Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member Four Rings agent47's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

B9 S4- what deals is everyone getting?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Weighing out my options right now and the B9 S4 seems very tempting. Curious what deals you guys have been seeing/getting as far as the price goes? Has anyone been able to negotiate the prices or are these cars selling like hotcakes so no one budges from the price?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    2016 A6 3.0, Prestige, Driver Assistance, 20" B/O, Cold weather. Stock

Established Member Two Rings NC_Detail_Garage's Avatar
    AZ Member #

6% off ordered one

I spend too much time on auto trader and still see mostly the same 43 cars available within 200 miles of me. This isn't an rs model and you shouldn't be laying sticker, at least that was my mindset

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2010 B8 S4, 2014 Audi Q5 TDI, 2013 BMW S1000RR

Quote Originally Posted by agent47 View Post
    Weighing out my options right now and the B9 S4 seems very tempting. Curious what deals you guys have been seeing/getting as far as the price goes? Has anyone been able to negotiate the prices or are these cars selling like hotcakes so no one budges from the price?
    I got 5% off MSRP for a loaded B9 order. Would have pushed for more but they offered a great figure for my B8 trade compared to other dealers.

Registered Member Four Rings agent47's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Twowheelsgood View Post
    I got 5% off MSRP for a loaded B9 order. Would have pushed for more but they offered a great figure for my B8 trade compared to other dealers.
    Thats what I was thinking. If it was an RS, I would agree partially but on A and S models, no way am I paying sticker. I am gonna start looking around. Still gotta make up my mind though if I want to get a CPO C7.5 S6 or the new S4

2016 A6 3.0, Prestige, Driver Assistance, 20" B/O, Cold weather. Stock

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I just read a report about car sales in North America being at their lowest number of sales in years, and Audi has been impacted by these slumping numbers.

The article I had read is actually what inspired my wife and I to trade up for newer cars. My logic behind that decision to get into a new car right now was that I figured that the Audi dealers near me had a higher volume of new cars sitting on the lot for a longer period of time than the dealer wanted to have the cars; so I traded in my B8.5 S4 for a B9 S4 last week, and I feel like I got a killer deal as a result from this calculated decision.

The car I bought is a 2018 prestige B9 S4, and it came loaded with all of the extra packages that I could wish to have on a new car (except for the cold weather package and warm weather package). The sticker price on the vehicle was $64,725.00, but I was able to talk the dealer down to $60,090.00, and with the Audi loyalty rebate of $750.00 it brought the total price down to $59,340.00.

If you are considering buying a new car this month I say go for it! The advantage is all with you (the buyer) right now because I know from talking with the sales managers near me that Audi dealers across North America are anxious to produce better numbers to show to Corporate.

Best of luck to you!

-David

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage

Dmaccro it sounds like we got deals within spitting distance for similar builds except I added winter package to your list. This makes me feel a little better about my next errand - going to get the bank check right now! I also agree this is is good time to buy a sedan while buyers are few, rates are low (if a loan is involved) and before inflation and sales taxes rise which might happen n the next few years.

Established Member Two Rings S3 lover's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I recently placed an order on a fully loaded prestige. Guaranteed 8% off MSRP right now plus any incentives available at time of delivery. Just shops around and have dealers compete for your business.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by S3 lover View Post
    I recently placed an order on a fully loaded prestige. Guaranteed 8% off MSRP right now plus any incentives available at time of delivery. Just shops around and have dealers compete for your business.
    Strong work! I probably should have tried harder but I didn't have the time to go to more than a couple of dealers and my eagerness to bargain was dulled a bit by the knowledge that Audi and Bosch are giving my ~$8,500 in the Q5 TDI diesel settlement. I already received the first half from Audi and since I plan to keep the Q5 forever it's like getting a huge discount on the S4.

We have yet to pass papers on my new S4. There will be the mandatory session with the sales manager where they try to scavenge a little more cash with Audi Care, extended warranties, paint treatments, etc. I'll pass on most of it (have a local shop for film & paint) but might do Audi Care again. Am I correct in thinking that the price is negotiable? I realize this is a poor deal compared to going to private shops or DIY but the location is convenient and I like have a loaner car, etc. Am I correct in thinking that I could buy Audi Care at another dealer within some time frame after getting the new S4? Might use that to bargain for a lower price, particularly if they try to reduce their offer on the trade-in.

AZ Member #

Strong work! I probably should have tried harder but I didn't have the time to go to more than a couple of dealers and my eagerness to bargain was dulled a bit by the knowledge that Audi and Bosch are giving my ~$8,500 in the Q5 TDI diesel settlement. I already received the first half from Audi and since I plan to keep the Q5 forever it's like getting a huge discount on the S4.

We have yet to pass papers on my new S4. There will be the mandatory session with the sales manager where they try to scavenge a little more cash with Audi Care, extended warranties, paint treatments, etc. I'll pass on most of it (have a local shop for film & paint) but might do Audi Care again. Am I correct in thinking that the price is negotiable? I realize this is a poor deal compared to going to private shops or DIY but the location is convenient and I like have a loaner car, etc. Am I correct in thinking that I could buy Audi Care at another dealer within some time frame after getting the new S4? Might use that to bargain for a lower price, particularly if they try to reduce their offer on the trade-in.
    I haven't actually negotiated anything in terms of Audi Care yet but that is something that is sold by each dealer so you could theoretically contact other dealers and see if anyone else will offer you Audi Care for a cheaper price. As far as trade-ins, try Carmax because they usually beat most car dealers.

