Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

NEW PRODUCT: **Milltek Sport RS3 Secondary Cat Bypass Pipes** Available for PRE-ORDER

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    The first few sets have flown off the shelf and we've got a big batch on order. Next batch will be arriving in early September. You can order from G-WERKE.com or from our network of dealers in North America. Customers are raving about these. Adds the perfect amount of sound and doesn't break the bank! $249 delivered within the continental US.

Milltek Sport RS3 at G-WERKE.com

Milltek Sport North American dealers

Griffin Motorwerke | Authorized Importer/Distributor of Milltek Sport Exhaust
    Phone: 585.388.1288 | Email: milltek@g-werke.com | URL: www.g-werke.com

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Will@G-Werke View Post
    The first few sets have flown off the shelf and we've got a big batch on order. Next batch will be arriving in early September. You can order from G-WERKE.com or from our network of dealers in North America. Customers are raving about these. Adds the perfect amount of sound and doesn't break the bank! $249 delivered within the continental US.

Milltek Sport RS3 at G-WERKE.com

Milltek Sport North American dealers

Any videos of this installed? Sounds like something I'd be interested in but I'd like to hear it before preordering.

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

PM sent very interested.....
    2018 RS3 Panther Black

Established Member Two Rings audi_rs5_'s Avatar
    AZ Member #

Do you guys have a sound clip of this?
    2017 RS3 Nardo Grey (INCOMING), 2013 C63 AMG P31 Coupe (For sale), 2017 C63 Cabriolet, 2017 Audi S8 Talladega R, 2016 911 Club Coupe (For sale), 2014 Mercedes E350, 2016 Bentley Flying Spur V8

www.MTM-USA.com
    IG: @theultimatecarguy
    RS3s of Miami: https://www.instagram.com/rs3sofmiami/

Quote Originally Posted by audi_rs5_ View Post
    Do you guys have a sound clip of this?
    Was looking myself, if it sounds like this I'm in. Believe he mentioned this pipe was in this rs3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1-bkByL4tI
    Still waiting on the ARP tune thinking this will be apart of thier stage 2 or i'm completly wrong. Regardless looks like this is the first mod for sound hands down.
    2017 RS3
    2018 Q5
    2015 GMC Denali Duramax
    YouTube Channel

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by brad65ford View Post
    Was looking myself, if it sounds like this I'm in. Believe he mentioned this pipe was in this rs3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1-bkByL4tI
    Still waiting on the ARP tune thinking this will be apart of thier stage 2 or i'm completly wrong. Regardless looks like this is the first mod for sound hands down.
    The older rs3 had more pops and bangs stock so I'm not sure the new one will sound like that with the secondary cat deleted

For sure, definitely a different sounds the newer rs3 seem to have a more hollow sounds to me.
    2017 RS3
    2018 Q5
    2015 GMC Denali Duramax
    YouTube Channel

Confused at the photo listed for these pipes, if someone could help be understand the correct wording used since it seems there are only 1 set of cat's on the rs3/ttrs and then there is resonators then mufflers. The name secondary cats is confusing me since there isn't any I believe.

It looks as though these pipes shown would be for replacing the cat's themselves, not the resonators which are further back. Reason i say this is you can see the 3 bolt flange which wouldn't be used on the newer RS3's. The stock rs3 2017-2018 exhaust resonators do not unbolt from either side. It would require a cut in the furthest back section near the y pipe. Assuming the kit would require a slip joint connection not bolt on like shown. I've done a video of the undernear of my rs3, (fast forward to 1.55 min's) to see what i'm talking about. Please let us know if the photo is incorrect, i'm in to purchase if this is what i'm talking about.
    2017 RS3
    2018 Q5
    2015 GMC Denali Duramax
    YouTube Channel

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2000 Boxster S, 2003 Subaru WRX, 2009 BMW 335i 6MT, 1973 VW Beetle

I believe there is a set of pre-cats much closer to the motor for cold-start emissions that are not visible from underneath -- probably in the top of the downpipe. The pipes at the top look like they replace the actual cats. I don't know how I feel about the flange on one side and slip-fits on the other end -- seems like it would make it hard to revert to stock, which is something those of us in certain states might really want.

