Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings midam96's Avatar
    AZ Member #

2013 Rs5 rear differential fried

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    My Audi developed a high pitch whine while on the interstate Tuesday. Was into the trip about 100 of the 150 or so miles of journey. Got to a dealer n an unknown to me City ( Dealer Service Dept.certainly have bent over backwards to help an out of town Audi Owner)
    The report is differential fried from what I don't know. Car is not driven hard really still have the oem brake pads and rotors @ 43,000 miles. Pads are showing just now to mid life or fraction below on 2 of 4 wheels. All maintenance done on schedule.
    I'm perplexed on to a power train item like that failing. I'm in initial contact with AoA they listened and I think will contact the Dealer to get their take on it. I'm very hopeful they will b as perplexed and want to fix such a catastrophic premature failure. AoA seems responsive so far I'll keep posting thru the experience.
    The fix is potentially "weeks" away as everything has to b sent from Germany. That tells me it's an unexpected fail item from Audi Engineering. Ugggg just months out of warranty on time yet 20% less mileage. This is absolutely first issue with the RS5 I love the car and my wife and I both have enjoyed the vehicle.
    Will keep updating....

Audi Customer Experience Two Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Good morning, thanks for reaching out. I'd like to discuss your concerns further. Can you please send me a PM with your full name, mailing address, email, phone number, Audi dealership, and VIN.
    Audi Social Community Manager

Established Member Two Rings midam96's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Audi USA View Post
    Good morning, thanks for reaching out. I'd like to discuss your concerns further. Can you please send me a PM with your full name, mailing address, email, phone number, Audi dealership, and VIN.
    Mike, is this a pm ? Im not very Audizine aside from postings savvy. I'd b very happy to talk with u. Thank you for contacting me.

- - - Updated - - -

Laughing no it wasn't uggg !

Audi Customer Experience Two Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by midam96 View Post
    Mike, is this a pm ? Im not very Audizine aside from postings savvy. I'd b very happy to talk with u. Thank you for contacting me.

- - - Updated - - -

Laughing no it wasn't uggg !
    No worries at all. This is a public post. I will follow up with you via private message.
    Audi Social Community Manager