Senior Member Four Rings jygesq's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1986 Honda CH 150 D scooter bought new

As far as Audi extended warranty, selling dealers usually will not deal on that. I bought my audi extended warranty from Troy Dietrich. he is at Toyota of greenfield ,Ma. The audi pure warranty is written at sister dealership, Father &Sons Audi, in Westbsringfield, Ma. Great deal , no sales tax as well. But for Audi Car maintence , he said he could only give me $50 off as there is little profit on it.
    2015 S4, P+, Florett Silver,black /silver nappa leather, S-tronic ,sport diff,B&O ,tech package ,supercharged badges. All season tires ,cargo net, factory dip stick

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by agent47 View Post

Let us know what you end up getting... Looking for Texas ammo.

Senior Member Three Rings emnahum's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

I got 50% off Audi Care, so yes it is negotiable. I don't know about buying it from another dealer, though.

2015 S4, P+, 6MT, Mythos/Black Nappa, SD, ADS, B&O, BO, Tech, Opticoat, Xpel Full Hood, 034 Transmission Mount, EC Sways & Links, CR-15
    Previous: 2004 A4 Avant 3.0 V6, 1995 90 Sport Quattro, 1984 4000 CS Sport Quattro, 1981 4000 5+5

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by emnahum View Post
    I got 50% off Audi Care, so yes it is negotiable. I don't know about buying it from another dealer, though.
    Interesting, particularly in view of the comment from jygesq. Hard to believe there's a low profit margin on prepaid maintenance but so much of this is opaque to the consumer. At least two of the services are glorified oil changes and every visit is an opportunity to discover a warranty repair issue or sell an alignment. One local dealership service advisor tried to convince me that oil & filter should be changed twice as often as recommended by Audi.

As for extended warranties I'm not too concerned about who backs them so long as that entity is likely to be in business for the duration. I had one years ago from a company that declared bankruptcy before the term was over. It was a miracle that I got back the 60% promised for not making any claims.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I got 9% off the MSRP which brought me down to 2k below the invoice. I got a few hundred off the maintenance plan as well and few hundred on the tint for all windows.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

AZ Member #

One local dealership service advisor tried to convince me that oil & filter should be changed twice as often as recommended by Audi.
    Well to be fair if you are buying your car and not leasing, changing your oil and filter every 5k miles will ensure your engine stays healthy and runs smoothly. I plan on changing oil and filter every 5k just to keep everything clean and performing at optimum levels.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by S3 lover View Post
    Well to be fair if you are buying your car and not leasing, changing your oil and filter every 5k miles will ensure your engine stays healthy and runs smoothly. I plan on changing oil and filter every 5k just to keep everything clean and performing at optimum levels.
    I changed oil every weekend when I raced motorcycles but I didn't use synthetic oil. That was probably unnecessary but tinkering with motor sometimes revealed unsuspected issues like missing safety wire or cracked frames. On road cars and using synthetic, I agree with 5000 miles for the first change when friction is max but after that I'm not convinced that such frequent changes are needed.

Active Member One Ring Brandon_Schulze's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Audi Employee checking in.... Bought my S4 on the employee purchase program

Active Member Two Rings BlewBuyou66's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon_Schulze View Post
    Audi Employee checking in.... Bought my S4 on the employee purchase program
    And everyone's wondering what those numbers look like, if you don't mind sharing
    2013 S6 ~ Milltek non-resonated

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by BlewBuyou66 View Post
    And everyone's wondering what those numbers look like, if you don't mind sharing
    They’re usually around 15% off MSRP

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

6% off MSRP and they included Audi Care free of charge. Car should be here any day now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Audizine mobile app

AZ Member #

Just got S4 on Monday. Sticker $60,600-selling price $54,250 + additional $1,500 Audi rebates so net price $52,750

AZ Member #

Hey guys & gals,

Wondering what deals you've gotten in MA and where you've purchased. I'm hoping to get a 8%-9% discount once I pull the trigger in the spring.

Thx

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by disintegrator66 View Post
    Hey guys & gals,

Wondering what deals you've gotten in MA and where you've purchased. I'm hoping to get a 8%-9% discount once I pull the trigger in the spring.

Thx
    Back on Labor day when I ordered mine the best I found in MA and NH was about 6% but come spring it may get better.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by disintegrator66 View Post
    Hey guys & gals,

Thx
    I got 9% discount off the MSRP here in SoCal.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by esco404 View Post

Might do same thing soon in SoCal area. Any pointers?