Confused at the photo listed for these pipes, if someone could help be understand the correct wording used since it seems there are only 1 set of cat's on the rs3/ttrs and then there is resonators then mufflers. The name secondary cats is confusing me since there isn't any I believe.

It looks as though these pipes shown would be for replacing the cat's themselves, not the resonators which are further back. Reason i say this is you can see the 3 bolt flange which wouldn't be used on the newer RS3's. The stock rs3 2017-2018 exhaust resonators do not unbolt from either side. It would require a cut in the furthest back section near the y pipe. Assuming the kit would require a slip joint connection not bolt on like shown. I've done a video of the undernear of my rs3, (fast forward to 1.55 min's) to see what i'm talking about. Please let us know if the photo is incorrect, i'm in to purchase if this is what i'm talking about.

If that is true then there is another cat up further like your mentioned since i didn't / couldn't see. Thought there was only one set of cats on these from all the photos of the stock exhaust pulled off of the rs3 and ttrs's. The flange/bellow looking thing doesn't / shouldn't have anything in it all all. Would be surprised they call the main cats / secondard cats. Looking forward in learning if this is true or not. If i'm correc then removing the only cats (what is called the "secondary cats") the exhaust is going to smell.
    2017 RS3
    2018 Q5
    2015 GMC Denali Duramax
    YouTube Channel

AZ Member #

If that is true then there is another cat up further like your mentioned since i didn't / couldn't see. Thought there was only one set of cats on these from all the photos of the stock exhaust pulled off of the rs3 and ttrs's. The flange/bellow looking thing doesn't / shouldn't have anything in it all all. Would be surprised they call the main cats / secondard cats. Looking forward in learning if this is true or not. If i'm correc then removing the only cats (what is called the "secondary cats") the exhaust is going to smell.
    Figured I would chime in to help clear up some confusion.

The cats shown in the video at the ~1:50 mark are the secondary cats. As you can see in the picture below, the primary cat is located in the downpipe directly after the turbo. As for why it is flanged on one end and slip fit on the other, it is designed to be a direct swap of the factory piece (the slip fit connection is pointed out at the 1:57 mark in the video). This means the mod is 100% reversible.

Hope that helps clarify

Authorized Importer/Distributor of Milltek Sport Exhaust

Phone: 585.388.1288 | Email: Brandon@g-werke.com | URL: www.g-werke.com

Thanks Brandon, that totally clears things up. So the first cat's are in the downpipe which is crazy to learn.

I'm down for doing the secondary cat mod for sure!
    2017 RS3
    2018 Q5
    2015 GMC Denali Duramax
    YouTube Channel

AZ Member #

Thanks Brandon, that totally clears things up. So the first cat's are in the downpipe which is crazy to learn.

I'm down for doing the secondary cat mod for sure!
    @brad65ford have you checked your build sheet if you have either the 7MU or 7GH code

@Brandon@G-Werke just want to double check but these pipes are the same pipe that come with the car if you have a build with 7MU build code. Or are these different?? Canadian market cars come with a bypass cat pipe factory. Any different between this and OEM? I sent you an PM a few days ago have you not received it?
    2018 RS3 Panther Black

Quote Originally Posted by WAF View Post
    @brad65ford have you checked your build sheet if you have either the 7MU or 7GH code

@Brandon@G-Werke just want to double check but these pipes are the same pipe that come with the car if you have a build with 7MU build code. Or are these different?? Canadian market cars come with a bypass cat pipe factory. Any different between this and OEM? I sent you an PM a few days ago have you not received it?
    Not sure where to find this, though i know for a fact that mine surely has the secondary cats. Want to remove though we don't have any secondary cat delete kits yet in the USA unless i'm incorrect. Not sure if the ttrs delete kit would work.
    2017 RS3
    2018 Q5
    2015 GMC Denali Duramax
    YouTube Channel

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by WAF View Post
    We haven't seen a Canadian market car yet, so I wouldnt be able to confirm whether or not they are the same unfortunately. Just double checked and I havent recieved any PM's from you, is it possible it was sent to Will@G-werke? Either way feel free to resend it and I'll make sure we get back to you.

Not sure where to find this, though i know for a fact that mine surely has the secondary cats. Want to remove though we don't have any secondary cat delete kits yet in the USA unless i'm incorrect. Not sure if the ttrs delete kit would work.
    We have a few kits on vehicles here in the US already, our first batch just sold out faster than we expected. Next batch will be here early September.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I'm in for a set pending a video / sound clip.

