Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1
    Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Two Rings
    Join Date
    Aug 31 2012
    AZ Member #
    99659
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Items for Sale

    NEW PRODUCT: **Milltek Sport RS3 Secondary Cat Bypass Pipes** Available for PRE-ORDER

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    The first few sets have flown off the shelf and we've got a big batch on order. Next batch will be arriving in early September. You can order from G-WERKE.com or from our network of dealers in North America. Customers are raving about these. Adds the perfect amount of sound and doesn't break the bank! $249 delivered within the continental US.

    Milltek Sport RS3 at G-WERKE.com

    Milltek Sport North American dealers

    Griffin Motorwerke | Authorized Importer/Distributor of Milltek Sport Exhaust
    Phone: 585.388.1288 | Email: milltek@g-werke.com | URL: www.g-werke.com


  2. #2
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Dec 12 2015
    AZ Member #
    365727
    Location
    McLean, VA

    Quote Originally Posted by Will@G-Werke View Post
    The first few sets have flown off the shelf and we've got a big batch on order. Next batch will be arriving in early September. You can order from G-WERKE.com or from our network of dealers in North America. Customers are raving about these. Adds the perfect amount of sound and doesn't break the bank! $249 delivered within the continental US.

    Milltek Sport RS3 at G-WERKE.com

    Milltek Sport North American dealers

    Any videos of this installed? Sounds like something I'd be interested in but I'd like to hear it before preordering.

  3. #3
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 01 2012
    AZ Member #
    99704
    Location
    Edmonton

    PM sent very interested.....
    2018 RS3 Panther Black

  4. #4
    Established Member Two Rings audi_rs5_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 11 2015
    AZ Member #
    332217
    Location
    Miami, Fl

    Do you guys have a sound clip of this?
    2017 RS3 Nardo Grey (INCOMING), 2013 C63 AMG P31 Coupe (For sale), 2017 C63 Cabriolet, 2017 Audi S8 Talladega R, 2016 911 Club Coupe (For sale), 2014 Mercedes E350, 2016 Bentley Flying Spur V8

    www.MTM-USA.com
    IG: @theultimatecarguy
    RS3s of Miami: https://www.instagram.com/rs3sofmiami/

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by audi_rs5_ View Post
    Do you guys have a sound clip of this?
    Was looking myself, if it sounds like this I'm in. Believe he mentioned this pipe was in this rs3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1-bkByL4tI
    Still waiting on the ARP tune thinking this will be apart of thier stage 2 or i'm completly wrong. Regardless looks like this is the first mod for sound hands down.
    2017 RS3
    2018 Q5
    2015 GMC Denali Duramax
    YouTube Channel

  6. #6
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    393992
    Location
    Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by brad65ford View Post
    Was looking myself, if it sounds like this I'm in. Believe he mentioned this pipe was in this rs3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1-bkByL4tI
    Still waiting on the ARP tune thinking this will be apart of thier stage 2 or i'm completly wrong. Regardless looks like this is the first mod for sound hands down.
    The older rs3 had more pops and bangs stock so I'm not sure the new one will sound like that with the secondary cat deleted

  7. #7
    For sure, definitely a different sounds the newer rs3 seem to have a more hollow sounds to me.
    2017 RS3
    2018 Q5
    2015 GMC Denali Duramax
    YouTube Channel

  8. #8
    Confused at the photo listed for these pipes, if someone could help be understand the correct wording used since it seems there are only 1 set of cat's on the rs3/ttrs and then there is resonators then mufflers. The name secondary cats is confusing me since there isn't any I believe.

    It looks as though these pipes shown would be for replacing the cat's themselves, not the resonators which are further back. Reason i say this is you can see the 3 bolt flange which wouldn't be used on the newer RS3's. The stock rs3 2017-2018 exhaust resonators do not unbolt from either side. It would require a cut in the furthest back section near the y pipe. Assuming the kit would require a slip joint connection not bolt on like shown. I've done a video of the undernear of my rs3, (fast forward to 1.55 min's) to see what i'm talking about. Please let us know if the photo is incorrect, i'm in to purchase if this is what i'm talking about.
    2017 RS3
    2018 Q5
    2015 GMC Denali Duramax
    YouTube Channel

  9. #9
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Apr 11 2017
    AZ Member #
    397545
    My Garage
    2000 Boxster S, 2003 Subaru WRX, 2009 BMW 335i 6MT, 1973 VW Beetle
    Location
    Long Beach, CA

    I believe there is a set of pre-cats much closer to the motor for cold-start emissions that are not visible from underneath -- probably in the top of the downpipe. The pipes at the top look like they replace the actual cats. I don't know how I feel about the flange on one side and slip-fits on the other end -- seems like it would make it hard to revert to stock, which is something those of us in certain states might really want.

