Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Thread: Alternator

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Alternator

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I have a 2001 Audi TT Quattro 225Hp 6sp manual 20 valve L4 1.8 liter. My serpentine belt every 3000 miles gets thrown off and breaks. All pulleys are good but the alternator pulley crankshaft the belt seems to hang off of the grooves by 1/8 of an inch.... Why does it keep doing this? I've looked it everything and I am frustrated because I already put on the new belt knowing it will break soon if I don't get it fixed right. Please someone HELP.

Sent from my Z815 using Audizine mobile app

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha#1971 View Post
    I have a 2001 Audi TT Quattro 225Hp 6sp manual 20 valve L4 1.8 liter. My serpentine belt every 3000 miles gets thrown off and breaks. All pulleys are good but the alternator pulley crankshaft the belt seems to hang off of the grooves by 1/8 of an inch.... Why does it keep doing this? I've looked it everything and I am frustrated because I already put on the new belt knowing it will break soon if I don't get it fixed right. Please someone HELP.

Do I need an oem alternator?

I bought a Napa one and everything seemed to line up perfect but it just doesn't seem to fit right!? Ugh what's wrong?

Have you seen the price of an oem alternator!...OUCH!!!