Veteran Member Three Rings CrystalBlu1.8T's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 RS3, 00 S4, 81 VW Caddy

Will the delete throw any codes?

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalBlu1.8T View Post
    Will the delete throw any codes?
    If you check out my video you'll see there is no 02 or any other sensors to cause for a check engine code. In short, it's an easy exhaust mod for these cars.
    2017 RS3
    2018 Q5
    2015 GMC Denali Duramax
    YouTube Channel

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon@G-Werke View Post
    We haven't seen a Canadian market car yet, so I wouldnt be able to confirm whether or not they are the same unfortunately. Just double checked and I havent recieved any PM's from you, is it possible it was sent to Will@G-werke? Either way feel free to resend it and I'll make sure we get back to you.
    Ah yes your correct i sent it to Will.
    2018 RS3 Panther Black

Established Member Two Rings javbomb's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I just went down and checked under my car. I don't have the secondary cats at all on my car, which is also equipped with the RS Sports suspension as standard in Australia.

So, cars in Australia don't have them it seems. Hooray!
    ------------------------------------
    RS3 Sedan '17 | Daytona Grey | RS Performance Package 2 | RS Design Package | Black High Gloss | Carbon Engine Cover | Matrix LED | Sunroof | Full Tint

Established Member Two Rings javbomb's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guys just something else to note with you peeps requesting clips on what this would sound like with the bypass pipes,

This video is actually an Australian car, and since I confirmed mine does have the factory secondary cat bypass (I dont have the cats at all), this video is, in fact, of a car with NO secondary cats.

Its also possible the older RS3 in the same video also does not have them either if its something they exclude from our market as a whole, which makes the most sense to me.

I would bet that since the Milltek pipes are going to do exactly the same thing, its going to sound identical to that video.

Food for thought...
    ------------------------------------
    RS3 Sedan '17 | Daytona Grey | RS Performance Package 2 | RS Design Package | Black High Gloss | Carbon Engine Cover | Matrix LED | Sunroof | Full Tint

AZ Member #

Received another batch today! Most sets are already spoken for, but there are still a few available. Order at the link in the first post.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Does this add any power? Or just change the sound?
    Current DD: 2018 Audi RS3, Daytona Gray, Black Optics
    Current Tow: 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, 4x4 5.7L, Tow Package

Retired:
    2014 Audi S4, Black Mythos/Black Optics - ChipWerke
    2011 BMW 335d, M-Sport, Tech, Premium - JBD
    2007 Honda Accord Coupe, V6/6Speed - I tried to be reasonable-ish for a couple of years...
    2000 Ford Mustang 3.8L - Performance Red, 5 spd, Every bolt-on I could get my hands on + some dremel work on the top end

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Is it the US model only that have the secondary cats or does any other country also use them?
    I check on a RS3 in Norway and there is no such thing under the car.
    RS3 SCAT

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by context.eax View Post
    Is it the US model only that have the secondary cats or does any other country also use them?
    I check on a RS3 in Norway and there is no such thing under the car.
    RS3 SCAT
    USA, Canada and UK

Active Member Two Rings IGOTGAME's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by theskunk View Post
    Does this add any power? Or just change the sound?
    Don't think they added power but definitely sounds better. Glad I went with Milltek better than OEM

Registered Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

It would be great to Dyno before and after. From the vid posted on hollowing them out I would be surprised if you don't pick up a few ponies

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Ordered mine lastnight! Trying to get a few things on hand for my car's pending arrival!

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by OE2 View Post
    It would be great to Dyno before and after. From the vid posted on hollowing them out I would be surprised if you don't pick up a few ponies
    I was told if you hollow them out you will get a echo noise much better to put a strait pipe and plus it's a pain in the ass to hollow them out much easier to pay the 250.00. When Brad did that job (video) there were no mods out yet for the secondary cat delete he was one of the first guys in the USA with an RS3

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 Ibis TT-RS (ON ORDER) 2012 A4 2.0T White S-Line 2011 E90 Alpine white M3 Sedan (SOLD) 2008 Ibis

Ordered mine from G-werk....shipped quickly and had them installed Friday on my 1 week old RS3 sedan.

