Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    Established Member Two Rings javbomb's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by chris3g View Post

So basically, as far as I can tell you do still need to toggle the modes on startup if you want the complete dynamic behavior as it should be
    Shortcut,

Start the car, pull stick back to S then to M and you will be in fully dynamic manual mode again.

Its the quickest way.
    ------------------------------------
    RS3 Sedan '17 | Daytona Grey | RS Performance Package 2 | RS Design Package | Black High Gloss | Carbon Engine Cover | Matrix LED | Sunroof | Full Tint

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by javbomb View Post
    Shortcut,

Start the car, pull stick back to S then to M and you will be in fully dynamic manual mode again.

Its the quickest way.
    Thatís what I was testing and I found itís not really accurate, the reason it works is because S seems to sound the same in any mode. But if you switch back to D without toggling the valves re close.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by chris3g View Post
    Thatís what I was testing and I found itís not really accurate, the reason it works is because S seems to sound the same in any mode. But if you switch back to D without toggling the valves re close.
    It works 100% if the car is already in dynamic (from the previous time the car was on) when it is started, this puts it back into fully dynamic mode.

Of course the valves close if you put it back to D. It will also do that if you manually switch to dynamic then put the car in D from there with the shifter. When you switch to Dynamic the car is in S mode if you are in Auto.

Next time you start your car, try it.

You can also test it if you set up the individual mode to fully dynamic settings. After putting the stick in S mode go between individual and dynamic and you will find nothing at all will change.
    RS3 Sedan '17 | Daytona Grey | RS Performance Package 2 | RS Design Package | Black High Gloss | Carbon Engine Cover | Matrix LED | Sunroof | Full Tint

Established Member Two Rings jodstr2's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    18 RS3, 14 SQ5, 01 S4, 15 Wrangler Unltd

the noise was indeed my rotor. something inside ticked/clicked really loud. swapping it to the other side of the car confirmed it. replacement rotor took 3 weeks to arrive. but - no noise now. yay!
    jl
    18 RS3 : 14 SQ5 : 01 S4 : 15 Wrangler Unltd

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    SQ5

Quote Originally Posted by jodstr2 View Post
    the noise was indeed my rotor. something inside ticked/clicked really loud. swapping it to the other side of the car confirmed it. replacement rotor took 3 weeks to arrive. but - no noise now. yay!
    Did they say this was a common problem or did it have a TSB? Mine is loud, too. Obviously more pronounced when driving next to a surface that reflects the sound, but I can hear it reflecting pretty loud off the guard rail from the middle lane 🤨. I expect some sound from drilled rotors but wow..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "This is Audi, driving without both hands on the wheel voids your warranty." -JamesRS5

Senior Member Three Rings Konrad's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Cruise Control turns the ESC back on? Annoying...

Established Member Two Rings keninblaine's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    96 Porsche C4S

Quote Originally Posted by Konrad View Post
    Cruise Control turns the ESC back on? Annoying...
    I don't know why you'd want ESC off when using cruise control.
    2018 RS3 Florett Silver

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

I think this has been mentioned but being in dynamic mode in stop and go traffic makes the temp gauge shoot up in no time! It's odd because it doesn't make a ton of sense to me to only have dynamic mode on when I am on the highway.

I love the way the car sounds in dynamic mode but between dynamic and comfort when it comes to coolant temp is ~226* vs. ~206* on the same road, same trip.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by keninblaine View Post
    I don't know why you'd want ESC off when using cruise control.
    When you disengage cruise you have to turn the ECS off again

Established Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Konrad View Post
    When you disengage cruise you have to turn the ECS off again
    Every car does this... it's a saftey thing

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by OE2 View Post
    I think this has been mentioned but being in dynamic mode in stop and go traffic makes the temp gauge shoot up in no time! It's odd because it doesn't make a ton of sense to me to only have dynamic mode on when I am on the highway.

I love the way the car sounds in dynamic mode but between dynamic and comfort when it comes to coolant temp is ~226* vs. ~206* on the same road, same trip.
    Oil temp you mean? There isn't an accurate coolant temp fudge in this car...

