Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Brutale 1090, BMW 535ix

B9/S4 Hesitation Issue?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hello,
    I am experiencing hesitation issues when accelerating from a stop in both drive and sport modes on the new S4. It is worse when raining, where the car will hesitate and then jump to 4k rpm towards the car in front of me. In all situations it is bad, but much wose when wet. I've looked on various forums and numerous owners are reporting similar issues, though not specified if in wet or dry conditions. Drive is intolerable; sport is better, but still not great. I know that Audi is working on a map to resolve the stumbling issues at idle when cold, but my service tech does not know if they are working on software revisions to address this problem. Can you let me know?

Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I can check your VIN to see if there is anything related, but can't guarantee it. Expect a private message from me.
    Vincenzo F.

Audi Social Community Manager

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Traction control off

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Brutale 1090, BMW 535ix

I am keeping traction control off and driving in sport mode. Interesting that if you google, "Audi B9 S4 lag" there are numerous posts about the same issues. Some blame it on Turbo-Lag, others, on the transmission. All I know is that my car either hesitates and then hauls-butt or accelerates modestly to 3k rpm and then hauls-butt. ONLY from a stop.