Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Can't trade in my lease?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I was just told that I cannot trade my leased vehicle in. My lease is up on my 2014 S4, I am about 5,000 miles over due to a job/commute change in the middle of my lease. Therefore instead of eating the excess mileage I am wanting to trade my car in on a 2014 SQ5 from another Audi dealership.

My residual is roughly $2000 less than average trade-in value so there is some equity in it. (I know there's technically not equity in a car I don't own)

Am I being told correctly? Is my only real option to purchase the vehicle at the residual + 7% sales tax and then turn around and sell/trade it in on my new vehicle?

Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I would suggest contacting the Lease End department at Audi Financial Services. They would be in the best position to assist you. Their phone number is + 1 866 277 8191.
    We cannot get involved in sales or negotiations. I also do not have access to any lease information.
    Vincenzo F.

Audi Social Community Manager

Active Member One Ring happywilliam's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Try to contact DSR Leasing for they offer trade in services online.
    “If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.” ― Mario Andretti

Veteran Member Three Rings Dr Chill's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Bsimms View Post
    I was just told that I cannot trade my leased vehicle in. My lease is up on my 2014 S4, I am about 5,000 miles over due to a job/commute change in the middle of my lease. Therefore instead of eating the excess mileage I am wanting to trade my car in on a 2014 SQ5 from another Audi dealership.

My residual is roughly $2000 less than average trade-in value so there is some equity in it. (I know there's technically not equity in a car I don't own)

Am I being told correctly? Is my only real option to purchase the vehicle at the residual + 7% sales tax and then turn around and sell/trade it in on my new vehicle?
    As you do not own a leased vehicle, you cannot "trade" it in. You can, however, have the dealer buy the car from the leaseholder without any tax consequences to you. If their offer is higher than your lease buyout quote, then you can use that cash difference to offset the cost of the new car purchase.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Current- 2017 S6 , 2015 Z/28, 2015 A8L TDI, 2013 S4 DSG