about shifting seemed to be in D or S. as my car is always in Manual mode I don't really notice the bad behavior.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  29. #29
    Established Member Two Rings MSq5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 14 2017
    AZ Member #
    393251
    Location
    Gulfport, MS

    Quote Originally Posted by B18b1ex View Post
    For the APR the supercharger belt will not be dampened but since the accessories are using stock pulley it will be.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I recall there are some threads here or over on the Q5 section about which crank pulleys require placing the car in service position and which ones do not. If it matters, please look for that info.

    If I recall correctly, the APR does require service position, but the FD did not. I know my JHM did not, as I did the install personally. It is not internally dampened, if that is a concern.
    2017 Q5 3.0T S-Line | Brilliant Black | EPL Stage 2 93 octane tune | JHM 179mm crank pulley | K&N E-1987 in stock air box

  30. #30
    Veteran Member Four Rings B18b1ex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02 2004
    AZ Member #
    2675
    Location
    FL
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by MSq5 View Post
    I recall there are some threads here or over on the Q5 section about which crank pulleys require placing the car in service position and which ones do not. If it matters, please look for that info.

    If I recall correctly, the APR does require service position, but the FD did not. I know my JHM did not, as I did the install personally. It is not internally dampened, if that is a concern.
    APR definitely does, but after the first time doing it, it can be accomplished in about an hour.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  31. #31
    Active Member Two Rings hockeyman474's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 10 2017
    AZ Member #
    404696
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan

    I have a line on a used CW Stage 1. Is it worth it to get the pulley from CTS turbo to run on a stage 1?
    2011 Audi S4 Ibis White.
    Bought 100% stock 8/2017. Let the modding begin
    BUILD THREAD

  32. #32
    Veteran Member Four Rings B18b1ex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02 2004
    AZ Member #
    2675
    Location
    FL
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyman474 View Post
    I have a line on a used CW Stage 1. Is it worth it to get the pulley from CTS turbo to run on a stage 1?
    The pulley won't really help stage 1, the extra boost will bleed off. Take the box send it out stage 2, order a larger crankshaft pulley.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  33. #33
    Established Member Two Rings DufraineMK6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09 2017
    AZ Member #
    390253
    My Garage
    2014 Monsoon S4 6MT
    Location
    Northern VA

    Quote Originally Posted by B18b1ex View Post
    The pulley won't really help stage 1, the extra boost will bleed off. Take the box send it out stage 2, order a larger crankshaft pulley.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cts pulley and stage 2 cw Pro no bueno? I swear after a month my cw does not hesitate anymore during shifts


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    14 S4 6MT - Sport Diff / H&R Street Performance Coilovers / CW Pro Stage 2 (6-1) 93/E85 Mix / JHM 179mm Crank Pulley (1300mm 7 Rib Belt) / ECS Tuning Flush Kit 10mm F & 12.5mm R / 034 Motorsports Intake Tube W/ AFE Pro Dry Filter / USP Stainless Steel Clutch Line / AWE Touring 102mm Stock Downpipes / Eurocode Trans Mount

  34. #34
    Veteran Member Four Rings B18b1ex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02 2004
    AZ Member #
    2675
    Location
    FL
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by DufraineMK6 View Post
    Cts pulley and stage 2 cw Pro no bueno? I swear after a month my cw does not hesitate anymore during shifts


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    My response was to him using a pulley with stage 1. Pulley and stage 2 is a fun cheap investment.


    Why CTS? If you are choosing a CW I will assume you want an easily reversible option, if that's the case why would anyone chose the snout pulley over a properly sized crankshaft pulley? I know the cost is half but the work is double!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  35. #35
    Established Member Two Rings tjenne69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 23 2016
    AZ Member #
    383754
    Location
    Washington, IL

    Been running CW Stg 1 since January. Ran the preset 4-1 for a while. The shift is really rough in auto. Running 3-1 was better, but still annoying. Switched to driving in manual mode and that has helped the most, but unless the rpms are above 3k after upshift, it will still lag a bit.

