Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2010 MDX Advance pkg, a workbench
    Items for Sale

PCV/oil separator issues

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hello,

I have owned a B7 A4, B8.5 S4 and now a C7 S6. ALL of these cars have had PCV failures before 60k miles. Unfortunately both the S4 and S6 had it fail about 5k after 50k miles, costing me about $1,300 each. Dealership was double that of course. No offense, but Audi needs to fire their PCV department and if not, start covering parts/labor until 100k miles because the PCV is integral to the emissions system (which is why they were designed in the first place.) To quote my mechanic, "no car made after 2000 should have PCV failures before 100 thousand miles unless a mouse chews through a hose."

For what it's worth, I want to stay loyal to the brand and expect that some parts will fail and each model will have some typical issues. But come on; I'm 3 for 3 on this issue and I bet there are many other Audi owners who have felt similar frustrations.

Thank You,

Eric
    -------
    2013 S4 6mt phantom black, alcantara, carbon fiber, Sport diff, B&O
    Engine: USP intake, EPL dual pulley e85 (57/189), JHM stg IV clutch, DIY cooling system upgrade
    Suspension: Eurocode sways, moog endlinks, CR-15 Brace, Bilstein B16 ridecontrol coilovers, SPC adj control arms
    Wheels: VMR V710FF 19X9.5, Michelin PSS, Blizzaks on peelers
    Misc: Full tint, LED interior lights, custom painted S4 seat logos (ie. made wife paint them), Hardwired Valentine 1, upgraded sub/amp

Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Thank you for reaching out. Expect a private message from me.
    Vincenzo F.

Audi Social Community Manager

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

The PCV system should be part of the emissions system which is covered by a longer warranty which I know is longer than 60k miles. In both cases I would have thought Audi would have to cover this under the emissions system warranty.