Veteran Member Three Rings Burningcoals's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by OE2 View Post

For me its sport vs drive, I always leave the car in dynamic, however, sport will increase temps and drive will lower them, usually 194-204 in drive and can get up to 212 in sport. This might be because when I switch to sport the valves open since I leave the car in dynamic all the time, instead of selecting dynamic which would open the valves. I figured it was due to increase rpm range. however maybe its something else.
    • Current: 2018 Audi RS3 - 2000 Audi S4 3L
    • B5 S4 FATS TiAL R770 2.06 FATS VIDEO
    • B5 S4 Pump GAS 5.7 60-130 92oct + Meth
    • B5 S4 4.7 100-200kmh 92oct + Meth

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Burningcoals View Post
    For me its sport vs drive, I always leave the car in dynamic, however, sport will increase temps and drive will lower them, usually 194-204 in drive and can get up to 212 in sport. This might be because when I switch to sport the valves open since I leave the car in dynamic all the time, instead of selecting dynamic which would open the valves. I figured it was due to increase rpm range. however maybe its something else.
    Exactly. There is zero reason to be in sport mode in stop and go traffic.... why would you want to idle at 1200 rpm in traffic lol

Dynamic Drive mode is what I use when I'm in traffic

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by lalalaprise View Post
    Exactly. There is zero reason to be in sport mode in stop and go traffic.... why would you want to idle at 1200 rpm in traffic lol

Gotta be ready for a gap to open up lol.

I just love the way sport mode sounds that i always have it on lol. Probably not helping with gas either.

AZ Member #

The oil temp increase is most definitely supposed to be that way, which is mildly interesting but also makes sense.

What I have never been able to figure out is the idle increase to 1100. Other than actual idle sound, I have no idea why that does that. Maybe to increase oil pressure but I don't know why it would need that.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dnchattan View Post
    Did they say this was a common problem or did it have a TSB? Mine is loud, too. Obviously more pronounced when driving next to a surface that reflects the sound, but I can hear it reflecting pretty loud off the guard rail from the middle lane 🤨. I expect some sound from drilled rotors but wow..
    there's no TSB that i'm aware of, and it's not common - according to my SA and tech. it was the first time they had ever seen this. the only way they narrowed it down to the rotor was by swapping the left with the right and driving the car.

it's definitely not the drilled rotor buzz/tick. this was much louder and has a pronounced staccato, like a huge piece of metal in a tire.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    SQ5

Quote Originally Posted by jodstr2 View Post
    there's no TSB that i'm aware of, and it's not common - according to my SA and tech. it was the first time they had ever seen this. the only way they narrowed it down to the rotor was by swapping the left with the right and driving the car.

it's definitely not the drilled rotor buzz/tick. this was much louder and has a pronounced staccato, like a huge piece of metal in a tire.
    Ah, I see. Thanks for the info!

"This is Audi, driving without both hands on the wheel voids your warranty." -JamesRS5

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dnchattan View Post
    Ah, I see. Thanks for the info!
    you're welcome. good luck.
    jl
    18 RS3 : 14 SQ5 : 01 S4 : 15 Wrangler Unltd

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Potatohead_RS3 View Post
    The oil temp increase is most definitely supposed to be that way, which is mildly interesting but also makes sense.

What I have never been able to figure out is the idle increase to 1100. Other than actual idle sound, I have no idea why that does that. Maybe to increase oil pressure but I don't know why it would need that.
    Its called a fast idle and its used in race engines everywhere and also motorcycles.

My motorbikes used to be set up to do it, there is sometimes a fairly significant lag to get all the parts spinning from 800rpm to - 1500rpm when you blip the throttle vs just having idle ready at 1100, the engine can rev up quicker from that point.

AZ Member #

Does anyone else get a a fair bit of creaking from the center console under the armrest? Pretty much every time I tip the car into a turn, it creaks from the plastic pieces rubbing together. I can grab the side of the cubby and pull side to side and make it do it. Mildly annoying.

AZ Member #

No, mine doesn't do that. I took it from a long drive weekend as well with lots of corners.

AZ Member #

Yeah just one of those things I guess. Rest of the car is silent. I'm sure if I try and take it apart (or the dealer) it will just make it worse. It will probably go away in time.

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Got my car a few weeks ago. Here is a quirk: the front cupholders don't have flat bottoms. They are canted outward. What's up with that? Terrible cupholder design. Probably a good thing that the cupholders are my biggest gripe.