    I pulled the CW off a couple weeks ago to take the car into the dealer for last AudiCare service. I'd forgotten how much better the car shifts without it. Now I'm torn on putting it back on. Will go real tune eventually, but still have 10 months on CPO warranty.
    2013 S4 Prestige Volcano Red | ESC Luft-Technik Intake | ESC X-Pipe | Chipwerke Stage 1 | RS4 Grille

  36. #36
    Established Member Three Rings Ford Prefect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 20 2017
    AZ Member #
    391171
    My Garage
    2011 Silver S4, Mercedes Benz R350 ('07 & '11), Suzuki SV1000
    Location
    New Hampshire

    Quote Originally Posted by B18b1ex View Post
    My response was to him using a pulley with stage 1. Pulley and stage 2 is a fun cheap investment.


    Why CTS? If you are choosing a CW I will assume you want an easily reversible option, if that's the case why would anyone chose the snout pulley over a properly sized crankshaft pulley? I know the cost is half but the work is double!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The work is double on the SC pulley? This seems backwards to me and the first I've heard it. Plus when people say stage 2 I guess I've always assumed it was the SC pulley.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  37. #37
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Aug 08 2017
    AZ Member #
    404536
    Location
    Miami Beach

    Quote Originally Posted by Ford Prefect View Post
    The work is double on the SC pulley? This seems backwards to me and the first I've heard it. Plus when people say stage 2 I guess I've always assumed it was the SC pulley.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    That what I said ! But thanx to Sean's here I understand and went with CW stage 2 with intake and Crank pulley


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2017 Audi S6 - Current
    2012 Toyota Venza - Daily
    2009 Toyota Venza - Other Daily
    2016 Audi S5 - SOLD
    2015 Toyota Tundra - SOLD
    2014 Honda Crosstour - TOTALED
    2008 BMW 535 XI - GONE

  38. #38
    Established Member Two Rings DufraineMK6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09 2017
    AZ Member #
    390253
    My Garage
    2014 Monsoon S4 6MT
    Location
    Northern VA

    Quote Originally Posted by TuanQT View Post
    That what I said ! But thanx to Sean's here I understand and went with CW stage 2 with intake and Crank pulley


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Which crank pulley are you using? and if u went from stg1 to stg2 what was the difference like?
    14 S4 6MT - Sport Diff / H&R Street Performance Coilovers / CW Pro Stage 2 (6-1) 93/E85 Mix / JHM 179mm Crank Pulley (1300mm 7 Rib Belt) / ECS Tuning Flush Kit 10mm F & 12.5mm R / 034 Motorsports Intake Tube W/ AFE Pro Dry Filter / USP Stainless Steel Clutch Line / AWE Touring 102mm Stock Downpipes / Eurocode Trans Mount

  39. #39
    Established Member Two Rings DufraineMK6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09 2017
    AZ Member #
    390253
    My Garage
    2014 Monsoon S4 6MT
    Location
    Northern VA

    OP mentioned E85 blend, I was thinking about trying this on my stg1 CW Pro, 4 gallons to a tank of 93?
    14 S4 6MT - Sport Diff / H&R Street Performance Coilovers / CW Pro Stage 2 (6-1) 93/E85 Mix / JHM 179mm Crank Pulley (1300mm 7 Rib Belt) / ECS Tuning Flush Kit 10mm F & 12.5mm R / 034 Motorsports Intake Tube W/ AFE Pro Dry Filter / USP Stainless Steel Clutch Line / AWE Touring 102mm Stock Downpipes / Eurocode Trans Mount

  40. #40
    Active Member Two Rings hockeyman474's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 10 2017
    AZ Member #
    404696
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan

    Quote Originally Posted by DufraineMK6 View Post
    OP mentioned E85 blend, I was thinking about trying this on my stg1 CW Pro, 4 gallons to a tank of 93?
    I mentioned it saying I would not be doing any blend.
    2011 Audi S4 Ibis White.
    Bought 100% stock 8/2017. Let the modding begin
    BUILD THREAD

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2017 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.