Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Active Member Two Rings electron bom's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B9 S4 EVO IX

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Good stuff!

Any plans to revisit the dyno since the addition of the catless downpipe?

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by electron bom View Post
    Good stuff!

Any plans to revisit the dyno since the addition of the catless downpipe?
    No plans to dyno the car again. This car does not handle the dyno well. Too many sensors and presence stuff to try and disable and I havenít found an easy Ďdyno modeí button.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

did you start sell dtuk box? if yes how mutch?... i'm from canada... better buy with you?
    Last edited by morin2726; 12-10-2017 at 08:25 AM.

Active Member Two Rings ZeGerman_A4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ibu11et View Post
    Hi folks. There has been a change in my status relative to my relationship with DTUK and I wanted to get out in front of any rumor or curiosity as to the accuracy of my statement of non-affiliation with DTUK.

At the time I wrote this review, I was not affiliated in any way with DTUK. Keep in mind that things do change. As impressed as I was with how the box functioned, I was equally surprised with how little exposure they had in the US market. I began working with Andrew, the owner of DTUK to bring distribution over to the states. Our conversation and the development of this relationship has been slow and deliberate. I am working with several outlets to become an official vendor and leading up to the completion of those deals, I wanted to set the record straight so there was no illusion of impropriety.

I created an LLC called DT Power and was incorporated in Delaware on 10/3/2017 (Deleware backdates to the request date once an entity is granted, the actual date I received the approval was 10/30). This review was posted 2 months earlier on 7/25/17. I was impressed with how a product functioned. I saw there was no US distribution. I decided to invest my time and money to see if there could be something there and a way to get from a career I wasn't passionate about to one that I was. I actually just received my first shipment of tune boxes here in the states yesterday and wanted to come and update this thread explaining the development.

Now that that's out of the way, here is my thoughts today after having the tuner on my car for about 4 months. (This time in the interest of "full disclosure" I do have skin in the game and I am a distributor for DTUK). However my S4 is my daily driver and I still have another job I need to get to that pays the bills. There is no way I would keep a malfunctioning unit on my car.

Do I still love the box, yes.

It still does everything it's advertised to do. I've got a bunch of other modifications on the car now and the box has grown with me. About a month in, the box started giving me a "U060B00 - Lost Communication With Turbocharger/Supercharger Boost Sensor "A" Unknown" error. This would occur randomly on startup and would clear if I turned the car off and restarted it. I spoke with Andrew about the issue and we added a slight delay to when the map kicks in to the parameters and this seems to have fixed the issue. Other than that, it seems to be golden. The drivability is still there even with a bunch of other modifications. I still stand by my initial review.

For those that are curious, as the car currently sits, these are my mods.

DTUK Tuner
    DTUK Pedalbox
    Millitek de-cat downpipe
    Custom exhaust with the stock resonators and silencer removed, replaced with Vibrant resonators
    Switchpath mod (unplugged bypass valves)
    Roc-Euro Intake with foam filter
    Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs (Part number E10-15-023-02-22 .8" drop front and rear)
    VMR V801 wheels (8.5 et 35)

Installing this weekend
    Integrated Engineering Intercooler (custom anodized black)
    Nice write up and thanks for being upfront about the change in your relationship to DTUK.

Does the kit also work on a regular B9 A4 or A4 Allroad?

Do you just take everything off before bringing it in for service and thatís it?

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ZeGerman_A4 View Post
    Nice write up and thanks for being upfront about the change in your relationship to DTUK.

Does the kit also work on a regular B9 A4 or A4 Allroad?

Do you just take everything off before bringing it in for service and thatís it?

We have a kit for both cars. What motor are you asking about? 3.0 or 2.0.

Yes. The kit takes about 5-10 minutes to install or uninstall.

Active Member Two Rings ZeGerman_A4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ibu11et View Post
    We have a kit for both cars. What motor are you asking about? 3.0 or 2.0.

Yes. The kit takes about 5-10 minutes to install or uninstall.

Yeah, I have the 2.0 with 252bhp.

Whatís the price for a DTUK kit and what bhp increase can I expect?

Can you say anything about the longevity of the engine at all?

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Brutale 1090, BMW 535ix

Iíve known you from the start and can vouch that you had no affiliation with DTUK. Still loving mine map 3:1. Let me know if there are updates

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Are any of you that are running this box leasing your s4? If so any code issues?

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Weberr89 View Post
    Are any of you that are running this box leasing your s4? If so any code issues?
    Most of our customers are leasing their cars.