AZ Member #

Does anyone else get a a fair bit of creaking from the center console under the armrest? Pretty much every time I tip the car into a turn, it creaks from the plastic pieces rubbing together. I can grab the side of the cubby and pull side to side and make it do it. Mildly annoying.
    Nope... but I get a faint click type sound from above where the passenger sun visor is in addition to the sunroof creaking

No other interior noise for now

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    SQ5

Quote Originally Posted by Gene Hanscomb View Post
    Got my car a few weeks ago. Here is a quirk: the front cupholders don't have flat bottoms. They are canted outward. What's up with that? Terrible cupholder design. Probably a good thing that the cupholders are my biggest gripe.
    I just noticed that today, thought I had something underneath my drink and realized theyíre just like that . Weird.

AZ Member #

I think i heard it once under hard cornering, donít remember if i was leaning into it etc.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by speeddemon69 View Post
    I think i heard it once under hard cornering, donít remember if i was leaning into it etc.

I think it was caused from me leaning into it, I'm not a slender fellow... lol

AZ Member #

I think it was caused from me leaning into it, I'm not a slender fellow... lol
    Ahh i understand your UN now lol.

But still i donít think itís because of that as im really not heavy. Might just be the force applied plus the Gís from the speed and turning itself.

Maybe X-brace and other suspension mods might help with the flex etc. So far it only happened once.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Gene Hanscomb View Post
    I just figured this out. If they were straight up and down if you had largish fountain drinks in there they donít fit, the tops hit each other.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    SQ5

I just figured this out. If they were straight up and down if you had largish fountain drinks in there they donít fit, the tops hit each other.
    Because #merica.

Veteran Member Three Rings andru1313's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi 2018 RS3 2006 Evo IX MR

I think I remember reading about this somewhere but can't remember or seem to find it. When driving with the driver side window down I get a whistle noise and think its the air flow between the side view mirror and corner by the window. C pillar? Happens all the time and is really loud and annoying. Anyone have this and have a solution they have used?

Veteran Member Three Rings Burningcoals's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by lalalaprise View Post

Dynamic in drive mode my car hovers around 194, it does not go up vs other modes like comfort.
    • Current: 2018 Audi RS3 - 2000 Audi S4 3L
    • B5 S4 FATS TiAL R770 2.06 FATS VIDEO
    • B5 S4 Pump GAS 5.7 60-130 92oct + Meth
    • B5 S4 4.7 100-200kmh 92oct + Meth

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Burningcoals View Post
    Dynamic in drive mode my car hovers around 194, it does not go up vs other modes like comfort.
    Is that oil temp?? 194 seems perfectly fine.. that's 90C ... my car rarely goes below that once it's fully up to temp. If I'm in Dynamic Sport it usually is well above 100C in stop and go traffic but that's to be expected with the high idle, which is why after a couple weeks I stopped using sport mode in traffic.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Ok, Manual mode... I have had it work like it should with the tach showing the different colors. However now I can not for the life of me get the colors to pop back up?

What am I doing wrong?

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by SLOW 77 View Post
    Ok, Manual mode... I have had it work like it should with the tach showing the different colors. However now I can not for the life of me get the colors to pop back up?

What am I doing wrong?
    It doesn't do it in first gear, only 2-6

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Also need to be in Dynamic.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ns2g8tr View Post
    Also need to be in Dynamic.
    Probably just in sport, I use individual a lot with engine/trans in sport, and it works. I don't think a lot of people realize you can switch to M from D or S and they are not the same thing.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Gotcha, I was trying it in first gear.

I will try on the way home & report back:)

AZ Member #

Probably just in sport, I use individual a lot with engine/trans in sport, and it works. I don't think a lot of people realize you can switch to M from D or S and they are not the same thing.
    I sometimes like to put around in Dynamic D mode in M mode lol ... brain is exploding lol

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    SQ5

Also, I am pretty sure the exhaust flaps close when you are in Dynamic D (T.W.S.S.), but if you set exhaust to dynamic in individual and transmission set to auto, you get louder exhaust in Individual D. Havenít been able to confirm 100% but it definitely seems louder in the individual D w exhaust set to dynamic config than Dynamic D.

Is it just me?

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617