Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1987 Dodge Ram, 2003 Dodge Ram,

2011 Audi Corrosion Warrenty

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    My 2011 S4 Phantom Black Pearl has bubbles starting to form on the hood from corrosion from within the paint. These bubbles have come forth within the past month.

Local Audi is saying the hood has been re painted. They are saying "orange peel" is their determining reason.
    They spent 30+ mins looking at vin, rest of the car, underside of hood, etc...
    There are no edges in the paint, no dirt in the paint, no differences in flakes/patterns, overlaps, poor blending, etc..

The Audi dealership that had done all the services up to 92k miles has record of them premium detailing the car every visit.
    I bought the car from a private dealership that bought the car from Audi at 92.2k miles and I bought it at 92.4k miles.
    Paint was immaculate. Only thing visible now is the some rock chips from most likely the northern winters, wash/swirl marks, 'orange peel' (said by them, but still looks like paint on the 2017 on the lot.).
    Car currently has 120k. miles.

There are no records on the Carfax of the any accident.

Have had a 3rd party auto body shop look at the areas of concern and they say the issue is from corrosion within from the aluminum hood.

Any recommendations?
    2011 S4 | Phantom Pearl Black | Unitronic Stage 2+ ECU & TCU | Roc-Euro Intake | Airlift 3P Air Ride | ECS Drivetrain mounts, Skid Plate, Boost Gauge, and Carbon Wing | Strafe Design Aero Splitters and Diffuser | 20% Tint | RS4 Grill

Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I'd like to look into this for you. Could you send me a private message with your full name, VIN, mailing address, and email address? Thank you.
    Vincenzo F.

Audi Social Community Manager

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1987 Dodge Ram, 2003 Dodge Ram,

PM Sent! Thank you.
    2011 S4 | Phantom Pearl Black | Unitronic Stage 2+ ECU & TCU | Roc-Euro Intake | Airlift 3P Air Ride | ECS Drivetrain mounts, Skid Plate, Boost Gauge, and Carbon Wing | Strafe Design Aero Splitters and Diffuser | 20% Tint | RS4 Grill