Active Member One Ring Brandon_Schulze's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by BlewBuyou66 View Post
    Sticker was almost $62k bought for about 20% off

Established Member Two Rings dbuxton13's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon_Schulze View Post
    Sticker was almost $62k bought for about 20% off
    ~50k for a $62k car? Dang, pays to be an employee.
    B9 S4

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 370z 6MT S+Tn

Quote Originally Posted by esco404 View Post

If NC dealers would work magic like that, I'd go for it in a heartbeat. Best I've gotten quoted is 4% off an ordered one MSRP at $62k. Cousin squeezed out 6% off on $51k A4 P+ after 5 grueling hours of negotiating/getting the run around at same dealer.
    Last edited by TaroBaapG35; 10-12-2017 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Missed model designation
    J
    Future
    2019 S4 OR 19' SQ5

Current
    2012 Nissan 370Z S+T 6MT - K&N Filters + HPS Tubes, Fast Intentions NR CF Exhaust, EcuTek (312rwhp, 253rwtq)
    2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan 5AT - OE 350z/G35 Springs, 19" G35 Coupe Rays, HR Y Pipe + Midpipe (273whp, 235wtg)

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    S3 and VW GTI
    Items for Sale

Interesting, particularly in view of the comment from jygesq. Hard to believe there's a low profit margin on prepaid maintenance but so much of this is opaque to the consumer. At least two of the services are glorified oil changes and every visit is an opportunity to discover a warranty repair issue or sell an alignment. One local dealership service advisor tried to convince me that oil & filter should be changed twice as often as recommended by Audi.

As for extended warranties I'm not too concerned about who backs them so long as that entity is likely to be in business for the duration. I had one years ago from a company that declared bankruptcy before the term was over. It was a miracle that I got back the 60% promised for not making any claims.
    There’s a $80 markup on Audi Care. If a dealer gives it to you for 50% off the they’re eating the rest.

Active Member One Ring audidriver23's Avatar
    AZ Member #

2018 Audi S4 Prestrige IBIS White
    S Sport Package
    Carbon Fiber Package w/ Side Assist
    Black Optics Package
    Cold Weather Package
    Warm Weather Package
    Dynamic Steering
    Carbon Fiber Atlas

MSRP 65480
    Purchase Price: 59985/65115 w/ TTL
    36/10k w/ $1600 drive off
    807/month
    0.0107MF
    Residual 37978 (58%0

Think I came out pretty good, but feel free to chime in.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by audidriver23 View Post
    S Sport Package
    Black Optics Package
    Cold Weather Package
    Warm Weather Package
    Dynamic Steering
    Carbon Fiber Atlas

MSRP 65480
    807/month
    0.0107MF
    Residual 37978 (58%0

I agree.. that's a good deal IMHO. Congrats!

Established Member Two Rings garybusey's Avatar
    AZ Member #

2018 Audi S4 Premium Plus
    Navigation Package
    Black Optics Package
    S Sport Package
    Grey Nappa Leather Package
    Carbon Fiber Atlas

MSRP 60850
    Purchase Price: 54000

Veteran Member Four Rings IanCH's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by audidriver23 View Post
    S Sport Package
    Black Optics Package
    Cold Weather Package
    Warm Weather Package
    Dynamic Steering
    Carbon Fiber Atlas

MSRP 65480
    807/month
    0.0107MF
    Residual 37978 (58%0

Residual on premium plus is .62 right now, otherwise killer deal. Did you miss a decimal on that money factor? meant to type 0.0017?
    Daily Car 2018 S5 SB - P+ - Nav - Sport - Stock (For Now)
    Sometimes Car 2015 Golf R - DCC - DSG - Oryx White Pearl - APR Stg II+ 93 (HT) - APR TCU - APR DP - Unitronic IC - AFe Stg2 Intake

SOLD 2011 S4 - Prestige - Dipped Royal Blue Pearl

"I'm the one person on Audizine who cares about engineering." - westwest888

Veteran Member Four Rings IanCH's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Audi_Salesman View Post
    There’s a $80 markup on Audi Care. If a dealer gives it to you for 50% off the they’re eating the rest.

Theres only an 80$ markup on audicare if you go by dealer service prices, which we all know are BS.

Also, you only get an oil change every 10k from audi care right?
    Daily Car 2018 S5 SB - P+ - Nav - Sport - Stock (For Now)
    Sometimes Car 2015 Golf R - DCC - DSG - Oryx White Pearl - APR Stg II+ 93 (HT) - APR TCU - APR DP - Unitronic IC - AFe Stg2 Intake

SOLD 2011 S4 - Prestige - Dipped Royal Blue Pearl

"I'm the one person on Audizine who cares about engineering." - westwest888

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    S3 and VW GTI
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by IanCH View Post
    Theres only an 80$ markup on audicare if you go by dealer service prices, which we all know are BS.

Also, you only get an oil change every 10k from audi care right?
    That is correct.

Established Member Two Rings garybusey's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I know this question not really thread related but I was given the A4 Owners Manual before my car got shipped from the dealer, what about you guys?

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Wow, some of you guys are getting some great deals!!

Established Member Two Rings PhillyS4-856's Avatar
    AZ Member #

2018 Audi S4 Premium Plus
    Navigation Package
    S Sport Package
    Black Nappa Leather Package
    Carbon Fiber Atlas
    19”s

MSRP 60900
    Purchase Price: 52648

36/12K W/3000 down
    583/month