    Quote Originally Posted by brad65ford View Post
    Confused at the photo listed for these pipes, if someone could help be understand the correct wording used since it seems there are only 1 set of cat's on the rs3/ttrs and then there is resonators then mufflers. The name secondary cats is confusing me since there isn't any I believe.

    It looks as though these pipes shown would be for replacing the cat's themselves, not the resonators which are further back. Reason i say this is you can see the 3 bolt flange which wouldn't be used on the newer RS3's. The stock rs3 2017-2018 exhaust resonators do not unbolt from either side. It would require a cut in the furthest back section near the y pipe. Assuming the kit would require a slip joint connection not bolt on like shown. I've done a video of the undernear of my rs3, (fast forward to 1.55 min's) to see what i'm talking about. Please let us know if the photo is incorrect, i'm in to purchase if this is what i'm talking about.
    ___________________________________
    [on order] 2018 RS3 - Nardo Gray

  10. #10
    If that is true then there is another cat up further like your mentioned since i didn't / couldn't see. Thought there was only one set of cats on these from all the photos of the stock exhaust pulled off of the rs3 and ttrs's. The flange/bellow looking thing doesn't / shouldn't have anything in it all all. Would be surprised they call the main cats / secondard cats. Looking forward in learning if this is true or not. If i'm correc then removing the only cats (what is called the "secondary cats") the exhaust is going to smell.
    2017 RS3
    2018 Q5
    2015 GMC Denali Duramax
    YouTube Channel

  11. #11
    Stage 2 Banner Advertiser One Ring
    Join Date
    Jun 09 2017
    AZ Member #
    400835
    Location
    Rochester, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by brad65ford View Post
    If that is true then there is another cat up further like your mentioned since i didn't / couldn't see. Thought there was only one set of cats on these from all the photos of the stock exhaust pulled off of the rs3 and ttrs's. The flange/bellow looking thing doesn't / shouldn't have anything in it all all. Would be surprised they call the main cats / secondard cats. Looking forward in learning if this is true or not. If i'm correc then removing the only cats (what is called the "secondary cats") the exhaust is going to smell.
    Figured I would chime in to help clear up some confusion.

    The cats shown in the video at the ~1:50 mark are the secondary cats. As you can see in the picture below, the primary cat is located in the downpipe directly after the turbo. As for why it is flanged on one end and slip fit on the other, it is designed to be a direct swap of the factory piece (the slip fit connection is pointed out at the 1:57 mark in the video). This means the mod is 100% reversible.

    Hope that helps clarify


    Authorized Importer/Distributor of Milltek Sport Exhaust

    Phone: 585.388.1288 | Email: Brandon@g-werke.com | URL: www.g-werke.com

  12. #12
    Thanks Brandon, that totally clears things up. So the first cat's are in the downpipe which is crazy to learn.

    I'm down for doing the secondary cat mod for sure!
    2017 RS3
    2018 Q5
    2015 GMC Denali Duramax
    YouTube Channel

  13. #13
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 01 2012
    AZ Member #
    99704
    Location
    Edmonton

    Quote Originally Posted by brad65ford View Post
    Thanks Brandon, that totally clears things up. So the first cat's are in the downpipe which is crazy to learn.

