Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Thread: MTM chip wanted

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

MTM chip wanted

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hi, does anybody know where I can find MTM chip for my 2001.5 B5 S4? I would like to go with a stage 2+(MTM calls it stage 3). Or probably somebody has one.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Bump

Senior Member Four Rings blitz2190's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2004 A4 1.8T Quattro, 2.7T swap Stage 3 APR 6 speed
    Items for Sale

any specific reason it needs to be mtm? you could just get a custom tune, stage 2's typically run anywhere from $300 - $500
    Never argue with an idiot, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
    2.7T Swap Wiring Guide (Psst this is a link)
    New Build In progress built 2.7 STK 2004 B6 A4- Thread and pic to come

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I found lots of positive reviews on that tune stating that it is the smoothest one and safe at the same time. I am looking something for everyday driving. I currently have an APR stage 1 and it didn't impress me that much. I will be installing a catless turbo back exhaust soon and thinking about a different tune.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

APR is probably the smoothest running OTS tune you'll find, but if your looking for more power or aggressive OTS you'd probably want giac or EPL. though I would recommend going with a good custom tuner, they will cost about the same but then you will get revisions to make the tune better for your car, and on the plus side can tell them how aggressive or not you want it to be. Off hand I would recommend Motoza, Blake Beadle, Biche etc, they all have good experience with this platform. Another benifit is you won't have to get the hardware that the mtm tune specifically calls for if it needs upgraded injectors, some do some don't depends on the tune.
    Never argue with an idiot, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I'll think about it. Thanks for response

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

I had an MTM "stage 3" i sold it awhile back switched to a Daz tune when he was still around. Much better tune IMO than the MTM was. Just advice from someone who had both. Cheers

Veteran Member Four Rings MacDaddy's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Theres enough daz tunes out there, someone could just copy and paste, cant exactly steal from a dead guy.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Does anybody know what were the options on Daz tune? I have an ecu that I got with the car and I was told it has a Daz tune on it, but it's smth close to stock, with stock boost just the egts and o2s coded out.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by MacDaddy View Post
    Theres enough daz tunes out there, someone could just copy and paste, cant exactly steal from a dead guy.
    a little cold don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by emiden View Post
    Does anybody know what were the options on Daz tune? I have an ecu that I got with the car and I was told it has a Daz tune on it, but it's smth close to stock, with stock boost just the egts and o2s coded out.
    there are a thousand tunes he made all different form the last, he did custom tunes depending on the customers hardware and needs and how crazy on the edge you wanted power. Also despite what MacDaddy said no one is going to give you a tune they paid good money for and tested and logged to have it revised.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Does anybody know some good places to get a custom tune in Seattle area?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by emiden View Post
    Does anybody know some good places to get a custom tune in Seattle area?
    Motoza, Blake Beadle, Biche, all of them do remote tuning, then you log send them the logs and get a revised tune, Motoza is a company with the tuning done by dave, blake is reachable through the fb group, Bische is a member on here and he has said the best way to get a hold of him is through fb as well. Other than that I'm not sure of anyone who does local to you but I bet there are some, just keep in mind a tune done at a shop on a dyno is big $$$ and usually only worth it when going for big power, so stage 3 and beyond.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by blitz2190 View Post
    Motoza, Blake Beadle, Biche, all of them do remote tuning, then you log send them the logs and get a revised tune, Motoza is a company with the tuning done by dave, blake is reachable through the fb group, Bische is a member on here and he has said the best way to get a hold of him is through fb as well. Other than that I'm not sure of anyone who does local to you but I bet there are some, just keep in mind a tune done at a shop on a dyno is big $$$ and usually only worth it when going for big power, so stage 3 and beyond.
    Ok thanks a lot for clearing that out