Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings midam96's Avatar
    AZ Member #

2013 Rs5 rear differential fried

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    My Audi developed a high pitch whine while on the interstate Tuesday. Was into the trip about 100 of the 150 or so miles of journey. Got to a dealer n an unknown to me City ( Dealer Service Dept.certainly have bent over backwards to help an out of town Audi Owner)
    The report is differential fried from what I don't know. Car is not driven hard really still have the oem brake pads and rotors @ 43,000 miles. Pads are showing just now to mid life or fraction below on 2 of 4 wheels. All maintenance done on schedule.
    I'm perplexed on to a power train item like that failing. I'm in initial contact with AoA they listened and I think will contact the Dealer to get their take on it. I'm very hopeful they will b as perplexed and want to fix such a catastrophic premature failure. AoA seems responsive so far I'll keep posting thru the experience.
    The fix is potentially "weeks" away as everything has to b sent from Germany. That tells me it's an unexpected fail item from Audi Engineering. Ugggg just months out of warranty on time yet 20% less mileage. This is absolutely first issue with the RS5 I love the car and my wife and I both have enjoyed the vehicle.
    Will keep updating....

Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Good morning, thanks for reaching out. I'd like to discuss your concerns further. Can you please send me a PM with your full name, mailing address, email, phone number, Audi dealership, and VIN.
    Vincenzo F.

Audi Social Community Manager

Established Member Two Rings midam96's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Audi USA View Post
    Good morning, thanks for reaching out. I'd like to discuss your concerns further. Can you please send me a PM with your full name, mailing address, email, phone number, Audi dealership, and VIN.
    Mike, is this a pm ? Im not very Audizine aside from postings savvy. I'd b very happy to talk with u. Thank you for contacting me.

- - - Updated - - -

Laughing no it wasn't uggg !

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by midam96 View Post
    Mike, is this a pm ? Im not very Audizine aside from postings savvy. I'd b very happy to talk with u. Thank you for contacting me.

- - - Updated - - -

Laughing no it wasn't uggg !
    No worries at all. This is a public post. I will follow up with you via private message.
    Vincenzo F.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

2013 RS5

Unfortunately, I'm having the same problem. The car is out of warranty and only has 26k miles on it. I've only owned it for < month and only put 700 miles on the car when it happened.

I returned it back to the dealer I bought it from and I'm waiting to hear what they say. Car Fax was clean, but the dealer didn't perform the 35K or 3.5 year service recommended service by Quattro GmbH, so I'm assuming I can hold them responsible!?

They should know that the rear diff. needs servicing, if they're going to put it on their lot for sale. Unfortunately, the purchase was "as is" I hope I hear some good news or I'm going to be extremely frustrated...
    Last edited by virtual_tycoon; 10-10-2017 at 05:33 PM.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by midam96 View Post
    Will keep updating....
    Any update?

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by virtual_tycoon View Post
    2013 RS5

Unfortunately, I'm having the same problem. The car is out of warranty and only has 26k miles on it. I've only owned it for < month and only put 700 miles on the car when it happened.

I returned it back to the dealer I bought it from and I'm waiting to hear what they say. Car Fax was clean, but the dealer didn't perform the 25K service, so I'm assuming I can hold them responsible!?

They should know that the rear diff. needs servicing, if they're going to put it on their lot for sale. I hope I hear some good news or I'm going to be extremely frustrated...
    Hello,

Thank you for reaching out and making Audi aware of the situation with your newly purchased 2013 Audi RS 5. If it's alright with you I'd like to gather a little bit of information and see if I can look into this for you? Are you able to PM me your name, VIN, email address, phone number and which dealership you've been working with? I look forward to hearing back from you.
    Vincenzo F.