Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by LINDW4LL View Post
    Mine hasn't worn but I agree on not liking the round logo. Should be able to buy a generic B7 shell for < $10 and just swap the key and internals over.
    It's won't fit. Don't ask me why...

Veteran Member Four Rings RENOxDECEPTION's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2000 B5 A4 1.8TQM, 2000 B5 A4 1.8TQM
    Items for Sale

3d printing to the rescue?
    2000 Audi A4 B5 1.8TQM AEB/06A

Established Member Two Rings mys4.org's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001 Audi S4 2.7t

Or maybe a Audi sticker. Mine has completely worn off so I polished it to a near mirror like finish

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Veteran Member Four Rings LINDW4LL's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Stage 3 S4, E46 M3
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by DolphinV8 View Post
    It's won't fit. Don't ask me why...
    Is it where the key blade rests, or the internals won't swap?
    -Hayden

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Been a while, but I believe it's both.

Established Member Two Rings auditechnik's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001.5 Audi S4, 2003 Audi A4 1.8T, 1984 Audi 5000S turbo, 1980 Audi 4000

Quote Originally Posted by mys4.org View Post
    Or maybe a Audi sticker. Mine has completely worn off so I polished it to a near mirror like finish
    I think I'll do the same. It actually looks pretty good that way. Maybe I'll find someone to engrave a 4-ring Audi logo on it.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

West Coast Represent! haha, I see most of you are from Cali, I'm in San Jose.

I'm looking to get a B7 fob to add an extra set in my posession since the PO broke both of the key fob keys, and the only key that is functional is the Valet key. So, my question is, when I purchase this fob would I have an issue cutting it to my car ,or programming with a valet key? I would assume so, but I am not too sure. Any input guys?

Veteran Member Four Rings xalents23's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Spooling_Snails View Post
    West Coast Represent! haha, I see most of you are from Cali, I'm in San Jose.

I'm looking to get a B7 fob to add an extra set in my posession since the PO broke both of the key fob keys, and the only key that is functional is the Valet key. So, my question is, when I purchase this fob would I have an issue cutting it to my car ,or programming with a valet key? I would assume so, but I am not too sure. Any input guys?
    I'm from San Jose, as well. Not sure, if the key maker at the Great Mall will be able to cut your key with the Valet key. Best thing to do is go to the Great Mall and show the Key maker guy your Valet key. And see if he can make the new key from your Valet key.

As for the programming part, I'm not sure if you can do it without a key fob. Maybe use someone else's key fob to program your new B7 key...?
    GT2871R Build in Progress
    Stage 3 / E85
    Daz Tuned
    RIP 1984-2016

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by xalents23 View Post
    I'm from San Jose, as well. Not sure, if the key maker at the Great Mall will be able to cut your key with the Valet key. Best thing to do is go to the Great Mall and show the Key maker guy your Valet key. And see if he can make the new key from your Valet key.

As for the programming part, I'm not sure if you can do it without a key fob. Maybe use someone else's key fob to program your new B7 key...?
    Nice, I think I've seen you on Central Expressway. i was in a s4 Sedan.

Thanks for the input, I'll see if the they will be able to use the valet key, but incase they cant, my only option would be to contact audi? I'd hate to do that since they'll most likely charge up the butt...

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Stage 3 S4, E46 M3
    Items for Sale

Should be fine assuming they can cut the key based off the valet (I don't see why not). My only other key/remote had dead internals and worked fine for programming. It just has to be used in the ignition.
    -Hayden

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by LINDW4LL View Post
    Should be fine assuming they can cut the key based off the valet (I don't see why not). My only other key/remote had dead internals and worked fine for programming. It just has to be used in the ignition.
    Even if they're able to cut it, programming will be another challenge. The PO literally broke both Fobs where the piece enters the ignition. My fob, when I press the "pop out" feature, nothing comes out becasue the metal piece is missing. I use my fob just to unlock, lock, and open the trunk. The valet key is the only option I have to turn anything on. I don't have anything to lock the glove box or unlock the Driver door (by insert), because the Valet key does not do those things.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Stage 3 S4, E46 M3
    Items for Sale

Even if they're able to cut it, programming will be another challenge. The PO literally broke both Fobs where the piece enters the ignition. My fob, when I press the "pop out" feature, nothing comes out becasue the metal piece is missing. I use my fob just to unlock, lock, and open the trunk. The valet key is the only option I have to turn anything on. I don't have anything to lock the glove box or unlock the Driver door (by insert), because the Valet key does not do those things.
    Sounds like your PO was special

But to program, you only need a key to turn on the ignition (which valet will be fine for), and then you put the new key/remote in the drivers door.
    -Hayden

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

delete
    Last edited by oripaamoni; 12-18-2017 at 09:29 PM.
    ::: Cars owned ::: 2004.5 Stonehenge Gray Passat Tip ::: 2006 United Gray MKV GTI 6MT ::: 2000 Nogaro Blue S4 6MT ::: 2005.5 Moro Blue S4 6MT ::: 2010 Ibis A4 2.0TQ 6MT P- Sport (Current) ::: 2017 Scuba A4 P+ Tech Sport 19" (Current) ::: 2001 Nogaro Blue S4 :::

Veteran Member Four Rings 01audia4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

delete
    2001 A4 2.8-->1999 a4 1.8tq 220K-->2000 K04 S4--->2001 F21 S4 eating corn w/ stock rods

Veteran Member Four Rings jaychen's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

What frequency do US B5 S4's use in their transponders?
    2000 Achat S4