Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Three Rings TexasDfwS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

TV like screen on dash???

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Is Audi happy with the look and finish of the screen mounted on top of the dash? I was shopping for the wife and she couldn't wrap her head around the new look.
    B8.5 2013 S4 Ice Silver, DSG, Uni 2+TCU, Prestige Model, MMI, B&O, Fine Napa, Sports Diff, audi assist, 19" Peelers, Carbon Atlas Inlays.
    Q5 3.0 2017 Ibis W/ BO with S-line

Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Audi of America decided to have a fixed screen above the dash for design elements. Our design team looks to lower the height of the dashboard to increase the sense of space inside the cabin. If the screen were still integrated at the lower height in the dashboard, the driver would have to look too far down. With the screen floating above the dashboard, the line of sight is preserved.

There was another thread posted regarding the same feature. I will pass along your feedback.
    Vincenzo F.

Audi Social Community Manager

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I was curious re: whether I'd like it. In practice, I find it sort of disappears and it is not distracting, at all. My passenger (wife) likes its functionality and, other than an initial conversation regarding how it looks, has had only positive things to say about it.
    Tim

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

And the BMW 330 which competes with the A4 also has the same kind of screen. As well as the c-class mercedes.

Veteran Member Three Rings pwdrskr's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

I find the screen awful. Ruins the lines of the interior. I have a B8.5 allroad with an integrated screen. The screen is neither too low nor does it interfere with sight lines out of the car. I am just flabbergasted that Audi (and other manufacturers) opted for the floating screen design. It looks like it was an afterthought.

I hate it so much it has been one of the main reasons I haven't added a new Audi recently. I can't bring myself to spend the money on a new car with such a hideous design flaw. I am holding out hope that my allroad lasts long enough for Audi to come to their senses and fix this error in judgement.
    13 allroad/Prestige/ibis/blk, 20%, expel, APR K04, AWE DP, Eurocode FMIC/HFC, GFB DV+, R8 coils, NGK BKR8EIX plugs, 034 Trans & Rr Diff Mounts, Apikol Rr Diff Mount, Vogtland coils, Alu Kreuz, Stasis S4/S5 Rr Sway, Vorsteiner V-FF 104 (20x10/et30), Conti ExtremeContact DWS 06-275/30ZR20, Stoptech rotors, Hawk Ceramics, iJDMTOY 3000K Amber Yellow fogs, F/R e-codes, semi-dyn sigs, RS5 Pedals, Perf. Shift, load rail storage sys, under seat bins