They DO NOT come with installation hardware, so I had to run find some hardened stainless to fit them. The original midpipes are threaded and have studs, unlike the Millteks. I didn't see an option to purchase the installation hardware on the website.

Sound is perfect......wakes it up, yet doesn't intrude into the cabin. In comfort mode, you'll not even notice, but in Dynamic Sport....ooooooh yeahhhh! Quality pipes as usual from Milltek. And I'll be purchasing again from G-werk.....thanks for your help!
    2018 Glacier White RS3 on order (8/21 production)
    2013 Ibis TT-RS APR Stage 2+
    2012 A4 2.0T White S-Line
    2011 E90 Alpine white M3 Sedan (SOLD)
    2008 Ibis RS4 (RIP)
    2010 Meteor Grey Q5 S-Line Wifey's car (sold)

Veteran Member Three Rings sleeperwagon's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    18 RS3, 15 Audi Q7, 97 M3 Sedan, 03 M3 Convert, 99 M coupe
    Items for Sale

my set did come with hardware, I had to search as it got mixed in with the paper packaging. Install was easy and it sounds great (I don't have the sport exhaust) and think its a great combo. In Comfort Mode I can still hold a great cell/bluetooth conversation between 70-80mph with customers. In Dynamic mode the "snap crackle pop" is just dang nice.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by NoogMan View Post
    Ordered mine from G-werk....shipped quickly and had them installed Friday on my 1 week old RS3 sedan.

They DO NOT come with installation hardware, so I had to run find some hardened stainless to fit them. The original midpipes are threaded and have studs, unlike the Millteks. I didn't see an option to purchase the installation hardware on the website.

Sound is perfect......wakes it up, yet doesn't intrude into the cabin. In comfort mode, you'll not even notice, but in Dynamic Sport....ooooooh yeahhhh! Quality pipes as usual from Milltek. And I'll be purchasing again from G-werk.....thanks for your help!
    are you sure about the hardware was not in the box ? they all come with it maybe he forgot to put it in the box when they shipped it

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by NoogMan View Post

Glad you're happy with them!

These bypass pipes do come with installation hardware, it's possible there was an error made in our shipping department. Shoot me an email (brandon@g-werke.com) and we'll get that taken care of for you.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by sleeperwagon View Post
    my set did come with hardware, I had to search as it got mixed in with the paper packaging. Install was easy and it sounds great (I don't have the sport exhaust) and think its a great combo. In Comfort Mode I can still hold a great cell/bluetooth conversation between 70-80mph with customers. In Dynamic mode the "snap crackle pop" is just dang nice.
    Video would be great!!

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Senior Member Three Rings Konrad's Avatar
    AZ Member #

My set didn't come with hardware. Other then that it's great.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Konrad View Post
    PM incoming

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 Ibis TT-RS (ON ORDER) 2012 A4 2.0T White S-Line 2011 E90 Alpine white M3 Sedan (SOLD) 2008 Ibis

Quote Originally Posted by Konrad View Post
    Yeah, we searched both boxes, bubble wrap, and paper.....ended up getting some stainless from a local parts place. Now I don't feel like the odd man out....lol
    2018 Glacier White RS3 on order (8/21 production)
    2013 Ibis TT-RS APR Stage 2+
    2012 A4 2.0T White S-Line
    2011 E90 Alpine white M3 Sedan (SOLD)
    2008 Ibis RS4 (RIP)
    2010 Meteor Grey Q5 S-Line Wifey's car (sold)

Senior Member Two Rings Canvasoso's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Do we have to get bolts if we get these? Aren't they included? If so, which bolts?
    Current: 2018 RS3 / Dynamic / Technology / Carbon / 7HE / Daytona Gray / Alu Optics
    Previous: 2013 B8.5 S4 - 1998 B5 A4 1.8TM - 2002 B6 A4 2.0TM - 2006 B7 A4 2.0TQM

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Is there a point in comparing the 3 or 4 options on bypass pipes out there? OEM vs these, etc? Any pluses or minuses going with any brand/oem etc?
    2017 Audi RS3 Ara Blue

Registered Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I believe they are all about the same in price, go with the ones that are in stock and you can get easily. I tried to compare pricing with OEM but it looks like the only way to get OEM is to order internationally and at that point, with shipping it as expensive if not more than Milltek