Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Let us know how it turns out and what color you decide to go with.

Hey guys, do we need the brake sensor from the a6/a7/a8 to fit this onto a b8 a4/a5? Can we just re-use our existing brake sensors on the new calipers?

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Audizine mobile app
    2014 S5

AWE Touring Exhaust l ECS Intake l EPL Dual Pulley 93 l AMS Alpha Cooler

Veteran Member Four Rings durfA4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 Q5 3.0T SLine

380mm A8 Brake Upgrade for A6/A7

And powdercoat is done.

This is the G2 epoxy next to the super durable wet red powdercoat

Here are fresh oven pics

Next to rotor

Now I'm just wait for my "quattro" stickers in silver. Was close to doing audi sport or S-line, but I have the quattro script in my front grill and rear window so consistently is my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Last edited by durfA4; 09-20-2017 at 04:00 PM.
    2012 A7 3.0t
    2005 allroad 2.7 STUKLR tuned

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Look great! Nice work going the extra step in powder coating.

I have to say, the upgrade to the 380mm rotor has been Awesome!

After the bed in period there is a noticible increase in stopping power at any speed. I can further attest to this as I used the same pad compound both before and with current setup.

One other area where I notice the difference is when using ACC. The car slow noticibly faster when using. This caught me off guard because someone at one point said the rear brakes are used for ACC. Not true.

Not that the old system is bad by any means, but these are awesome. You can never have too much stopping power and the price is right!
    C7 A6 3.0T Prestige, Phantom Black
    Stage 2 EPL Dual Pulley, E85, 189mm Fluidampr, Autotech HPFP, Roc Euro Intake, D4 A8 Calipers, 380mm rotors, RS6 Grill, RS6 Pedals, 17mm F, 20mm R spacers.

Past
    B6 S4 Avant
    C5 RS6 Stage 2+
    B5 S4 Stage 3+
    B6 S4
    R32

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 Q5 3.0T SLine

Cool glad to hear you are happy with them.

Which pads. I am going akebono euro ceramic for the low dust.

As got the powdercoat, I kept doing stuff for others and never took the time to do mine right. So I did them. The powdercoat is fun to do. I gave debated selling the tools but that's not worth it. Every now and then I do stuff for my self and friends.

I used the ceramic paint for the disks. Maybe it'll help prevent rust maybe it won't they are $36 rotors if they suck then I'll have to pony up for the the real ones.

A

2012 A7 3.0t

AZ Member #

Hey, do you guys know if the a6 rear calipers will directly bolt onto an s4? At first I thought they were the exact same calipers as they both utilized the 330mm rotors but its been brought to my attention that the thickness is different. Which means the caliper is also different? Sorry for the OT guys

2014 S5

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

You're asking questions we don't have the answers to. This thread is pertaining to the C7 platform.

Do what we did, pony up and see if it works.
    Stage 2 EPL Dual Pulley, E85, 189mm Fluidampr, Autotech HPFP, Roc Euro Intake, D4 A8 Calipers, 380mm rotors, RS6 Grill, RS6 Pedals, 17mm F, 20mm R spacers.

Past
    B6 S4 Avant
    C5 RS6 Stage 2+
    B5 S4 Stage 3+
    B6 S4
    R32

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 Q5 3.0T SLine

The rear rotors interchange part numbers between B8-S4 and C7 w/330mm x22mm. They both have 68mm hub bores. And depth of 36.2.

The brembo rotors I have were bought for an S4,but they look identical and measurements are the same.

You will need to figure out what you need for your car.

2012 A7 3.0t

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by durfA4 View Post
    The rear rotors interchange part numbers between B8-S4 and C7 w/330mm x22mm. They both have 68mm hub bores. And depth of 36.2.

The brembo rotors I have were bought for an S4,but they look identical and measurements are the same.

You will need to figure out what you need for your car.

OK great, thanks for that diagram. That looks to be a good starting point. I'll dig through other part numbers to see if calipers are interchangeables. Thank you sir!

2014 S5

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by p3u View Post
    Look great! Nice work going the extra step in powder coating.

I have to say, the upgrade to the 380mm rotor has been Awesome!

After the bed in period there is a noticible increase in stopping power at any speed. I can further attest to this as I used the same pad compound both before and with current setup.

One other area where I notice the difference is when using ACC. The car slow noticibly faster when using. This caught me off guard because someone at one point said the rear brakes are used for ACC. Not true.

Not that the old system is bad by any means, but these are awesome. You can never have too much stopping power and the price is right!
    Great feedback, glad it worked out. I was afraid the size wouldn't matter...lol. I want to go lightweight rotor, but I may just use the same rotors you got for now.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

For the price you can't beat them. They actually only weigh ~2lbs more per corner.

I was this close to ordering the two piece rotors tonight, but beyond looking wicked cool and the 6lbs saved per corner you won't feel it or see it on the drag strip. Maybe good for a hundredth or two.

Past
    B6 S4 Avant
    C5 RS6 Stage 2+
    B5 S4 Stage 3+
    B6 S4
    R32

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ntsantos View Post
    Great feedback, glad it worked out. I was afraid the size wouldn't matter...lol. I want to go lightweight rotor, but I may just use the same rotors you got for now.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I was thinking about running light weight rotors also but for the price, I don't think it was worth it for the results. It seems lightweight rotor weight savings is too close to the hub to really produce as much improvement as say lightweight wheels

2014 S5