    I'm down for doing the secondary cat mod for sure!
    @brad65ford have you checked your build sheet if you have either the 7MU or 7GH code

    @Brandon@G-Werke just want to double check but these pipes are the same pipe that come with the car if you have a build with 7MU build code. Or are these different?? Canadian market cars come with a bypass cat pipe factory. Any different between this and OEM? I sent you an PM a few days ago have you not received it?
    2018 RS3 Panther Black

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by WAF View Post
    @brad65ford have you checked your build sheet if you have either the 7MU or 7GH code

    @Brandon@G-Werke just want to double check but these pipes are the same pipe that come with the car if you have a build with 7MU build code. Or are these different?? Canadian market cars come with a bypass cat pipe factory. Any different between this and OEM? I sent you an PM a few days ago have you not received it?
    Not sure where to find this, though i know for a fact that mine surely has the secondary cats. Want to remove though we don't have any secondary cat delete kits yet in the USA unless i'm incorrect. Not sure if the ttrs delete kit would work.
    2017 RS3
    2018 Q5
    2015 GMC Denali Duramax
    YouTube Channel

  15. #15
    Stage 2 Banner Advertiser One Ring
    Join Date
    Jun 09 2017
    AZ Member #
    400835
    Location
    Rochester, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by WAF View Post
    @Brandon@G-Werke just want to double check but these pipes are the same pipe that come with the car if you have a build with 7MU build code. Or are these different?? Canadian market cars come with a bypass cat pipe factory. Any different between this and OEM? I sent you an PM a few days ago have you not received it?
    We haven't seen a Canadian market car yet, so I wouldnt be able to confirm whether or not they are the same unfortunately. Just double checked and I havent recieved any PM's from you, is it possible it was sent to Will@G-werke? Either way feel free to resend it and I'll make sure we get back to you.


    Quote Originally Posted by brad65ford View Post
    Not sure where to find this, though i know for a fact that mine surely has the secondary cats. Want to remove though we don't have any secondary cat delete kits yet in the USA unless i'm incorrect. Not sure if the ttrs delete kit would work.
    We have a few kits on vehicles here in the US already, our first batch just sold out faster than we expected. Next batch will be here early September.

    Authorized Importer/Distributor of Milltek Sport Exhaust

    Phone: 585.388.1288 | Email: Brandon@g-werke.com | URL: www.g-werke.com

  16. #16
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Dec 12 2015
    AZ Member #
    365727
    Location
    McLean, VA

    I'm in for a set pending a video / sound clip.

  17. #17
    Veteran Member Three Rings CrystalBlu1.8T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14 2006
    AZ Member #
    11273
    My Garage
    2017 RS3, 00 S4, 81 VW Caddy
    Location
    CT

    Will the delete throw any codes?

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by CrystalBlu1.8T View Post
    Will the delete throw any codes?
    If you check out my video you'll see there is no 02 or any other sensors to cause for a check engine code. In short, it's an easy exhaust mod for these cars.
    2017 RS3
    2018 Q5
    2015 GMC Denali Duramax
    YouTube Channel

  19. #19
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Sep 01 2012
    AZ Member #
    99704
    Location
    Edmonton

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon@G-Werke View Post
    We haven't seen a Canadian market car yet, so I wouldnt be able to confirm whether or not they are the same unfortunately. Just double checked and I havent recieved any PM's from you, is it possible it was sent to Will@G-werke? Either way feel free to resend it and I'll make sure we get back to you.
    Ah yes your correct i sent it to Will.
    2018 RS3 Panther Black

  20. #20
    Established Member Two Rings javbomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 11 2013
    AZ Member #
    115001
    Location
    Sydney

    I just went down and checked under my car. I don't have the secondary cats at all on my car, which is also equipped with the RS Sports suspension as standard in Australia.

    So, cars in Australia don't have them it seems. Hooray!
    ------------------------------------
    RS3 Sedan '17 | Daytona Grey | RS Performance Package 2 | RS Design Package | Black High Gloss | Carbon Engine Cover | Matrix LED | Sunroof | Full Tint

  21. #21
    Established Member Two Rings javbomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 11 2013
    AZ Member #
    115001
    Location
    Sydney

    Guys just something else to note with you peeps requesting clips on what this would sound like with the bypass pipes,

    This video is actually an Australian car, and since I confirmed mine does have the factory secondary cat bypass (I dont have the cats at all), this video is, in fact, of a car with NO secondary cats.



    Its also possible the older RS3 in the same video also does not have them either if its something they exclude from our market as a whole, which makes the most sense to me.

    I would bet that since the Milltek pipes are going to do exactly the same thing, its going to sound identical to that video.

    Food for thought...
    ------------------------------------
    RS3 Sedan '17 | Daytona Grey | RS Performance Package 2 | RS Design Package | Black High Gloss | Carbon Engine Cover | Matrix LED | Sunroof | Full Tint

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2017 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.