Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Can't trade in my lease?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I was just told that I cannot trade my leased vehicle in. My lease is up on my 2014 S4, I am about 5,000 miles over due to a job/commute change in the middle of my lease. Therefore instead of eating the excess mileage I am wanting to trade my car in on a 2014 SQ5 from another Audi dealership.

My residual is roughly $2000 less than average trade-in value so there is some equity in it. (I know there's technically not equity in a car I don't own)

Am I being told correctly? Is my only real option to purchase the vehicle at the residual + 7% sales tax and then turn around and sell/trade it in on my new vehicle?

Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I would suggest contacting the Lease End department at Audi Financial Services. They would be in the best position to assist you. Their phone number is + 1 866 277 8191.
    We cannot get involved in sales or negotiations. I also do not have access to any lease information.
    Vincenzo F.

Audi Social Community Manager

Active Member One Ring happywilliam's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Try to contact DSR Leasing for they offer trade in services online.
    “If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.” ― Mario Andretti