Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Four Rings Audi 4 Life's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    E46 325ci
    Items for Sale

clutch questions

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    i am trying to find a very cost effective but quality clutch to use becuse from what i have read the oem clutch should hold for stage 3 k04 i know a few people running it without issues. But i want to find a oem interchangable disc and pressure plate from another Audi that fits oem flywheel just incase i end up going with more power than i origionally planned to.

what i would like to know is if the outer and inner diameter are the same and the number if teeth on the spline are the same does that mean the clutches sre interchangable?
    how would i know if the bolts lined up with the flywheel?

the specs on our clutch are
    outer diam 9 7/16 inner diam 1 1/8 and 23t spline

i checked rock auto it says the B8 S4 that uses 27t, but the b7 rs4 uses the same clutch us i think cuz the specs are the same as far as size and teeth and i figure since the jhm clutch kit uses thr b7 rs4 oem clutch for stage one it would maybe fit the stock flywheel but i wasnt sure cuz their kit comes with their ow. flywheel.

if this would work we wouls have a very cost effective upgrade picking up a oem clutch off rockauto their super cheap.

any help is much appreciated.

TIA

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Audi 4 Life; 08-14-2017 at 01:31 AM.
    RIP - JHM B6 3.0 6MTQ USP Denim Blue/Black w/ Nappa Silver
    Current- B8 2.0t Ibis white/black

AKA: A4QuattroV6

Veteran Member Four Rings 00SantorinS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I can vouch for the OEM LuK clutch found on RockAuto. I picked one up last month and had it installed, it is the same exact clutch from the factory minus the audi rings on the OEM one. I paid like $300 and change, well worth it IMO. I'm also not putting down any extra power as I have a stock turbo which needs replacing.
    2010 Audi A4 Premium 2.0TQM ** Brilliant Black - aFe Pro Dry Filter|ECS Turbo Inlet Hose|R8 Coils|ECS Drivetrain Mount Inserts|BFI GS2|35% Tint

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    E46 325ci
    Items for Sale

bump

sorry thats the last time i will post after a few beers i realized it wasnt a smooth read. i fixed it up best i could hopefully its a little easier to understand now.

Senior Member Two Rings sidkneeeeee's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by 00SantorinS4 View Post
    I can vouch for the OEM LuK clutch found on RockAuto. I picked one up last month and had it installed, it is the same exact clutch from the factory minus the audi rings on the OEM one. I paid like $300 and change, well worth it IMO. I'm also not putting down any extra power as I have a stock turbo which needs replacing.
    Do you mind if you can provide the part # on RockAuto?
    2010 A4 2.0T P+ 6 Speed CPO / ECS Interior + License led lights / RS4 Grill + Honeycomb Fog cover / Sline Rims 255-35-19 Et43 / ECS Spacer 10mmF:12.5mmB / ECS Inlet hose + Dry Filter / B12 KIT (Bilsteins Shock / Eibach Springs) / 10mm+12mm spacers / Wrapped interior + Window trim + Jcodes / ECS Shortshifter / LED 3200K Yellow Fog / Coilpack, NGK plugs / GFB+ DV / Revo Stage2 / Eurocode HFC / Hotchkis F:R Sway Bars / ECS Transmission Mount Inserts/ Future Mods: Podi Boost Gauge ; 3.0 TDI IC

Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Four Rings Jake@JHM's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    16 MK7 GTI APR STG2 - 03 Grand Cherokee - 06 R6 Raven - 13 HD IRON

B7 RS4 Pressure Plate will not mount up to the OEM A4 flywheel.

Our Stage 1 unit however will be all you need for the B8 A4.

It's currently on sale too: https://jhmotorsports.com/shop/catal...si-p-3475.html

Veteran Member Four Rings Zach L's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Audi 4 Life View Post
    the specs on our clutch are
    outer diam 9 7/16 inner diam 1 1/8 and 23t spline

i checked the B8 S4 that uses 27t i think but the b7 rs4 uses the same clutch as this and i figure since the jhm clutch kit uses thr b7 rs4 oem clutch for stage one it would maybe fit the stock flywheel but i wasnt sure cuz their kit comes with their flywheel.
    When JHM says they're using "so-and-so OEM part", they're using a highly modified unit. The B8 flywheel is significantly different from the flywheel of any B7 or earlier Audi because of Audi moving the engine rearward in the B8, and JHM's B8 A4 clutch kit is made to work specifically with the B7 RS 4 flywheel that was heavily modified to fit a B8. Neither will work unless paired with one another. They may have even modified the spline mount.

Our issue is the B8 parts are so different from previous generation parts, while at the same time Audi is not likely to put manual transmissions in any of the high performance variants of their current and future cars. That creates a dilemma and scant availability of interchangeable OEM parts now and in the future for manuals.
    Daily Driver: B8 A4 Quattro 6MT, Aruba Blue on Black, Premium Plus, Sport Package, Bang & Olufsen
    Current Projects: 2006 VW GTI 2.0T 6MT 1997 VW Golf 1982 VW Rabbit Diesel 1972 VW Bay Window Bus

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    E46 325ci
    Items for Sale

thanks for the info guys. kinda sucks tho i just didnt want ti drop 2k on a clutch kit as much as i liked the JHM kit on my B6 it was only half the cost of the B8 kit.

Maybe ill just throw a new oem luk clutch and flywheel in and leave it at that. Well see how things go i have some time left before i start my manual swap. and i still need to get the driveshaft anyways.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    E46 325ci
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by sidkneeeeee View Post
    Do you mind if you can provide the part # on RockAuto?
    https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...lutch+kit,1993

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    E46 325ci
    Items for Sale

somehow i got mixed up and the B8 s4 clutch is the same specs as the B8 A4 they are both same measurememts and 28 t spline so maybe they are interchangable??

even if the pressure plate didnt bolt to the A4 flywheel for some reason, as long the spline had same teeth and measurements on clutch were same wouldnt the discs at the very least be interchangable??

TIA

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    E46 325ci
    Items for Sale

bump