Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Audi Connect with FreedomPop

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hi Guys:

So I have the FreedomPop card and tried to setup a "my audi connect" account and after filling out the VIN the site is asking me for the SIM number. About halfway through it identifies my card as an ATT card, which it obviously not. IS there any way around this? I am trying to set this u so I send Google maps to the car.

Thanks

Ray

Veteran Member Three Rings carmudgeon's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 TTS Roadster
    Items for Sale

What are the 5th, 6th, and 7th digits on the SIM card? Freedom Pop is a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) that piggybacks on one of the larger carrier networks; e.g. AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon. At one point or another I think they've used most of them.
    Previous vehicles: 2017 Golf R - 2002 S6 Avant - 2013 S4 - 2008 Subaru STi - 2007 Mazdaspeed3

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Here is the whole thing:

So the 5-7 digits are 170

When I try making my a account at my Audi it identifies the card as ATT but it doesn't do anything. I only want to use it to send maps to the nav. I get 2G grayed out but that is it.

....actually just found out that my car only works with T-Mobile or so the girl at Audi tells me, so I would need a sim that works with T-mobile. Their SIMS are 200 bucks a year, which I don't want to pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by rfluitsma; 07-24-2017 at 06:16 PM.

Veteran Member Three Rings carmudgeon's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 TTS Roadster
    Items for Sale

You just need to find an MVNO that uses T-Mobile. When I had the S4 I looked into it, I can't remember which ones I looked at but cost was the reason I didn't. Even with a cheap data plan it still costs more than I could justify.
    Previous vehicles: 2017 Golf R - 2002 S6 Avant - 2013 S4 - 2008 Subaru STi - 2007 Mazdaspeed3

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Well I got it working with FreedomPop. Google stuff is active but I can not figure out how to activate the Audi Connect thing so I can send maps to the car. Any suggestions? What is a MVNO? When I put in the SIM info in Audi Connect, it identifies the SIM as an ATT sim but it tells me it is not activated, so is there a work around? Obviously the car works with FreedomPop and I think people have/are sending maps to car using that sim. IS there another way of sending maps to the car?

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

how did you get it to work and do you have a link to what plan/sim card you purchased?

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

yes

freedompop.com pay $0.99 for SIM 2GB free per month.

network connections in car: APN: SET TO freedompop.foggmobile.com
    Username: put in space
    Password: put in space
    Authentication: set to NORMAL

Established Member Two Rings DrGER's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 Audi A4 Quattro 6MT, 2004 Honda CR-V EX 5MT

If you have a working 3G data connection (confirm with MMI Telephone > Data connection > Online status overview screen), you have the 1st half of this puzzle solved.

Do you know if the VIN has an Audi Connect PIN associated to it already ?
    Check this at the myAudi site (www.audiusa.com/myaudi): assuming your VIN is linked to your myAudi account, on the overview page (https://www.audiusa.com/myaudi/overview), pick the "Audi connect services" icon. On the new myAudi page, select the page menu (upper left), then My Vehicles. On the My vehicles page, select the vehicle with MMI 3G+ to view the Vehicle profile page. The myAudi Vehicle Profile page should show the current PIN associated with the VIN/vehicle.

We've been discussing some of this over here: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...i-Connect-Yes-!
    2014 A4Q P+ 2.0T 6MT Monsoon Grey. Previous: 2009 A4Q P+ 2.0T 6MT Brilliant Red; 2005 A4Q 1.8T 6MT Cambridge Green; 1995 90Q V6 5MT Pearl White; 1990 80Q I5 5MT Crystal Silver; 1984 5000S I5 5MT Montego Black; 1978 5000 Helios Blue; 1977 100LS Signal Green; 1974 Fox Sahara Sand.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Anyone can confirm if freedompop works on 2013 S8? I have the card and it doesnt work. Any ideas of what to do? Or another way besides going through audi.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine