Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Three Rings chopz33's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 Infiniti QX56

rattle from under center console

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    i have an annoying rattle from what seems like under the center console.
    ive researched and not really able to find anything.

its not a clunking noise but more of a "marble in a box" type of sound

has anyone ever had this before or removed the center console to see if there are any broken tabs or pieces?
    2012 S4/ Prestige/ Black Optics Package/DSG/Red Leather/B&O sound
    KW Coilovers/RS4 grille/LED conversion/USP Intake/AWE Touring-resonated DP's/Tinted Amber corners/034 trans mount/CW Pro/Niche Targa wheels/255 30 20/CF Stvbek front lip/Unitronic Stage 2

Veteran Member Three Rings Gunnark100's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Are you sure it is not those silly bottle holder "clips-tabs"?

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1ASiFR...rame-Decal.jpg
    FL taillights retrofit/Interior leds/Number plate leds/Fog grills with chrome rings/Sideskirts/Bixenon retrofit/MMI 3G High retrofit/ECU tune/VCDS mod/FL gearknob/18" wsp wheels "peelers" style/Color DIS retrofit/Soundproofing/Interior 6D carbon wrap/Rieger look front bumper valance/Added B/O tweeters+Activsub/ADS Limited with switch retrofit/Efficiency program added via cluster and gateway flash/FL S5 Cluster look + trim bits, A8 2010+ analog clock in process

Senior Member Two Rings Shaun Perry's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I have this same problem in my 2012 S4 lol. It drives me crazy. Mine is more toward the rear of the cup holders.

I've noticed when I throw my hand back there and Palm both air vents it quiets down so I'm assuming it's the sliding mechanism or something inside the air vents. It's one of those tedious little things that I'll probably never take the time to fix but I know exactly what youre referring to as the "marble in a box" sound.

Established Member Three Rings chopz33's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 Infiniti QX56

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun Perry View Post
    I have this same problem in my 2012 S4 lol. It drives me crazy. Mine is more toward the rear of the cup holders.

I've noticed when I throw my hand back there and Palm both air vents it quiets down so I'm assuming it's the sliding mechanism or something inside the air vents. It's one of those tedious little things that I'll probably never take the time to fix but I know exactly what youre referring to as the "marble in a box" sound.
    well i haven't been able to pinpoint it but i will start with the vents and see if i can find something.
    2012 S4/ Prestige/ Black Optics Package/DSG/Red Leather/B&O sound
    KW Coilovers/RS4 grille/LED conversion/USP Intake/AWE Touring-resonated DP's/Tinted Amber corners/034 trans mount/CW Pro/Niche Targa wheels/255 30 20/CF Stvbek front lip/Unitronic Stage 2

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun Perry View Post

^ this is exactly the same as my 2010

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Under the armrest/lid there's a big plastic cover that can cause a lot of rattles. Try shimming something under it to see if it gets rid of yours. I got some felt tape and got rid of most of mine. Otherwise I am pretty sure it's the weird ratcheting system in the arm rest...not much you can do about without taking the thing apart.

Second image here: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...=1#post7179790