Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 RS-5

B8.5 A5/S5/RS5 Rear Sunshade RETROFIT anyone?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I would like to ADD the Rear power sunshade option to my B8.5 RS5. I have searched and searched but cant seem to find a conclusive answer on if it can be done with parts or if its something more complex like running a wire for the switch under the MMI or something. I suppose it could easily be added by changing the switch, rear speaker tray and shade motor assembly. Of course then coding also. But, has anyone done it?

Thanks for the help!

Leif
    2015 RS-5

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2008 Toyota Highlander

I have sorta installed it. Not sure about the b8.5 but I've installed the switch which requires a new ESP switch. You will need a new rear deck along with the motor and shade. Coding is in the central elec and central conv. I have everything installed but I need to make a harness for the motor that goes to the central conv in the trunk. Also it looks like you may have to replace the rear A pillars as well. The parts look identical but the PR codes are different. Also there's trim pieces too if your serious about this when I have time I can make a list

Senior Member Four Rings JamesRS5's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Honestly, why?

I've never used it in my car and I live in a pretty hot and sunny country. It would be so much less hassle and more effective to get a good quality heat reflecting tint fitted to the rear window. You don't even need to get a tint, they have heat reflecting clear now.

The sun shade in my car has an 'auto' selection in MMI so it will be an MMI setting somewhere in the green menu but to add to that, Ive no idea what auto mode does, I tried it and nothing seemed to happen, maybe it's supposed to lower if I select reverse but it wasn't up long enough for me to try.
    I accept a Stage II tuned S5 is quicker than an RS5
    Doug convinced me
    He's also the reason I don't come here much

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

best bet would be to throw some tint back there. I have 20% all around and my car stays pretty cool.

Registered Member One Ring Futura Design's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I have one in my S5, and I also had one in my previous LS430. Yes you can install tint, but it can actually be a good measure of security to darken up the inside even more.